Marcelsaccoun

420 Member
I've read so many opposing things all over the damn internet! At this point im not sure what the hell is wrong to be honest, first time confusion ! Wondering if anyone can let me know whats wrong with this little baby, I'm thinking over watering but the pros out there might be able to let me know a little more! Thank you / Merci :)

96116539_194903514823299_4897237181094952960_n.jpg

It looks as though your assesment is correct to me...I'd let them go good and dry. Weed loves a good dry cycle! CHeers, gl! :yahoo:

yep shes swol. her roots want air. you can set up a fan close to the cup to help her out a bit.

Thank you ! Also neglected to leave a space under where the cups drain, they were sitting in the collected water at the bottom. Now they are raised and have a light breeze. Going to wait 2-3 days till I water them again. Will have to figure out what an appropriate amount is!

I can help with that. Welcome to the forum by the way, @Marcelsaccoun and I am glad that you found us.:welcome:

Hopefully in your searches for how to properly water, you found my article. It is definitely out there and referenced very strongly back to this forum, so now I invite you to read it. The link is below, in my signature lines.

Quick advice is that you absolutely must have holes in the bottoms of your containers so that excess water can drain away as runoff. When you water, you should water as if the soil were a sponge, and you are attempting to get it to hold as much water as it can possibly hold, and where even one more drop results in runoff out of the bottom. After you have properly watered, it is time to sit back and wait for the plant to use all of that water. Very little of it blows away in the wind, and although it is a good idea to have a fan in there with the plants, it is on them to use up that water. When you can lift up that container and not be able to discern ANY water weight at all, when she seems as dry as the Sahara Desert, and you are thinking that surely you are about to kill her, just as the lower leaves begin to droop a little bit due to lack of water.... this is the proper time to water a weed. A weed given an easy life does not grow as well as one faced with a little bit of adversity as it develops.

Good luck with your grow! :goodluck:

@Emilya @RedZedHead @Pbass Thanks for the help but seems the over watering has causes fungus gnat larvae o_O most likely bad expensive dirt sadly lol

Would you happen to know a good way to check if the one I posted pictures of yesterday has them or not? Not sure if digging down seems appropriate!

Also have a new bag of dirt but transplant as small seems risky af!

Here is a little update for you all! (@Emilya @RedZedHead @Pbass) As what I can see the main issue at the moment is PH being too low. Tap water is 8-9 but the water coming out is of the bttm of the cup us low 5's. Trying to figure a remedy atm but my dirt has limestone for ph balance could be my main issue. It is looking a little better then it did before though!
97979977_241833110244324_4563999404561793024_n.jpg
98206357_595042234449314_688130486114975744_n.jpg

Tad over watered since I needed to do a flush to figure out the ph output!

Here is a little update for you all! (@Emilya @RedZedHead @Pbass) As what I can see the main issue at the moment is PH being too low. Tap water is 8-9 but the water coming out is of the bttm of the cup us low 5's. Trying to figure a remedy atm but my dirt has limestone for ph balance could be my main issue. It is looking a little better then it did before though!
97979977_241833110244324_4563999404561793024_n.jpg
98206357_595042234449314_688130486114975744_n.jpg

Tad over watered since I needed to do a flush to figure out the ph output!
first of all, I'm honored to be tagged between a god and a goddess. :rofl:
Yes, those yellowing tips are definitely a ph imbalance. you can see how her leaves are all bunched up? that's a sign of overwatering. I never pay attention to the ph of the runoff. its usually messed around with by the plant due to byproducts of photosynthesis.
I know you just flushed, but try to let it dry out now. at least 3-5 days without water. The plant knows it's soaked right now and it will take a while for that water to evap or get used. once the cup is dry and light, it's likely that the root ball is still wet. Then you can water/ feed again.

Sorry @Marcelsaccoun but I totally disagree with your assessment. First of all, the only reason that pH is even important is if we are using EDTA chelated nutrients that need to be in a certain range in order to break apart. Soil doesn't require a pH, nor do your plants, that is as long as you are in the normal ranges where life can exist, and you are. Unless you are using nutes that require a certain pH range, there is usually no need to adjust pH.

The second reason for my disagreement is that even if we were dealing with having to be in a pH range for nitrogen you were applying, which is really the only nutrient of any importance at this time, its range to be mobile and available to the plant is so wide that this can not be the issue, again, if you are within the normal limits of pH where life can exist, you know, not too acid that you are burning up or too base that you burn up in the other direction. I am sorry... but your problem at this point is not pH and on top of all that, the pH of your runoff has absolutely nothing to do with anything in a soil grow... you might be confusing the useful readings of runoff out of an inert medium like coco. You are overthinking this my friend... just water at the correct pH and all will be fine in that regard. There is NO NEED to adjust your soil.

Your problem, although I know it is hard to admit to yourself, is you. You are watering too often. You are killing your plant with kindness. As several of us have advised, you should not water your plants for several days... until you can lift up your container and not feel any water weight at all. I know it will seem to you like you are killing your plant by doing this, but the opposite is true... you are killing your plants by keeping the soil wet in the bottom of your container. If those roots don't get to breathe soon, your plants will die.

I'd gently pop those suckers out of there, gently let what wet soil falls off the roots fall off and gingerly re-pot them in dry soil. Like a clean, dry diaper, works like a charm!

June 4th Update!

Have learned a lot from this little plant, with the abuse I've given it I do hope it survives in the long run! I have new seeds but I shall keep this one going and figure out what mistakes I will do and the ones I don't even know yet!

Picture 1 - Plant as of June 4th
Picture 2 - New Tent!!
Picture 3 - New Light (Mars Hydro ts600)

1591314074341.png
1591314151645.png
1591314241842.png

Yes, did the transplant and went without water for 7 days. It was just watered this morning and usually water it on the 3rd or 4th day when the cup feels light.
This appears to highlight the mistake that is being made. After the transplant, the plant was able to go 7 days. Even knowing that the wet/dry cycle was that long, you have decided to think for the plant and water instead well before all the water has been used up, in 3 or 4 days, instead of the 5-7 days it probably would take the plant to use that much water. You are watering when it feels light... but I think if you really was critical about it, it might be light compared to a recently watered plant, but there would be still water weight in there as compared to a similar container of dry soil. I can clearly see in your leaves that you are still watering too often and are still drowning your roots, even now in the larger container. You absolutely must change the way you are approaching this watering thing.

Oh man did you see the second set of pictures you posted Marcelsaccoun? We almost needed to bust out the paddles and give that little kid a jolt! Besides possibly being a bit nervous and hesitant about letting her go extra dry (it is so counter intuitive!), the new growth you've achieved shows you are obviously heading in the right direction. It's that extra little distance to really dry that we are afraid of!

I had a real life application of that today, I work for a mom and pop tower based internet company, we had a tower get hit by lightning...well I have climbed a few times before but only to devices located within easy proximity and long ago when I had way less sense, but we really needed the repair so I gave it a shot today and climbed 400' up...and found it quite impossible to climb 6 feet over to the left once I got there. Anyone know any tower climbers in MI? :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom