Phyto's Phantastic Phebruary Phun With Photos

Bud rot shouldn't be a problem at 45% RH. My problem at this stage is usually harvesting too soon due to anxious scissor fingers. :nerd-with-glasses:
It’s my own fault, I mentioned bud rot and guess what I found today, bud rot! Luckily one small patch, on one plant. I removed the entire cola removed the rot and tissue around it, then got out the loop/scope and could find no more evidence. So that bud is drying. I’m a little nervous, because I’m gonna be gone for a week, just crossing my fingers.

Yep, running an exhaust fan 24/7, and while the lights are on, every other half hour and additional intake and exhaust fan come on. There’s also a 9” oscillating fan, that I just turned up to medium todays! I will say that the bud I question was large and tight as a baseball, so that may be a factor.

So, I cleaned up the bud with rot, actually a pretty small patch. Scoped what's lepht and it's clean.

IMG_0536.jpg

Do you have a exhaust fan running while the lights are out? Without one humidity gets really high.
I owe you!!! My lights go oph at 4 pm (because power gets expensive from 4-9pm), and back on at 0400 AM, so I rarely go into the garage after shutoff, but yesterday I had to get something out of the garage around 6 PM, when I went in I heard SILENCE, checked my phan timer and it wasn't comming on at night, which could explain the humidity/rot. So it's been reset to run all night, and this morning my humdity was down to 40%.

Going to be gone phor a week or so, but someone will be around to watch the girls. Checked the trichs this AM and phound mostly milky with just a touch of amber on some of the sugar leaphes. I think it will be harvest time when I get back, on at least most of them. Hopephully the changes will prevent any more problems.

It's been about 10 weeks since the flip. I got back phrom being out oph town for 10 days, just had someone water a couple times while I was gone, other than that they girls were on autopilot. Was really aphraid that I'd come home to phind bud rot, but there was no additional rot phound other than one small portion of a bud I phound about 2 weeks ago. The light bleaching continues, tried a little epsom salt phor added magnesium, we'll see if it helps. I tried a little extra N, but that didn't seem to do much, other than contribute to a little phoxtailing. I yanked one of the volunteer northern lights that was in the open air greenhouse, and I have a Gorilla Peyote in the tent that's showing about 10-15% amber, so it will get the habeus yankus later today!
Some trich pics, I apologise for the quality, my cheap phone lens has no depth of field:
IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0544.jpg

Buds:
IMG_0564.jpg

Overview
IMG_0567 (1).jpg

This grow went pretty darn well, I'm pretty happy with the new nutes I used (Bud Doublin). Still dialing the the HLG light, it's very strong and I get some light bleaching, but nothing too excessive. So I pulled 2 plants, one was a volunteer auto Northern Lights. I've probably grown several hundred plants in my liphetime, and this one had the strangest buds I've ever seen, like a string of pearls or a total foxtail, no bud structure, just caylxes along very long stems (18"). I would oph gone blind trying to trim it, so I just grabbed the stem at the bottom and stripped off the caylxes. It was kinda barbaric, but it worked well. I ended up with about 5 1/2 oz oph that plant (and about a gram of "finger hash". The smell is incredible and it went into the jars at a perfect 62% humidity. The other plant was a gorilla peyote, it was one oph the smaller plants and yielded about 6.5 oz, but it's still a little damp, so I think I'll get about 4-5 oz.
The goofy Northern Lights:
IMG_0590.jpg
IMG_0588.jpg

Still have several more plants to go, they're ripening slowly, and I'll probably pull another tomorrow, its nice that they're finishing at dipherent times, I hate having to trim a bunch all at once to keep them at the right humidity, it's like being in "Trim Jail."

I moved the other Northern Lights auto outdoors into the greenhouse, I saw some nanners, so it'll be a bubble hash plant. I chopped the blueberry headband (never got blue or purple). The tent is looking a little empty:
IMG_0607.jpg

Here's the BB Headband I chopped:
IMG_0606 (1).jpg

Some others, that are looking real nice:
IMG_0604.jpg

I thought I saw nanners on this one, but a closer exam showed multiple stigmas from the same caylx! This one is Phoxtailing a bit, but is real close:
IMG_0603.jpg

The babies are starting the home stretch, got phour left in the tent, and one is very close. Here's a few "Glamour Shots"

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

You'll notice a "nanner" and a pistil growing out of the same caylx on the right side, not too concerned considering they are just about phinished! Possible another nanner about mid bud, but again, there's only days lepht.
IMG_0612.jpg

It's starting to look real empty in the tent, I harvested the blueberry headband, and today I pulled "Little Phoenix" and her "replacement", little phoenix ended up being the bigger of the two sunset sherberts! So, I'm down to two plants , just "Screwy Louie (amnesia)" and the Girl Scout Cookie. Pretty sure everything will be done within a week or so, maybe sooner, heat wave coming in a couple days.

Edit: I was able to smoke some of the Blueberry Headband and the Gorilla Peyote, WOW! Nice taste, smooth, and very stony, even the wiphe was impressed, and that's not easy to do (she's very particular about taste/smell/harshness!). It'll be about 10 days, at least, before I can try the Sunset Sherbert. After the last ones are pulled I'll do a "lessons learned"!

What's lepht (Amnesia) :
IMG_0613.jpg

GSC:
IMG_0614.jpg

Back
Top Bottom