Pooh's CFL Grow - First Grow! Soil - Bag Seed - Welcome Friends!

think bro from the bottom of that box cutter to the top of the cola is probably like 4 grams dried
thats awesome!
lol :D

Hey Pooh,

Like your latest pics!

If you're thinking of soil, make sure you get some good stuff. It doesn't cost that much. Definitely do NOT reuse any old soil. Besides it being depleted and compacted, there is a chance of transferring disease or pests.

The soil I use, I get from a master grower friend of mine, so I can't tell you exactly what it's called. It's got vermiculite and peat moss in it. You want something that can hold moisture, but that doesn't get too compacted. It doesn't have any nutrients, so you don't have to worry about creating a nutrient imbalance.

If the soil allows the roots to grow easily and for oxygen to enter, you should be fine. Otherwise, you are inhibiting your plants from reaching their full potential.

Glad to hear you switched from D Major Seventh to plain old D Major! I'm sure your plants grew at least an inch after your jammin'! I read about a vintner who placed speakers in his vineyard and played classical music for his grapes! He said the grapes grew faster and the crop was better than the grapes without the benefit of music.

Classical Music --> Grapes --> Wine

Rock Guitar ---> Marijuana --> Bliss

yeah i play guitar for my plant alot but i wouldnt call it rock bro its more fingerstyle i love it :D

long ass day man
got a q oz tho so thats cool

went to walmart spent 40 bucks and all i came home with was an ext cord, two dome camp reflecters, and 3 CFLs.

but the reflectors are well needed. and now my clone is getting much more light, and the main stalk of the momma is geting more light.

probably could do a better job. but fuck man im tired ready to smoke out and watch tv or something.

love sensi.

:peace:

I hear ya Pooh, its usually that way with me too when I go shopping for the girls. Making plans of walking out with a lot but end up with so little. Unless you got the money to go all out. I really wish I could, our ladies deserve it....So kick back and relax...

yeah even walkin out with so little i still feel like itll make an impact and they only got about 5 minutes of air time yesterday but the new additions will be put to work here in the next hour or so when the lights kick back on.

i could have spent more if i didnt get this quarter but honestly the way they moved everything out of the garden shop for christmas and moved the hardware section around for christmas i couldnt find anything hardly, it took half an hour to find these reflectors.
but i found them finally after walking around on the phone with my cousin talkin about how im gonna yell bomb threat and strap these red candles to my chest. lol of course im not stupid enough to do that but it was a fun conversation i guess hahaha

time for breakfast and wake n bake

idk bout yall but im ready for some pics!
random fact,
i love taking pics and posting them on here cause they blow up those little buds for my eyes to see in detail :peace:

theres a total of 7 CFLs in there now, 2 are in reflectors.

2011-12-07_06-20-40_144.jpg

2011-12-07_06-21-05_256.jpg

2011-12-07_06-21-14_792.jpg

2011-12-07_06-22-38_784.jpg

2011-12-07_06-22-49_277.jpg

2011-12-07_06-23-06_331.jpg

2011-12-07_06-23-35_233.jpg

2011-12-07_06-23-56_841.jpg

i think my set up is coming together nicely, but will be complete when i get my HPS

excitement!

spent all that money yesterday and still came up 1 CFL short. the part at the top of the plant that looks dark is where a daylight CFL is, i need one more warm CFL

Plants looking good Pooh...LST is coming along nicely...my LST is really making the stems thick..those reflectors you bought...i think the way the bulb is mounted..you are increasing heat more than light since more light comes from the side of the bulb...my MH is mounted like that..with a dome reflector...I think i have a solution for that...if it works i will post a DIY and send you the link...good growing..:goodjob:

thanks bro and yeah i thought that too but if you think about it, my reflectors are huge compared to the cfl, the sides of the cfl are putting light out and the reflector is directing that light down and out, and it shows really bright on the plant so i believe its doing its job but i do want to get some Y sockets so i can put two CFLs in one reflecter and the Y will make the sides of the lamps show more
i feel like they are really helping, where i put the reflector on the stalk, those buds are already noticably happier and bigger :)

but those reflectors will me my veg reflectors soon, cause when i get that HPS light ill be set up to take those two reflectors out (ill just leave the rest of the CFLs in for side lighting, cant hurt) and then ill set up a veg room for these seeds i get from my brother or if hes already vegging now ill have clones soon :D :peace:

thanks buddy

got the bloom boost from bpn
fed 0.3 ml per liter

gave it about a liter and a half of water.

gave the clone 0.2 ml per liter, only gave it about a liter of water.

hopefully i didnt spring these nutes on my plants too fast i dont want a bunch of nute burn lol

got the bloom boost from bpn
fed 0.3 ml per liter

gave it about a liter and a half of water.

gave the clone 0.2 ml per liter, only gave it about a liter of water.

hopefully i didnt spring these nutes on my plants too fast i dont want a bunch of nute burn lol

i hope you gave them 1/4 strength...if not you might be ok...if you start having problems... flush...i don't think i'll nute my plants until i go on 12/12...haven't watered in 10 days...using MG soil...its suppose to feed plants for 6 months...we will see...

im sure my soil is still feeding but its not special or nothing so this bloom booster should definitely help and i gave it what i thought was ok like the full strength is 0.5 ml i think, and so i went down to 0.3 and for the clone 0.2

nice to see you stop in buddy!

yeah i didnt make it home in time to see her at the end of her first day with new nutes, i hope i dont wake up to a burnt plant. im nervous lol :peace:
got taco bell and a new pipe awesome. :D

Hey, Pooh,

Glad you got your reflectors. I have one of those globe reflectors and they work great. A valance type of reflector would be good to use to cover a larger area and get better use out of your bulbs.

You're a pretty handy guy (you make guitars, right?). I saw this article about how to build a reflector for your plants. Basically, you buy some metal air duct piping (you know, the kind used to channel warm air from a furnace.) You buy a length of it, about 2 - 3 feet long. Then you get a pair of wire snips and cut it down its length and unroll it. Voila, you have a great reflecting surface. If you drill some holes in it, you can mount your light sockets. There was also a bit about reinforcing the ends of the reflector to give it a bit more strength and to help it keep its shape.

Just an idea.

yeah someone shared a DIY video with me in this journal not too long ago, i just dont have the money to go settin that up plus i think i got things going pretty good till i get my HPS.

thanks for the tip tho bro!

lights are on but i just woke up so i dont know if my eyes will like being in the garden right now.
im gonna wake up a bit and grab something to eat and smoke a bowl and then ill check on everything.
hoping to see improvement, not like bigger buds, not in a day anyway lol but i just hope not to see burnt leaves.

if its 0.5 ml per liter, what should i measure out for a gallon? I would rather prepare a gallon of water with the bloom boost and an acidic liquid to lower the ph like i have been doing, and i leave the top off of the water cause its tap water so letting it sit just seems like its better for my plant. so if anyone could suggest about how much i should put in a gallon if its 0.5 ml / liter.
that way ill be set for 2 waterings. but with soil you use bpn every other watering so ill be set for 2 feedings, and then ill have another container for just water. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom