Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Grow

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

High Herb, that set up is getting pretty smooth. Good to hear you've got some plan B Afghanis :ganjamon:

If you're still looking for another light, check out Ceramic Metal Halides... lotta bang for the buck, and a lotta of the kind of light the girls need.

Looking good :peace:

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

High Herb, that set up is getting pretty smooth. Good to hear you've got some plan B Afghanis :ganjamon:

If you're still looking for another light, check out Ceramic Metal Halides... lotta bang for the buck, and a lotta of the kind of light the girls need.

Looking good :peace:

Thanks Horse but I went with an identical HPS/MH combo for the new light.

Once all of these babies are finished in 2 months, I can maybe get 1 more light for the veg room. Going to be Metal Halide in that room at some point in the near future... I just need to make some more $$$. Any 1 need windows, doors, siding, or a roof??? lol

Lemon Skunk got chopped 2 days ago and is drying out nice and slow. She's crystallizing all the trichs evenly and has a little bit of a sheen to her. I was going to let her go longer, but the lights kept getting moved further and further away as the others stretched. The Super Silver Haze plants are now 4' tall so I tied them down with some string.

Before tying...
flower-room1.jpg

Lemon Skunk buds (click on this to see the full photo)
lemon-skunk-harvested.jpg

Thanks guys!!! I'm blushing over here... lol

That is a super good picture of some real sweet buds!! :welldone:

And girl... sorry Tmac.

I made that reflector today and it was 5 bucks for the aluminum 8" duct to make the reflector.

Here's a couple photos... I will make a tutorial on a different thread and link it to this grow.

Veg Room Makeover
veg-room3.jpg

8" Duct from Home Depot
duct-before.jpg

I flattened and wrinkled it a little bit to avoid hot spots
duct-flat.jpg

Then I punched holes in the middle of the arch with a screwdriver and hammer.
duct-holes.jpg

Then I wrapped the light cord around the wire from a wire hanger a few times and inserted both ends trough the holes. I also used a 1 to 2 screw in to double the output and split the color spectrum to 2 5500K, 1 5000K, and 3 2700K. May adjust according to growth pattern.
duct-light.jpg

Then I attached my chain to the opposite side and twisted the wire from the hanger around itself so it would make a complete loop with the chain attached.
duct-chain.jpg

Now you have a reflector for and type of CFL. I made a 150Watt reflector that I will have pics of tomorrow. My cell battery died on my Samsung Epic so I couldn't take the final pics but it is sweet. You can dimple the reflector more if you want but didn't matter so much to me as the surface is not polished completely to a sheen.

The overall cost was about $25 for a 150W 6 light CFL reflector system (3 27w & 3 23w)

goto say the re-done veg room is lookn dope!! looks very similar to mine the way the lights are hung, besides the hydro stuff... i might try aeroponics like mybigself i dont know.... im still thinkin bout it...
dude... that lemon skunk is shiny!! :yummy: :yahoo: skunkskunkskunkskunk! love that name!!
hey wheres the afterpicture after the tiedown =/
finished product of reflector? im curious!!! :)
anyways damnit u got a forest goin on! :peace:

goto say the re-done veg room is lookn dope!! looks very similar to mine the way the lights are hung, besides the hydro stuff... i might try aeroponics like mybigself i dont know.... im still thinkin bout it...
dude... that lemon skunk is shiny!! :yummy: :yahoo: skunkskunkskunkskunk! love that name!!
hey wheres the afterpicture after the tiedown =/
finished product of reflector? im curious!!! :)
anyways damnit u got a forest goin on! :peace:

damn Slim... don't get your panties in a bunch... lol

after the tie-down...
tie-down.jpg

new reflector pic tomorrow

lol i was like i didnt say anything tho

now im gonna demand the finished pic of the reflector lol i need to make me one so i can use jus cfl and get this bulky ass shop light outa my closet lol

Sorry about that Slim and Funny.

Too many grows to check in on and my head gets scrambled.

But as demanded... finished reflector pics!!!

Top View (braided the 3 cords to follow 1 path to the 3 way ext cord)
reflector-top.jpg

Bottom View (optional to wrap the cords on the underside with aluminum tape... not done here because I don't have any)
reflector-bottom.jpg

It literally takes 10 minutes to make and costs damn near nothing. Hope you guys can follow my example ok.

:peace: and sorry again about the mixup

Thanks funny!!!

Also decided to make the new DWCs deeper than the last. Still 6 plant sites but its 4" deeper which allows for more circulation and larger root growth. This was determined a much needed change considering the SSH roots system in the flower room takes up the whole 10 gal tote. Insane!!!

Used a pairing knife to cut it out perfectly
dwc-cutting.jpg

Finished product for $15 rather than spend hundreds on pre-built junk. I know the plant sites are a bit close together but it maximizes the space usage.
deeper-dwc.jpg

I should start selling complete systems including tote, net pots, hydroton, air stones, air pump, air lines and starter nutes. Would cost about 30 bucks to build and could probably sell to some idiots for $150 or more. Throw in the 400 Watt HPS/MH combo lamp and charge $400 bucks for ready to grow system and it would still be cheaper than any other system on the market.

You could still do that, sell for a fair price and still make money! You have to get paid for your time. Call it "smoke in a tote" ! Pack it all in the tote.

Back
Top Bottom