Punk Rock Grow #2 - C99

PunkRockGirl

Hi all...we've been in our new place for two months now and were finally able to start a new grow. We ordered all feminized seeds this time, from Attitude. Besides the C99 seeds, they also gave us a Deep Cheese and a Critical Cheese.

We're starting this grow with 5 C99 and the Critical Cheese. We germinated them on July 13 and all have come up except for the Cheese, which PuunkRockGuy found sitting on top of the soil this morning. He thinks it popped out when he watered it. It's been replanted...we hope it didn't dry out and die.

Anyway, our new place has several closets and a laundry closet. As we have no washer and dryer, this is the best place to grow. We have lined the whole thing with aluminum foil, and have taped up long strips of black contractor's trash bags to keep light from showing through the cracks. Also, I accidentally found us a house that has one of those big old vents in the ceiling, the kind that's supposed to cool off the house by sucking air through it. So yay! Now we just need to keep anyone from ever coming over lol.

We chose C99 for its short grow time and I'm amazed at it so far. This is the third day since germination and they already have leaves! :D

So, pics...first, our new set up...it's kind of cluttered right now...and we are going to put up more lights as things progress.

It looks like some of these uploaded sideways...no idea why...they're not sideways on my laptop...I don't know how to fix it here, sorry.

IMG_41973.JPG

IMG_41982.JPG

IMG_41991.JPG

IMG_42001.JPG

IMG_42013.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG

Big ass vent right outside the door:

IMG_42031.JPG

Annnnd the sprouts...

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_42052.JPG

IMG_42061.JPG

IMG_42073.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

Ok, we've hit a snag already... :(

The day after my initial post we got up to discover that one of them had wilted and fallen over...subsequently the rest of them have. Not sure why, we think maybe they were too close to the lights? We sprayed them good with water, unplugged the CFLs for now and installed a couple more fluorescents, which are what we used for the sprouts on our first grow. No improvement yet. I have pics of our rearrangement and of the plants themselves. Are they a total loss?

IMG_42152.JPG

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_42143.JPG

IMG_42132.JPG

IMG_42121.JPG

IMG_42114.JPG

IMG_42104.JPG

Yeah, lesson learned there. We had to trash those, they didn't make it. :(

So, we planted the others, including the Deep Cheese. Also, we managed to salvage the Critical Cheese and got it to sprout. All plants are two days old.

The Critical Cheese:

IMG_4219.JPG

The others, I'm not sure which one is the Deep Cheese:

IMG_4220.JPG

IMG_4221.JPG

IMG_4223.JPG

This one is a double...:D

IMG_42242.JPG

And the lights we have over them now:

IMG_42251.JPG

Hate that we lost 5, but hopefully these will make it.

Edit: We have a fan in the hallway blowing in for circulation.

I would separate the two plants growing in one pot carefully by loosening the soil with a toothpick and tweezers, growing 2 in one pot is asking for trouble. with growing 2 plants in one pot each gets half the amount of room for roots, nutrients and light, one will become dominant and overshadow the other.

I would separate the two plants growing in one pot carefully by loosening the soil with a toothpick and tweezers, growing 2 in one pot is asking for trouble. with growing 2 plants in one pot each gets half the amount of room for roots, nutrients and light, one will become dominant and overshadow the other.

Yup, you should only ever plant one seed per pot. Even if you have many extras. If it doesn't come up, w/e re use the soil.

That one actually came out of one seed. :) We had one like that last time.

The Critical Cheese didn't make it past that sprout, we had to trash it too. But the others we germinated are doing well, and we repotted them a couple of days ago.

We have more lights to add as we go, but for now...

IMG_42332.JPG

The Deep Cheese:

IMG_42343.JPG

And the other C99s:

IMG_42354.JPG

IMG_42362.JPG

IMG_42371.JPG

IMG_42382.JPG

IMG_42392.JPG

Subscribed. A question, the soil mix you are using, outside of the MG I saw pictured is there anything else. I really like the looks of the medium

Subscribed. A question, the soil mix you are using, outside of the MG I saw pictured is there anything else. I really like the looks of the medium

We are using MG Organic Choice with a layer of MG Moisture Control on top. It's worked well so far. I'll have some pics uploaded in a second. They are growing like...well, weeds. LOL :p

Ok, sorry about the pics last time...someone came in right as I was about to upload them and I had to close out.

Anyway, it seems like the site is doing something weird with the photo upload, I uploaded 6 pics and only 4 are showing in my gallery. So I may have only 4 to show. We're amazed at how fast the C99 grows, they are at 25 days now. The Deep Cheese is a good bit slower but it's coming along.

Deep Cheese:

IMG_4249.JPG

And 3 of the C99:

IMG_42543.JPG

IMG_42512.JPG

IMG_4250.JPG

They seem to be flourishing...so far we haven't had any of the problems we had last time. We're only watering once a week and no extra nutrients, just whatever is in the soil.

Turned out it wasn't spider mites after all. We unleashed a lot of ladybugs but things only got worse and they didn't seem to be finding much to eat, so I did some more research. It appears that it was actually a nitrogen deficiency. Being punks, we added some diluted urine to the soil and things have improved. The dead leaves are obviously not going to recover, but we have seen a lot of new growth. The Deep Cheese doesn't seem to be affected by this, at least not as much, but we treated it as well, and it has really started to show significant growth. As for the C99, I think we may have another deficiency as well, it may need some magnesium.

Anyway, pics...I didn't realize until I hit "process" that I had forgotten to flip the C99 ones upright before I uploaded them, sorry about that. :/

Deep Cheese:

IMG_43123.JPG

C99:

IMG_43135.JPG

IMG_43143.JPG

IMG_43153.JPG

IMG_43163.JPG

IMG_43173.JPG

Also, does anyone have any experience with growing C99? I've been trying to find out how long this strain takes...I found a few other grow journals, but they are all either growing a few strains at once with few details about C99 or have been started right in the middle of the grow, when they have a problem. The bank we ordered seeds from this time said that they're supposed to take 7 to 8 weeks to flower...they're just over 7 weeks along now, and don't look anywhere near ready to go to 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom