Powder vs. Liquid nutes application

Northern Hydro

Ok , so this demonstrates my inexperience ..

. I usually end up ordering whatever ya’ll are talking about so I have choices on hand .
yesterday I added bunch of powdered nutes I thought my plant might want to a gallon of water , ( x2) , I checked the PH to make sure it was perfect without using a buffer , dissolved it in the milk jug and then watered my plant .
now ,
I learn powdered nutes are suppose to be put on top of the soil and then just plain water applied ?
Seems to me like this would create hot spots .
yes I’m dumb , wake and bake SUNDAY FUNDAY

can someone please clarify this for me ?
I would ask in the growers forum but I don’t have privileges thanks in advance TIA !
:ganjamon::green_heart::Namaste:

What is the brand?

mc, sweet candy , pk booster,and Dakine Cali mag was yesterday’s line up .

To date I’ve pretty much stuck with a slurry of hydro/soil liquid nutes with good results ...but I did a massive face palm reading journals yesterday to learn the top dress thing ... I’m scared to check my plant today haha

Some nutrients are soluble, others are meant to be broken down in the pot. It should be fairly clear reading the container.
The soluble ones (hydro nutes) are often sold premixed with water, with fancy labels on them. But not always. Mega crop is a powdered soluble nutrient, for example.

Off to check the plant now ...egads ..wish me luck!
Thanks for the input

I get confused sometimes and read OFTEN in various threads to disregard manufactures instructions , feed at 1/4 dose, etc. Etc. So I try to listen to the plants and respond to needs vs. A schedule .. live And learn .

thanks again ! :Namaste::thumb::thanks:

I get confused sometimes and read OFTEN in various threads to disregard manufactures instructions , feed at 1/4 dose, etc. Etc. So I try to listen to the plants and respond to needs vs. A schedule .. live And learn .

Manufacturers want you to buy their product so they not going to steer you wrong as if their directions cause issues you won't buy it again ;) :rofl: yes sometimes they want you to use more of it than it needs as you buy more, so in that aspect you can start with lighter dose than they recommend and work up from there.

Back
Top Bottom