Northern Lights Auto Grow Journal

My Auto Northern Lights grow has been left to grow without much intervention from me
It's early Spring here so I've been kept busy outside

Hence they look a little more pale than I would like, so I have increased the amount of Potassium Silicate to 2ml/L, CaMg to 2ml/L, A&B Coco 4ml/L and increased light to maximum, 300mm above the canopy
I think late veg is the best time to throw everything at auto-flowering cannabis plants to prepare for budding

I've taken off the lower leaves and shoots which were suffering Nitrogen/Potassium/Calcium deficiencies anyway
They are growing nicely bushy so I will top these to leave a canopy of 8 colas per plant

These Auto Northern Lights are 4-5 weeks old in 5L of pure coco

auto-norther-lights-coco-4weeks.JPG

I am still looking for a better light; this one draws 150w but there is a lot of yellow - I measure with a digital camera histogram which measures bands of colour, highlights, shadows etc
I have 2x 120w Blue/Red/IR/UV 'burple' lamps which produce more lush growth and shoots, so think I'll swap over in the meantime

Happy growing, happy toking good people
:peace: :hookah:

Auto Northern Lights starting to flower - looking like a pretty plant with a deep hash-like smell which suits me fine :cool:

northern-lights-auto-main-cola-forming.JPG
auto-northern-lights-starting-flower.JPG

Now I have my imaginary dream grow nearly completed in my head
Four autos ~ Green Crack, Jack Herer, Northern Lights & maybe a Lamb's Breath strain
:hookah:

...though to be fair the Chocolate Skunk is also in the running, great plant, great to smoke
Oh, and Heavy Grapefruit, Cherry Bomb, RQS Creamatic, Pineapple Chunk...

o.m.g shes well into flowering already , thats a huge leap in the last 10 days ,looking goood roy :thumb: :peace:
Cheers @ThirdUncle - Switching the lamp has made quite a difference
The Totally Shit 1000 is fucking useless, so now I'm using Kingbo Dual Spectrum x2

They are looking really nice! I’ve got a couple “volunteer” NL’s autos that are just starting to flier, yours look much more dense, fantastic.
They have only started to fill out in the last few days Phyto, and two of them were pathetic so got dumped
Used PK week 3-4 of flower, now using BioBizz with a Molasses type mix and they are doing OK

I've hardly had to use the extractor/filter on this grow, just a mild Moroccan hash smell which is great for me - means I can just leave the tent open with a circulating fan for ventilation
Talk about an easy grow... :hookah:
[says he, putting some JH in to soak lol]

Looking great. Northern Lights is a quality strain for many reasons. I love that hashy smell too. Doesn't assault your senses. Lol.
Yeah, LOL
Never done NL in a tent before and found it behaves quite nicely, deffo a keeper strain

My JH has sprouted and I know I'm gonna have to keep tipping those, last time they kind of bolted
I learned something there, because the previous 'Original Jack Herer' was really compact Indy-like
On the other hand I wonder which pheno I've got here?
The leaves are looking wider than blades so hopefully it's the latter

I've invested in a new lamp - Lumatek ATS Pro
Made in the UK and as you would expect, not cheap but I got a good deal off my man and saved £35
I figure my time isn't cheap either, so should have been a no-brainer a long time ago
Went for a UK made Lumatek ATS, I used their HPS digital ballasts in the days of MH/HPS and it's solid kit
It's a tight fit in the tent I'm currently using (0.6M2) so will be swapping over to my 0.8M2 once the NL is done, soon
The light is true white, with added far-red and looks great - can't-look-at-it bright like MH/CMH lamps

Northern Lights Auto is now around 14 weeks from seed and finishing with plenty of sparkle
I've put my Jack Herer directly into 5L pots of coco/frass/myco, and popped some more Lemon Grass and Chocolate Skunk as the lamp coverage is now good for four plants

auto-northern-lights-week-14-from-seed.JPG
northern-lights-top-chopped.JPG

DSC_2861.JPG

The plant in the second pic stretched too much, so I just chopped the top 8" off about 4 weeks ago, leaving the two colas at the top in place, which are now primary colas
:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom