Piña's 2020 Diary 3rd Journal

Happy Sunday all,
I am pleased to announce I still have a happy garden.

P1010260.JPG

The abused Auto Lavender at the back has really stretched over the last 7 days and is starting to flower. She picked up the lean from the lights in the tent on the nightshift. They're very high in the tent, and running at low power so she's probably been seeking out the best spot of light. The lights are running like that to keep it as cool as possible.

On the left is Mystery Girl II, happy and healthy. She is a leaf down, but that was due to my mishandling. I was mulling over @FelipeBlu comment, "what do you have planned for her next" and split her whilst holding her open to have a look. I'm really not sure about topping an Auto, but I'm considering it.

Ditching the peat plugs appears to be a game changer for me. It seems to have stopped all the issues I was having with nute burn and early feeding. I have been feeding both these seedlings with nute amounts that were causing problems in the peat plugs, with no issues. If this really is sorted, I do need to get a plan together for some sort of training.

On the right is the Lemon Haze Auto Day 3

P1010269.JPG

Indeed she does sound tasty, thankyou @nickeluring . She got off to a great start, and I'm quietly confident she'll continue that way. Until I find a new way to screw up. :)

@Stunger I'm really looking forward to trying the STB, it's a high CBD strain, so hoping it'll make a good day time vape. First CBD one I've tried, but I have more to try in the future.

That's all I got for now, cheers for stopping by

Stay safe and well

There’s a technique (I forget what it’s called) where you spread out the apical leaves with your fingers to expose the innermost growth (I sometimes just blow into it to open it up). I believe it’s supposed to encourage tighter internodes by stimulating faster growth of the next node.

Instead of topping this time, you could try just bending her over. :hippy:

I'm glad to see you have happy girls in your garden.

Regarding topping an auto, here's my philosophy regarding that;
If your auto hasn't started flower yet and it has grown big enough that you can fit a narrow trimmer and chop it off above the 4th node without damaging the new shoots, then go ahead and top it. I have never had any negative consequences when doing it this way, it has only made the plants fatter.

Back
Top Bottom