Caramelicious / PC Grow/ First Time (Need Help!)

Re: Caramelicious/pcgrow/ first time (will need help!)

Wow that looks so wierd to me, a newbie soil grower and can see why there would be standing up problems. Have you seen what other people do? as Im sure it is a popular way of growing.

Wow that looks so wierd to me, a newbie soil grower and can see why there would be standing up problems. Have you seen what other people do? as Im sure it is a popular way of growing.

No, i havnt realy seen the same problem, but i havnt gone through a large amount of journals either... right now they are growing good, just the one that has the standing up issues has a stem that died a little bit from putting the pebbles close up to it. right now theres a pencil holding it up:p pics when i get home!

Day 20
1:
IMG00265-20100316-1333.jpg

2:
stem problem: its a little weak, looks almost dead around the stem. it may be stunting growth, but it looks like the only problem is its not very strong right now.
IMG00263-20100316-1009.jpg

IMG00266-20100316-1333.jpg

overall i think there looking pretty good

the other stem is looking to have the same as the first, if i can put it all the way to the bottom i can put the lst shelf in and it will hold them up an i think thats my best option, i just dont know if i can keep them that far from the light. Will they still stretch or does that only happen when they just sprout?

the situation
do you think i can remove the dvds? any advice?

You still want them as close to the lights as possible without burning amigo. Cant you alter the light somehow? Perhaps get an extension of some sort even

Wish I had more advice my friend, unfortunately I havent seen a grow like this before. Kinda the reason I was watching in reality. I just suspect that the basic principles remain the same.

I know you can get 'Y' type fittings that you can put in the sockets, that would allow either/or extra lights plus add a few inches to the socket itself. Might be an idea to revamp it somehow, I mean its still basic electrics, cables that wire to a socket i imagine.

I was thinking the same thing with the Y sockets,they just screw into the socket but you would have to be lucky to get them to line up right to lower the lights. I think you would be best to just keep DVDs or something under them. I was reading zinkopigs journal earlier and he stated that his light meter shows that CFLs are twice as strong at 1" than 2" or 3". The closer you keep them the happier your babies will be. :peace:

no solution for the lights yet, but today i confirmed that both are female! \o/

also i find that the older leafs near the bottom are being burnt, but the new leafs coming in on top are very green and healthy.. is this a problem? if pics are needed i can post in a bit, will be posting an update soon anyways

1:
IMG00274-20100323-1038.jpg

2:
IMG00273-20100323-1037.jpg

see how its burning on the bottom, but the new leafs seem to be good? i don't know what to do because of this.. also they are looking a tiny bit yellow, but i think there ok. the other one got that stem problem too, maybe its genetics? or something i did when planting seed.
tomorrow im going to put in the lst shelf, should solve the stem issue at least.. as for lights i'm just going to keep what i have and lower it as it grows... kind of sketchy but its my first grow.

I have some burn on my first leaves, check out my signature journal. I think it was through early watering getting on the leaves themselves. Perhaps you have done the same thing?

Great news that they are female! :woohoo:

Back
Top Bottom