Outdoor Grow Journal 2018

Stellar grow! Glad you're recovering well!

45 gallons? o_O
Holy shit. That's 2 weeks worth of water for my entire grow you're using for one plant...

Had to make several repairs to a 350ft water line from animal damage.
I rigged up another barrel on the loader so I can now carry 165 gallons a rip. So today I did 660 gallons.

My Dr wanted me to do physical therapy for two weeks before I return to work because of how physical my job is..... I told him to suck my balls im doin just fine around the farm:oops:

Not sure what 3, 55 gallon drums of water weighs(?), but first hill I went down the back tires on my 65hp tractor came off the ground. And I could hear one of my bridges cracking. Lol

Hell of a show from the front porch this evening. Nasty storm blew thru, followed buy a beautiful sunset...

No wife and kids tonight, I haven’t puffed since Saturday, sooooooo i has to misbehave.
I took one little pull :bongrip: of my 2017 grow NYC Desiel.. Christ I’m baked as hell.
Just made a thermos of coffee and now I’m gonna go mow my field. Lol

Nice...NY Diesel is a great strain.

Nothing beats getting a good buzz on your homegrown!

Nothing new to update on the garden. One and half days of solid steady downpour finally broke this morning.

Been working on building soil for next yrs grow, but on a different level. I’ve gone jumped into vermicomposting. I’ve done some research, starting with what not to do VC’ing with worms. Been watching and learning from other growers on this forum.. I also recently got to tour an old friends worm casting farm facility, which was very helpful. This kid started out making castings on a small hobby farm, and now does it on a commercial level.

I made some preliminary designs for a continuous flow through system I would like to build next yr. I talked to other farmers and figured the continuous flow design would be the most economical, easiest to work with for my needs on my farm.
But for this year, I’ve constructed a simple worm bin. Want to learn some before I fabricate the frame for next years VC. May need to make changes.

Drove around the farm yesterday in the cover of my truck from the heavy rain, and found a few of these 500 gallon water totes in an overgrown hedgerow.... Figured i could make it work...

Cut it up and put a screen over the outlet to prevent compost material from clogging up the valve. Not sure if it will work. I’m thinking I should have doubled up on the screen. We shall see...

I’ve got several totes of veggies, fruits, table scrap, coffee grinds, newspaper, cardboard going to add tomorrow.
Thanks to a family member with connections, I can pretty much get all the produce I want for free at some of the nearest supermarket chains, just have to fill out the insurance paperwork.
Got a couple shipments of Red wigglers coming this week..
I’m also going to fill a couple of smaller 35 gal totes. I would like to keep a few totes going this winter in My basement so I have worms for next yrs plans... And of course to keep building soil;)

Back
Top Bottom