Olypenn LED White Widow Grow

Misted the WW and watered the NL seed today. Temp inside the grow box staying at 70 degrees with the outside temp on porch getting below 40 degrees at night. With the 6 hour off/dark cycle the temp inside the box is dropping to around 60 degrees. Anyone know if this drop in temp during the dark cycle will hurt the plants? Thanks for the help and comments.
WW-NL-LEDAuto-10-10-13.jpg

60 degrees is borderline, but acceptable, I have my intake fan on a timer, so they are off when the lights are off, keeps the temp in the 70s during dark cycle.
Misted the WW and watered the NL seed today. Temp inside the grow box staying at 70 degrees with the outside temp on porch getting below 40 degrees at night. With the 6 hour off/dark cycle the temp inside the box is dropping to around 60 degrees. Anyone know if this drop in temp during the dark cycle will hurt the plants? Thanks for the help and comments.
WW-NL-LEDAuto-10-10-13.jpg

NL seed not sprouted yet. Misted the WW and watered the dry edges of the pot. Growth is coming along.
WW-NL-LED_Auto-10-11-13.jpg

Looks like almost an inch of overnight growth on the WW. I put a heating pad under pots to keep inside grow box temp higher during the 6 hours of lights off. NL seed not sprouted yet. Put some more mylar reflective stuff on pots to take advantage of all the light. Outside temps last night down to 34 degrees. Grow box temp at 78 degrees.
WWLEDAuto2-10-13-13.jpg
WWLEDAuto1-10-13-13.jpg

The aroma is developing and plant growing strong. The NL should be sprouting soon. Added a bit of water and misted today. Removed the heating pad as it kept turning off. Will look for another cheap way to add some heat when the light cycle is on dark. I should be getting my first month electric bill soon so we will know how much this LED is costing and saving over other types of lights.
WWLED-10-14-13.jpg

I started this journal and posting pics on 10-3. I just got the electric bill so it would include about 2 weeks of electricity use with the LED. The bill wasn't increased by more than a few dollars from normal probably less than 10 bucks. So I guess this LED really doesn't use much electricity as advertised. One LED running 18 hrs per day should cost less than 15 bucks a month. The WW is growing rapidly so there probably is still enough fertilizer in there for now. Any suggestions welcome about what signs to look for when it's time to fertilize again. The NL seed is near the surface ready to pop through. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
WWLED-1-10-15-13.jpg
WWLED-2-10-15-13.jpg
WWLED-3-10-15-13.jpg
WWLED-4-10-15-13.jpg

The Nothern Light seed popped through the surface today. The pic isn't too good but will get more tomorrow during better daylight hours. The White Widow is doing good.
NLLEDAuto-10-16-13.jpg
WWLEDAuto-10-16-13.jpg

I would try to keep the water off your plant as it does not require misting, water droplets can magnify the light and burn the leaves. I would not mist your plant unless you are treating for insects or foliar feeding.

More good growth overnight. The NL seed wasn't splitting all the way apart so I did some seed surgery and helped it split apart. Thanks for the tip on not misting. I sprayed some insecticide outside the grow box due to bugs snuggling up against the warm grow box. Mostly earwigs and garden spiders. On their way to bug heaven.
WW-LED-Auto-10-17-13.jpg
NL-LED-Auto-10-17-13.jpg

You did the right thing with seed surgery, but sometimes the membrane still clings to the baby, and you may have to remove it. If the membrane is not removed, it could choke the baby baby, and kill it. If it's still there, just spray the sprout with water, and try to remove it very gently with some tweezers, being careful not to damage the seedling. In the future try to plant the seed a little deeper, so there's enough soil to help the baby shed the seed shell, I plant mine to the first knuckle on my finger.

Good to meet you. This my first MMJ indoor grow on the olypen. I did some outdoor stuff in SW OR but never indoor. Interesting stuff. Stay in touch.

The NL seedling is just barely hanging on. After removing the seed membrane it did try to spread it's new wings but it is still touch and go. Any more suggestions welcome. The WW is doing great. Tested the pH runoff at it measured 7.1. The runoff was a green shade growing some algie in the bottom of the runoff lid so I fertilized the plant with the same fertilizer. It has been several weeks anyway since the last fertilizer added and per package recommendations 3 teaspoons per every 3 weeks should be added to a 10 inch pot.
WW-LED-Auto-10-19-13.jpg
NL-LED-Auto-10-19-13.jpg

Little more leaf growth today. pH level of runoff was 6.7. The stem looks a bit thin to support the leaf canopy. There isn't any upward growth or stretching. Is this normal? Any comments/suggestions greatly appreciated. This is my first indoor grow and first with LED lighting.
WWLED-2-10-06-13.jpg
WWLED-1-10-06-13.jpg

With LED you will have very tight nodes not very much stretch at all
IMG_0512_640x480_.jpg
as you can see in the photo of my white widow grown under LED

Back
Top Bottom