Punk Rock Caramelicious - First Grow

Thanks!! :D

We threw out two more males today. And I am happy to report that our double-stemmed plant is a female after all! I'll post some pics when it's more obvious and won't be out of focus.

sad to hear you had so many males. but like everyone else has said its the learning part that is important. the fact you got them to show sex is an achievement. +reps for you both!!! 6 weeks is definitely a little short but you got to do what you got to do lol!! i pushed my time limit on my current grow. i move out of my place 4 days after harvest!! cut it a little close haha.
good luck with you 4 ladys and ill keep checking in!!
Keep it Green!!:Namaste::goodjob:

And those pictures of males are awesome. if you dont mind i may use your pictures to help others to understand what i male looks like!!!

And those pictures of males are awesome. if you dont mind i may use your pictures to help others to understand what i male looks like!!!

Absolutely, by all means! :D

We're actually not terribly disappointed with 4 females. Especially since I thought we were only going to have one. Plus the double-stemmed girl is almost like 2 plants. She is really doing well and has lots of hairs.

We have one girl that is barely flowering and we're not sure why. She may not make it. I've got new pics.

Our best girl:

IMG_38654.JPG

IMG_38675.JPG

IMG_38682.JPG

IMG_38694.JPG

IMG_38703.JPG

This one is barely flowering yet:

IMG_38712.JPG

IMG_38735.JPG

This one looks pretty good, although it still has some bad looking places on it...

IMG_38743.JPG

IMG_38754.JPG

IMG_38766.JPG

IMG_38776.JPG

IMG_38785.JPG

And the last one...think this one's doing pretty well...

IMG_38793.JPG

IMG_38804.JPG

IMG_38811.JPG

IMG_38823.JPG

I might should add that our lighting rig has reached a limit of sorts...we'll be remedying that tomorrow when PunkRockGuy is home. They are too close at this point but we have them arranged so that none of them are touching the lights.

One more thing to consider about lighting during flower stage. Double the number. Why? Your plant used all that light for veg, the plant is now 1/2 its finished size. It will need twice as much light because it will finish twice as big. Thats one of the main reasons plants flowered under the same par,watts,and lumens, as vegged ,have wispy buds. Most people try to make up the difference by pumping them full of nutes.

I must say that watching these flower is fascinating. I've never seen anything like this. When I was in college I had a boyfriend who grew a plant from a seed he got in a bag, but he threw it out before it really got very far, don't know why. I think it was because his mother didn't like it, lol. Anyway this is amazing.

BTW, should we start back with the nutrients? They haven't had any in weeks. I worry about adding ANYTHING because of the Roots Organic soil we are using.

Ya going to be an awesome ride to watch those girls go from that to finished product!! It truly is an amazing plant to watch grow. So unique!! +reps for you two!!!
Keep it green!!! :Namaste:

Thanks guys! :D

We ended up throwing one out. It had fallen over and we don't really know why, because it was not showing signs of any kind of progression, it wasn't because it had gotten heavy. You could tell it was female, that was about it. It just seemed to have stopped growing. It seemed damaged at the bottom of the stem, not broken, but weak, and we figured it wasn't worth trying to nurse along when we have a time crunch. So we're down to three, although since one of them is double-stemmed, it's more like 4. (How common are double-stemmed plants?)

Anyway, I have some new pics of the buds and then I'll be out of the picture for the most part for the rest of the grow. Today is my last day here in NJ and after that Punk Rock Guy will be taking over. I really hate that I won't be around to see how they're doing, but such is life. I'll still be dropping in from time to time to wave at y'all and see what pictures he posts.

IMG_39705.JPG

IMG_39714.JPG

IMG_39724.JPG

IMG_39733.JPG

IMG_39741.JPG

IMG_39752.JPG

IMG_39761.JPG

IMG_39773.JPG

IMG_39782.JPG

IMG_39793.JPG

IMG_39804.JPG

IMG_39814.JPG

IMG_39823.JPG

IMG_39832.JPG

IMG_39843.JPG

IMG_39853.JPG

IMG_39863.JPG

IMG_39872.JPG

IMG_39882.JPG

IMG_39893.JPG

IMG_39903.JPG

IMG_39911.JPG

IMG_39922.JPG

Hey everyone, Punkrockguy got very busy between work, school and getting ready to move so he wasn't able to keep up with this. But he did harvest the plants and brought them down with him, and after letting them dry for several days we spent time today removing the buds, which are now curing. No idea how much we got or if it's any good. I'll try to get some pics up in the next day or so.

Back
Top Bottom