OG's Hi Brix Organic: LEDs, Perpetual Harvest

Here are the seedlings and fresh clones in the hardware store potting soil blend. I think it has too much fertilizer for seedlings, my seedlings lower leaves have changed colour. What do you sool guys think? Overfeeding fert? Small clones in same cheap soil doing fine in red cups (two with humidity domes) However the larger clones that have moved on to non-augmented organic soil and worm castings mixture seem very happy.

IMG_358117.JPG

Yep. I think you got all that right.

A little hot for seedlings, and the clones can take it better than the seedlings.

I'm in the same boat, I used up all my peat moss in mixing soil and I didn't save out a few cupfuls for starting seeds and clones.
I could use garden soil, but there is a risk of introducing gnats and mites. I can also pick up some plain peat moss at the hardware store or garden center. Come to think of it, I have some seeds that didn't take over the winter so I have a few little starter pots of peat moss.

Here is how they look now:
IMG_365721.JPG

I have ripped out all the hydroponic equipment from my 2x4' veg cabinet. I am going to do a
Little growing to confirm how I want to redo the shelves in it. For now the Rubbermaid bins sub as a shelf.
The middle 8 are ultimate purple by bc bud depot they will be going to bloom as soon as I have viable clones of them. I hope within 2 weeks.
They are male/female seeds so I want to bloom them as soon as possible then remove males to upstairs closet to save pollen for future breeeding. Then the remaining females will show me who's best and that will the only one of those I clone from then on. Stating 8 at once ensures I have a decent chance to get best Phenotype. Starting all 12 would have been even better but have to draw the line on numbers somewhere for legal reasons...

Looking great in there!! Hope u get everything you want on your organic grow journey!! I really been interested in Doc Buds kit so am definitely follow was gonna follow anyways!! Lol!! But hey if you love it like I believe you are then maybe I will make the jump also!! Gonna get the coco thing down first. Just got my filter in the mail so tomorrow gonna set things up and get Thunderpaws Blooming!! And also gonna drop all Jackolope seeds in a glass of water. Clones are doing awesome gonna keep a momma from Thunderpaws and Jackolope!! Then m gonna do couple clone grows!! But m watching and learning so keep the updates coming. Till next time! Hey quick question when do you switch over to bloom nutes? Some say as soon as you trigger bloom while others say wait till you see pistils.

Question for you soil gurus. My seedlings still don't look great. What causes this browning? Starts at bottom leaves and moves up:

IMG_366015.JPG

Docs soil is not ready yet so these are in a mix of 4 parts pro mix hp with one part worm castings.

I have only been giving RO water. What Ph should the RO water be?

Question for you soil gurus. My seedlings still don't look great. What causes this browning? Starts at bottom leaves and moves up:

IMG_366015.JPG

Docs soil is not ready yet so these are in a mix of 4 parts pro mix hp with one part worm castings.

I have only been giving RO water. What Ph should the RO water be?

pH is meaningless in RO water. It's pH 7, until you add a teensy,weensy bit of anything, and then it swings wildly. pH of water is essentially meaningless in a buffered soil like Promix HP.

You need to feed! I recommend a nice fishy fert.

Ok. I will have to do some searching. I didn't know there was more I needed to buy. Is there more needed simply because this is not your kit soil? Or is additional feeding required with your it soil too?
Do you happen to have a list of suggested things to buy for noobs?

Thanks!

pH is meaningless in RO water. It's pH 7, until you add a teensy,weensy bit of anything, and then it swings wildly. pH of water is essentially meaningless in a buffered soil like Promix HP.

You need to feed! I recommend a nice fishy fert.

Ok. I will have to do some searching. I didn't know there was more I needed to buy. Is there more needed simply because this is not your kit soil? Or is additional feeding required with your it soil too?

Thanks!

I believe Doc is saying to apply his fishy fertilizer (Growth Energy+Tea) and a couple days later start your Brix foliar spraying. In other words, feed as if it were in Doc's Soil and then transplant into a larger pot of Doc's Soil when the soil is ready.

I have been starting soaking potted plants in 2ml of GE + 0.2ml Tea in about 1 quart of water. Then more water to the amount the plant drinks.
If this is the only plant, I suggest 1/2 ml brix in 15ml water. For more plants, mix more Brix spray in a ratio of 1 Brix per each 30 water.

This is calcium deficiency. If you have them in ProMix with worm castings, that's gonna be your primary problem as peat contains none and WC contain very little. RO water too? It depletes your soil from mineral salts. You could start foliar sprays probably and start delivering some via root feeding. Fish meal will work cause it contains fair bit of calcium carbonate, but the best way to deliver it fast in high ppm is wood ash. But if you use Doc's kit then you'd better ask Doc what you should do. Good luck, man.

Thanks!

Yes, there's more needed because you're not really following directions, but are starting your plants in non-highbrix soil. So we're trying to help you with that. You need to feed those non-HB plants, and I recommend fishy ferts.

As for lists of things you need, the Kit lists everything. You're just not actually using the kit yet....

This is calcium deficiency. If you have them in ProMix with worm castings, that's gonna be your primary problem as peat contains none and WC contain very little. RO water too? It depletes your soil from mineral salts. You could start foliar sprays probably and start delivering some via root feeding. Fish meal will work cause it contains fair bit of calcium carbonate, but the best way to deliver it fast in high ppm is wood ash. But if you use Doc's kit then you'd better ask Doc what you should do. Good luck, man.

He's not actually using the kit yet, Conradino.

I don't like wood ash due to the extremely high potassium. It will mess with him when he finally does get into kit soil.

The only EWC at my local CTC was a mix with compost(CIL brand)...the NPK didn't match Doc's criteria...I did manage to source some stateside and pick it up on a getaway...wish it was easier to source locally...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom