ProMix All Purpose Mix & ProMix HP

Felix the Dog

Are these now the same product? I am trying to see if there is a difference between the two, but I can't find HP on the ProMix site so I can't see the ingredients. If anyone here can enlighten me, please do.
Thanks.

The ProMix Hp has perlite and mycoryza which is very good for the root development. here is a pic of a seed that germinated and dropped in to promix Hp

• SPHAGNUM PEAT MOSS (65-75%) ? Canadian Sphagnum peat moss is a natural, organic matter that comes from a peat bog. ...
  • PERLITE ? Perlite is an alumino-silicate ore of volcanic origin. ...
  • LIMESTONE ? Used to adjust pH to optimum range. ...
  • WETTING AGENT ? ...
  • MYCORRHIZAE - PTB297 TECHNOLOGY ?

Attachments

• 2020-08-12 07.49.10.jpg
    2020-08-12 07.49.10.jpg
    661.6 KB · Views: 82
Thank you.

Their All Purpose mix contains:

• Canadian sphagnum peat moss
  • Peat humus
  • Perlite
  • Limestone
  • Controlled release fertilizer
  • Mycorrhizae - PTB297 Technology
yes, the all purpose has that plus more. The only thing i can add is to watch out with the controlled fertilizer that the soil has. I havn't tried it so i can't say how far it can take the plant or what it would do to seedling stage. However, to be safe maybe mix it with brak wood or something just to brake it more down for the starting stages.

I use both but lately it’s been the All Purpose line I’ve been using for my grows. Seem to be working well for me so far with my grows, but I tend to be watering more often in 2 days intervals with the occasional time pushing it 3 days. Heres a pic of of my tent grow 3.5 weeks into flowering using the all purpose mix

DDEB2F80-A9A9-4FCE-98D7-AF8914C86A00.jpeg

nice work mate. How did they do in seedling stage growing in all purpose?
was it straight all purpose or did you had something else mixed for that stage?

nice work mate. How did they do in seedling stage growing in all purpose?
was it straight all purpose or did you had something else mixed for that stage?

They all start in their final 7G bags with the all purpose mix. This grow I did add a bit of the Pro Mix HP soil in There as well. This grow was a little odd in comparison to the grows beforehand. Some were slow to start but my Blue Dream and Do-Si-Dos (Canuk Seeds for both) thrived from the get go. Both sprouted in 48 hours and the others a day or two later. Seedlings were slow to start but by week 3 or 4 of my grow, they all were growing/looking happy happy happy

Seem to be working well for me so far with my grows, but I tend to be watering more often in 2 days intervals with the occasional time pushing it 3 days.

What were you using before?

Watering every 2 or 3 days outside would be difficult. Perhaps adding some vermiculite would allow it to go longer between waterings.

HP has added Perlite and no humus. All-purpose has humus and less perlite.
I use the all-purpose because I can't get bales of HP here. When I first started using it I would add extra perlite to emulate the HP but now I just use the straight all-purpose.
The stuff on the US has mild enough starting nutes in it that I feed from sprout without problem.
The Canadian mix has different starter nutes in it than the US one does.
All-purpose grows beautiful plants as is and is cheap and accessible to most people.

yes, the all purpose has that plus more. The only thing i can add is to watch out with the controlled fertilizer that the soil has. I havn't tried it so i can't say how far it can take the plant or what it would do to seedling stage. However, to be safe maybe mix it with brak wood or something just to brake it more down for the starting stages.
I have some experience with pro mix and young plants.
Back in the day, I was a clone farmer.
Used to sling babies up and down I5 from Sacramento to Mt. Shasta. At the peak of season I was shipping 1000+ clones a week.
When I got roots, I used ProMix exclusively for the young-uns. They loved it. I rarely had to use any ferts until they went to market - maybe a sprits of sea kelp to green em up for the delivery trip, but overall, they loved it.

Just my $0.02

i like to know what i am dropping into my soil, so i don't want my soil to have any sort of fertilizer or anything.
The mycoryza in PM-hp is the only thing i want to help boost the roots. I also don't use any nutri or ferti for the begging stages all the way to 1st day of Veg.

Back
Top Bottom