Please help!

StacyDu

Hello everyone, this is my second time growing with soil indoors. My Gorilla Candy plants seem to be having a few things going on..., first there are random fan leaves turning yellow, and then 25% of the leaf tips are starting to curl down and some turning yellow/brown, and then some of the healthier darker green leaves are starting to fold upwards. They’re about 3.5 to 4 weeks into flowering. I’ve been feeding them almost the whole line of advanced nutrients once a week and Straight water in between but with very little runoff if any. I’m using 3 led lights, 1,000 watt at 2’ from canopy and 2-600 watt ones at 1.5 feet from canopy. The humidity is always around 40-50% and the temp is 75-78 lights on and 68-73 lights off. And I have 1 small fan at the top of the tent blowing the heat away from the canopy’s and a tower fan about 10 feet away barely making a breeze on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 9559CFCF-B2D1-4D39-8898-DD46C4E25B8F.jpeg
    9559CFCF-B2D1-4D39-8898-DD46C4E25B8F.jpeg
    800.4 KB · Views: 111
  • A4573C41-ADCF-45CD-A82F-53C28D60AD7F.jpeg
    A4573C41-ADCF-45CD-A82F-53C28D60AD7F.jpeg
    632.6 KB · Views: 113
  • FFB39CE6-70EB-488B-832E-E0ADF3649F2B.jpeg
    FFB39CE6-70EB-488B-832E-E0ADF3649F2B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 114
  • B9C8202B-DFD5-4D2D-8859-427443888769.jpeg
    B9C8202B-DFD5-4D2D-8859-427443888769.jpeg
    712 KB · Views: 102
  • C4928FAA-EF80-4A93-8344-DEDC12C8B348.jpeg
    C4928FAA-EF80-4A93-8344-DEDC12C8B348.jpeg
    981.7 KB · Views: 112
  • C0CD12DF-F11F-44EC-AA90-EB502F8D673E.jpeg
    C0CD12DF-F11F-44EC-AA90-EB502F8D673E.jpeg
    727.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 87B275CC-F3CE-420E-BB2B-DB7163F66520.jpeg
    87B275CC-F3CE-420E-BB2B-DB7163F66520.jpeg
    641.1 KB · Views: 115
  • B2878E4D-6BF8-4E86-B31D-7593F93642DD.jpeg
    B2878E4D-6BF8-4E86-B31D-7593F93642DD.jpeg
    743.5 KB · Views: 113
Your leaves should be starting to yellow from the bottom up & maybe a couple here & there in other spots. That's normal in flower. The Buds are sucking up the "N" from the leaves to put it simply. You can give it a little more Grow Nutrient if it's yellowing too fast to increase your nitrogen a little. But things don't look that bad to me. You're about 1/2 way through flower. In 2 - 3 weeks 1/2 the leaves on the plant will be yellowing.

Don’t the yellowing tips basically say nute burn though?, it worries me a bit that they’re also curling at the tips as well as the very tips turning yellow/brown. The nutrient ppm is about 950-1,000. And (happy frog) soil ph of 7, water ph of about 7.5

PH is off.
And (happy frog) soil ph of 7, water ph of about 7.5
Happy frog and ocean forest are pHed between 6.3- 6.8. Your input water is also a bit high. Shoot for 6.3-6.5.

Adjust this and I bet you see improvement.

Looks fine to me, maybe give it a 'veg' feed, if you've only been giving 'bloom' feed.
The advanced nutrients line...., the base nutrients are called g
PH is off.

Happy frog and ocean forest are pHed between 6.3- 6.8. Your input water is also a bit high. Shoot for 6.3-6.5.

Adjust this and I bet you see improvement.
Ok, will do. Do you recommend using Ph Up formula or is there a better method?

You would want to lower it with an acid of some kind. Vinegar, phosphoric etc.

:welcome: to :420: Stacy
Hello everyone, this is my second time growing with soil indoors. My Gorilla Candy plants seem to be having a few things going on..., first there are random fan leaves turning yellow, and then 25% of the leaf tips are starting to curl down and some turning yellow/brown, and then some of the healthier darker green leaves are starting to fold upwards. They’re about 3.5 to 4 weeks into flowering. I’ve been feeding them almost the whole line of advanced nutrients once a week and Straight water in between but with very little runoff if any. I’m using 3 led lights, 1,000 watt at 2’ from canopy and 2-600 watt ones at 1.5 feet from canopy. The humidity is always around 40-50% and the temp is 75-78 lights on and 68-73 lights off. And I have 1 small fan at the top of the tent blowing the heat away from the canopy’s and a tower fan about 10 feet away barely making a breeze on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There's part of your problem Stacy :hmmmm: you have to let it "run off" otherwise all the old built up nutrients can mess with your PH, not to mention your roots won't be as strong :thumb:

Looks fine to me, maybe give it a 'veg' feed, if you've only been giving 'bloom' feed.
Sorry, I’m new and don’t know how to edit yet lol. Anyways as I was saying the main nutrients are called Grow, Micro, and Bloom..., which I’ve been using through this grow. But the directions on all of those bottles say to use them all weeks of the plants life cycle and I’m also using Sensizym, Nirvana, Bud Candy, Big Bud, Kushie Kush and Bud Factor X (as a foliar spray)

:welcome: to :420: Stacy

There's part of your problem Stacy :hmmmm: you have to let it "run off" otherwise all the old built up nutrients can mess with your PH, not to mention your roots won't be as strong :thumb:
Ok thanks for the advice, my first grow I had lots of run off but I felt as if I wasn’t watering as much (like once a week, a couple of time’s twice!) the soil stayed wet for a while.

What's the PH of the water coming out of your tap? Mine is a steady 7. I use Fox Farms also, but I also use the nutrients from fox farms, and I haven't adjusted my PH since :hmmmm: I can't tell you when...Fox Farms is formulated to take care of itself, or so I've seen for myself...This is a White Widow 3 weeks into flower, and all I used was FFOF and the trio nutrient line, Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom...No PHing of anything, cuz my PH pen is somewhere gathering dust
And you can run through the rest of my "media" pics by mousing over my name and clicking "media" ....I PH NOTHING :thumb:

Ok thanks for the advice, my first grow I had lots of run off but I felt as if I wasn’t watering as much (like once a week, a couple of time’s twice!) the soil stayed wet for a while.
It will until the roots grow into the pot, but wait for the pots to feel empty, I actually use my leaves like a gas gauge, if the "whole leaf" is drooping I pick up the pot, if it's light I water/feed :peace::popcorn:

What's the PH of the water coming out of your tap? Mine is a steady 7. I use Fox Farms also, but I also use the nutrients from fox farms, and I haven't adjusted my PH since :hmmmm: I can't tell you when...Fox Farms is formulated to take care of itself, or so I've seen for myself...This is a White Widow 3 weeks into flower, and all I used was FFOF and the trio nutrient line, Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom...No PHing of anything, cuz my PH pen is somewhere gathering dust
And you can run through the rest of my "media" pics by mousing over my name and clicking "media" ....I PH NOTHING :thumb:
The PH of my tap water is 7.3
I mix half tap and half RO but I’m pretty sure the RO has to be the problem then. I haven’t tested the water sources each separately, just when they’re mixed or before I feed them. I’m going to test the ph in the RO water, I just recalibrated my ph meter the other day so it should be accurate. If the ph in the RO water is too high then I should look into getting it elsewhere!

Nice looking plants! I might try the fox farm line next grow!

Back
Top Bottom