OG's Hi Brix Organic: LEDs, Perpetual Harvest

Ultimate purple have doubled in height over last 4 days.
IMG_386310.JPG

Typically RO water is between 5-6 so PH is absolutely crucial unless. Generally mine sits at 5.3 before I add nutes.

The key takeaway is that PH of the water humans drink is not a big deal (Soda 2.9, Beer 4.5, Water 5-9) because humans are a living system that can adapt. The same is true for a LIVING soil system, it adapts to large ranges of PH.

As Jeff Goldbloom says in Jurassic Park, Life finds a way.

The key takeaway is that PH of the water humans drink is not a big deal (Soda 2.9, Beer 4.5, Water 5-9) because humans are a living system that can adapt. The same is true for a LIVING soil system, it adapts to large ranges of PH.

As Jeff Goldbloom says in Jurassic Park, Life finds a way.
See and that's probably what I'm missing and am trying to learn! It's just been my experience that even when it comes to soil it's a battlefield as far as PH meanwhile everyone with "living soil" is like "PH? Fuck it" I've had one plant drift down to low 5's and lock out nutrients twice in 2 months :/

See and that's probably what I'm missing and am trying to learn! It's just been my experience that even when it comes to soil it's a battlefield as far as PH meanwhile everyone with "living soil" is like "PH? Fuck it" I've had one plant drift down to low 5's and lock out nutrients twice in 2 months :/

I totally get that. In my first grow, I had a great run in a simple peat moss, perlite, boutique soil mix. I used organic bottled nutes, good spring water, and got a respectable 2.5 oz per plant.

In my second grow, I used the same soil mix, the same water, and clones of the same plants. I vegged for something like 6 months without growing anything more that 5" tall palm trees with yellow leaves. My girls never actually died, but they went nowhere. I was PH-ing to the same 6.5 as the first grow. Finally I dropped the PH to 6.2-6.3 and the grow took off. The plants were worthless and woody, but they grew well enough to take clones and the clones did well. Just because I am stubborn, I did try to grow one to completion. It took over a year to reach 15" tall and 15" wide - final yield after flower was less than 8 grams.

So anyway, I understand the sensitivity to PH and nutrient lockout and never really learned to navigate those waters. While recovering from the clones in suspended animation, I switched to a living soil purchased from Build-a-soil and had good success - once, but I did not repeat that succes because I never really got a system going with making up sprouted seed teas and ended up growing with just soil and water. This last year, I switched to Doc Bud's (Hi-Brix) living soil / nutrient regimen and am getting some really good results. I am fiddling a little with nutrient amounts, watering frequency in flower, and how much to foliar spray - but it is the difference between happy plants and VERY happy plants. So much less stressful than seeing funny leaf blotches, leaf drop in veg, and stalled growth.

Everyone has their own path - I encourage folks who like tasty reliable harvests to go down Doc Bud's Hi Brix path. It might be a "Soil growing for dummies" solution, but the results are top shelf and low stress. The cost is about the same or less than other nutrient systems.

For an overview of how to use Doc's kit ==> In The Lab With Doc Bud

For learning how to make your own soil and develop your own nutrient routines, I like ==> Building a Better Soil - Demonstrations & Discussions of Organic Soil Recipes

I totally get that. In my first grow, I had a great run in a simple peat moss, perlite, boutique soil mix. I used organic bottled nutes, good spring water, and got a respectable 2.5 oz per plant.

In my second grow, I used the same soil mix, the same water, and clones of the same plants. I vegged for something like 6 months without growing anything more that 5" tall palm trees with yellow leaves. My girls never actually died, but they went nowhere. I was PH-ing to the same 6.5 as the first grow. Finally I dropped the PH to 6.2-6.3 and the grow took off. The plants were worthless and woody, but they grew well enough to take clones and the clones did well. Just because I am stubborn, I did try to grow one to completion. It took over a year to reach 15" tall and 15" wide - final yield after flower was less than 8 grams.

So anyway, I understand the sensitivity to PH and nutrient lockout and never really learned to navigate those waters. While recovering from the clones in suspended animation, I switched to a living soil purchased from Build-a-soil and had good success - once, but I did not repeat that succes because I never really got a system going with making up sprouted seed teas and ended up growing with just soil and water. This last year, I switched to Doc Bud's (Hi-Brix) living soil / nutrient regimen and am getting some really good results. I am fiddling a little with nutrient amounts, watering frequency in flower, and how much to foliar spray - but it is the difference between happy plants and VERY happy plants. So much less stressful than seeing funny leaf blotches, leaf drop in veg, and stalled growth.

Everyone has their own path - I encourage folks who like tasty reliable harvests to go down Doc Bud's Hi Brix path. It might be a "Soil growing for dummies" solution, but the results are top shelf and low stress. The cost is about the same or less than other nutrient systems.

For an overview of how to use Doc's kit ==> In The Lab With Doc Bud

For learning how to make your own soil and develop your own nutrient routines, I like ==> Building a Better Soil - Demonstrations & Discussions of Organic Soil Recipes
And that's what I see and hear time and time again all over this site, even before I joined I'd read grows that used his brix mix and I was personally blown away and have been trying to attempt teas and hell I even have some worms I saved from a bait store building me some earthworm enriched goodness because here I don't have the easiest access to the best ingredients when it comes to soil.

My buddy just purchased the kit and that's the only thing I haven't been able to find out is how much and where to purchase said kit. Also I have reason to believe Doc is some sort of Cannabis wizard, if anyone could confirm or deny?

And that's what I see and hear time and time again all over this site, even before I joined I'd read grows that used his brix mix and I was personally blown away and have been trying to attempt teas and hell I even have some worms I saved from a bait store building me some earthworm enriched goodness because here I don't have the easiest access to the best ingredients when it comes to soil.

My buddy just purchased the kit and that's the only thing I haven't been able to find out is how much and where to purchase said kit. Also I have reason to believe Doc is some sort of Cannabis wizard, if anyone could confirm or deny?

Send DocBud a private Message or email asking for "the kit" - a starter kit for 6 plants in 7 gallon pots. Doc will ask for mailing address and email a paypal invoice. This is his business and he is professional in his customer service.. My last order took 1 week from invoice to delivery. Canada may take a few days longer. Open up a grow log with Hi-Brix in the title and you will get some folks who grow with DocBud's nutrients help you though the questions. - That works for me :)

At the same time you can gather up 30+ lbs of worm compost and Promix/sunshine mix per the directions. All told you should be able to grow your first 6 plants for less than what I pay for an oz on the street.

(assuming you already have grow lights, a grow space, pots(I like the 7-gal GeoPots), etc. - If not a grow Journal is a great place to ask about your options. - You could also grow outside without all that stuff if that works in your part of the world:) )

Doc's not a wizard, but he knows his stuff, did many soil tests and grows to refine his method, and has good gardening skills. He's done the hard part for us :)

Hey OG can use ur helo. If u or when u have time can u look at my journals last post and shate some insight on what i should do? Thanks ahead of time n look forwatd to hearing from u!

Decided to bloom the two sour diesel and the three LSD now so I can pick the best pheno before wasting to much time with the lesser ones.
So all the other plants from the 2x4' cabinet had to move to the 1.5'x2' cabinet.
IMG_389616.JPG

Then the five I just mentioned got up potted to 3 gallon geopots. I have just changed the timer to 12/12 and they will bloom in the
2x4 cabinet for 3.5 weeks until the hydro grow in 2x6 cabinet is done they they move over.
IMG_389814.JPG

Going to get crowded in the small cabinet...

Back
Top Bottom