Options on if I should chop

Phaaaze

So I'm currently starting week 8 of flower and I'm running 2x 1000w HPS setup over a 4x8! Space. The fuse on one of ballast went out. My question is should I just chop them now since I'm already starting week 8 or move the working light to the middle and let them finish the week then a few days of flushing.

Didn't feel pictures were necessary because I'm just looking for opinions on what others would do before I make my final decision.

Later I'll throw up some pictures of the trichomes up close when the lights come on but they're :
95% Cloudy
4% Clear
A touch of Amber.

I'd never advocate cutting early

But that's me

I’m with Chris on this one. If you’re not facing anything catastrophic that will make you lose your harvest, don’t chop early
I'd like to move the light to the middle because it's only covering half the 4x8 table but that would involve moving all the plants risking snapping and breaking. I'm gonna look for a cheap magnetic ballast to hold me over the last week or two. If not I'll just see how it goes as is!

Thanks for the input guys!

Is it not possible to just replace the fuse on the broken ballast?

also id compare the price of a cheap-o ballast to the price of a light mover for your space. You might get more use out of a light mover in the future instead of a crappy ballast you’ll end up replacing anyway.

I re
Is it not possible to just replace the fuse on the broken ballast?

also id compare the price of a cheap-o ballast to the price of a light mover for your space. You might get more use out of a light mover in the future instead of a crappy ballast you’ll end up replacing anyway.
I replaced the fuse with a 240v fuse twice and it blew both timea. so I think the ballast or I have to use a 120v or replace the whole ballast.

My next run I'm switching to LED's so I'm not looking to many any big investments yet because im redoing the whole room as soon as these are done drying

Try the 120v fuse then right?
What are you going to do with your HID gear when you’ve got all your LEDs set up?
I haven't been able to find any but I also haven't looked at anything other than what's in my house! My extra gear will be up up in storage for backup incase an issue like this happens again.

So I'm not gonna chop early I'm either gonna get the a new ballast or find a fuse before everything is closed for the holidays !

So I'm currently starting week 8 of flower and I'm running 2x 1000w HPS setup over a 4x8! Space. The fuse on one of ballast went out. My question is should I just chop them now since I'm already starting week 8 or move the working light to the middle and let them finish the week then a few days of flushing.

Didn't feel pictures were necessary because I'm just looking for opinions on what others would do before I make my final decision.

Later I'll throw up some pictures of the trichomes up close when the lights come on but they're :
95% Cloudy
4% Clear
A touch of Amber.
I know that you have figured out what you will be doing. If I was in a similar situation and had only a short time to go I would put the remaining light in the center while waiting the rest of the week. More than once I have run out of room in the flowering cabinet and will move one or two of the oldest plants to another area where they will be under a single light to finish off. Right now I have two Blue Dream clones waiting their turn for a Christmas Eve harvest.

What I am curious about is why you are waiting till the very end to do a few days of flushing. Most of the time it seems that the growers do a flush about 2 weeks before harvest.

I know that you have figured out what you will be doing. If I was in a similar situation and had only a short time to go I would put the remaining light in the center while waiting the rest of the week. More than once I have run out of room in the flowering cabinet and will move one or two of the oldest plants to another area where they will be under a single light to finish off. Right now I have two Blue Dream clones waiting their turn for a Christmas Eve harvest.

What I am curious about is why you are waiting till the very end to do a few days of flushing. Most of the time it seems that the growers do a flush about 2 weeks before harvest.
I did I brought the dinosaur out! But I only flush for 5-7 days because I'm in coco and I don't like the idea of going a full two weeks on only water, so at 2 weeks I start tapering down on the nutes until I am at only water and klearex.

Flushing is a myth... plants need nutrients all the way til the end.

It’s been proven.
Idk about everyone else but I can taste the difference in my own flower in flush vs non flush. It may be a myth but it's one that works for me!

Yo could always start 48 hours of darkness for a few then move the rest into the middle to finish up with the one light
I don't have the 48 hours to give them I have them finished and hung.so I can reset the room.

Attachments

• IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    515.1 KB · Views: 65
I did I brought the dinosaur out! But I only flush for 5-7 days because I'm in coco and I don't like the idea of going a full two weeks on only water, so at 2 weeks I start tapering down on the nutes until I am at only water and klearex.
In the time I spent lurking on this site and then signing up I have watched this discussion on flushing coco swing from one method to another as the research comes in.

The way to do it appears to be a variation on this method, at least as I understand it. Run the water through or flush 2 weeks before the expected cutting or harvest. Then resume the normal feeding schedule for the rest of the time. There is no hard and fast rule that it has to be exactly 2 weeks, a day or a week off and the flushing will work. No need to use Clearex which saves some work and money.

The whole idea is to clean the soil mix or soil-less mix of any salt build-up. This takes one day or however long it takes the grower to flush. Then back to using the nutrients till the harvest. It works because it takes a lot longer than two weeks to build the salts back up.

Back
Top Bottom