Photos' Strain Creation Journey - You Get To Choose

which male do we use to pollinate the elite Malawi gold Female for our first cross

• Misty

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Bubbas Gift

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • platinum huckleberry cookies pheno 1

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • platinum huckleberry cookies pheno 2

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Mutant platinum huckleberry cookies

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Update tonight I collected up pollen in bags, transferred to test tube's washing hands between each different male lol, sprayed those test tube's down when finished (and sealed ) and then I became the pollen fairy hahaha.

Very carefully I pollenated our girl, it begins!

Thanks everyone for being in this together and for the way we are all making these decisions arguement free like sensible adults (how do we do it! ) hahaha.

IMAG004729.jpg
IMAG006433.jpg
IMAG006737.jpg
Collection

It's that simple!

Now we wait and I update! 4 weeks time we're all parents, going to have to arrange a celebration smokeathon thread for the seeds bday for sure, shiggs would you be our host again ?

Peace and Trichromes people love you all, yes ,all!

It's that simple!

Now we wait and I update! 4 weeks time we're all parents, going to have to arrange a celebration smokeathon thread for the seeds bday for sure, shiggs would you be our host again ?

Peace and Trichromes people love you all, yes ,all!
It's that simple. Way to go bud. Happy to be expecting.
A+ Job

Phrum the light room.

Hey Photos, while you are on the education stage.....let's read about your pollen collection and storage process. Hmmmmm?

:circle-of-love:
Too easy, I simply wait till the males are opening up then put tops in a bag and flick and shake,this breaks off all the pollen sacks and you get a bag with pollen and flowers in it
IMAG004729.jpg

IMAG006737.jpg

If working with more than 1 male you need to wash and dry hands inbetween collection so as not to mix the pollen's together so you know what's what, next I label lids.

Now I seal up the test tube's and misty them down ( for any stray pollen )

Don't get any moisture in your pollen though)

Now it's pollination time.

I segregate the chosen female from all the other flowering females.

I apply pollen carefully to the white pistals from my fresh pollen test tube then tag the branch with fatherand date.

Now I leave the plant segregated and about 3 hours later I mist her down with pure rainwater ,I
Shower change clothes then put her back into the flower room

P.S.. sorry no pics of actuall paint brush touching pistals pollinating, I only have 2 hands one holding the test tube the other carefully dipping the small brush into the test tube and carefully painting the pollen on to those fresh white pistals

The remainder of the pollen can be bagged mixed 70/30 with plain flour, double bagged then stored in your freezer.

Easy as pie, just need to be careful and not forget the small things like washing your hands, changing clothes, showering you know just go ocd!

Back
Top Bottom