Quanity is based on light and space - Quality on grower talent

ChronicAffair

Hi everyone!
I run a grow room solutions company in Mississauga Ontario Canada. My company designs, consults and constructs grow rooms and spaces for the medical cannabis community. Hopefully soon, the recreational market. I'm here to help the movement, provide my years of growing knowledge, talk to other people in the industry and to learn off of other people's experience. Thank you kindly.

Hi everyone!
I run a grow room solutions company in Mississauga Ontario Canada. My company designs, consults and constructs grow rooms and spaces for the medical cannabis community. Hopefully soon, the recreational market. I'm here to help the movement, provide my years of growing knowledge, talk to other people in the industry and to learn off of other people's experience. Thank you kindly.

Chronic,

Thanks for offering up the knowledge. I have a question about cultivation, both commercial and personal. With commercial grows, what do you see is the largest current, and future challenge or pain that large-scale commercial grows face?

For personal grows -- how do you see the all-in-one grow boxes playing out? They look convenient and seem to eventually pay for themselves over time, but with space being a limiting factor, do you see the public finding interest in the grow boxes given their small yields?

Thanks,

HB

Hi HB.
Commercial grows don't really face any obstacles unless you are broke. If you are licensed with the proper government bodies and have the proper investors, then the world is your oyster. I fear flooding the marketplace with inferior product. Growing medical cannabis like a puppy mill. I keep seeing stories of product being removed from stores because of high levels insecticides and chemicals. I see big companies running the marketplace like big tobacco and alcohol. I always encourage "craft" growers like in the beer market.
Grow boxes? It's a great concept but they don't work. First is the initial cost. Four to six thousand dollars?? Lol. The whole goal of home growing is to grow cannabis for less than buying at a dispensary or on the street. You can buy a small tent and grow light for $300. The boxes are small and there's no room for veg. You have to flower from seeding. Even if you pull a half or full once (doubtful), the value is $200 on the high side. Does that $5000 investment seem smart? I can spend $1000 on a full tent kit with everything you need and pull out 1.5 lbs plus valued at over $3000 . Paid for by first crop. Why fix a system that's not broken?
I could write all day. Lol. Hope I answered your questions. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Don't really have any questions, but subbing up in hope I'll learn something new

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Chronic,

Awesome information, thanks a ton. I couldn't agree more with respect to the grow boxes. We also share the same idea of a future where big corps will own the market, leaving room for craft growers to serve a connoisseurs market.

Thanks again! HB

Cannabis grows like a weed. Hence the nickname of "weed" . I look out my window and I see healthy plants, flowers and trees. Nobody goes out and balances their feeding water, pH's their soil or feeds them nutrients. Nature balances itself out. As long as you provide healthy temperatures on the canopy, feed only required nutrients when she calls for it, keep your pH between 5 and 7, don't over water , having a light that fits your space, and having a healthy root system; you will get quality. When you get quality, usually you get quanity. When a plant has the perfect environment, she'll max out on her yield potential.

Grow boxes? It's a great concept but they don't work. First is the initial cost. Four to six thousand dollars??
The whole goal of home growing is to grow cannabis for less than buying at a dispensary or on the street. You can buy a small tent and grow light for $300. The boxes are small and there's no room for veg. You have to flower from seeding. Even if you pull a half or full once (doubtful), the value is $200 on the high side.

Kind of a blanket statement saying "grow boxes don't work", as there is plenty of examples here of folks growing in small spaces/cabinets/closets etc..... If you have a minimal amount of knowledge and tools you can build your own for a lot cheaper than price of a tent. And saying "you can't veg" or and you "have to flower from seed" isn't even factual, that or many of us smoking too much and just think it works ;) :rofl: Guess I haven't seen the gold plated grow boxes, IMHO if you spend 5k on a box you're an idiot, as you could convert a whole room in your house for a lot cheaper than that.

Even if you pull a half or full once (doubtful), the value is $200 on the high side. Does that $5000 investment seem smart? I can spend $1000 on a full tent kit with everything you need and pull out 1.5 lbs plus valued at over $3000 .

Big difference growing your own and growing commercially, most places you can't have 1.5 pounds of usable marijuana in your house legally and still there is many places you can't have any in your house, and growing your own falls under "manufacturing" which is a different penalty than possession as it is "intent to distribute" whether you had plans of selling it or not. Most of the little guys can't afford the fees involved with growing commercially where legal along with all the other rules/regs and BS you have to have in order to do it legally.

Hi urban monk.
I think you need to read my post again. The question asked was my opinion on grow boxes you find eBay as an example. There's no room to veg a plant. You have to flower a SEEDLING or a clone. A plant doubles in size during flower. No real room for any yield. That defeats the purpose of growing at home. To pay less for medical cannabis.
In Canada, you are allowed to grow 5 plants per one gram of medicine a day you are prescribed. Up to 5 grams or twenty five plants. Now if I need 5 grams a day in the worst case scenario, that's 180 grams a month. If I'm growing from seed, in a single grow space, I won't yield for 4 months. That's 720 grams needed for my 4 month prescription. A closet is a bigger space then those grow boxes. A 4x4 space with 600w light with a 2' deep canopy guarantees a pound. Most people are not growing legally anyway. Police do not care about a single grow light setup in someone's basement. I value your opinion and I appreciate hearty conversation. Thank you and legalize.

No I read your post just fine lol your statement was a "blanket" "they don't work" ;) wasn't anything situational with your statement, I agree in some situations it makes little to no sense. Every situation is different, many folks need the stealth factor of cabinet grows as you can't just have a tent in your living room and not risk going to jail for a very long time in some locals. Other folks don't have the money to put out for a full tent setup, two boxes I built including lights was under $350 total for them both. Oregon is Rec legal in example, but you are only allowed 4 plants and can only have 8 oz of usable Marijuana in your house (that per residence not per person), if you have a Medical card you can have 6 plants and not sure if usable a different number as I'm don't have a Medical Card. And the price of Rec legal is the penalties for not being in compliance are worse than they used to be prior to legalization.

Most of the little folks have no chance of growing commercially as most don't have 20-25k laying around they doing nothing with, as all the fees and requirements take a major initial investment. And it will be all the big companies running the show in short period of time as the "Mom and Pop" setups can only make it on the Black Market, as Wholesale prices in places it been legal longer (CO, WA) have been dropping like a rock. As in the US the Feds expect you to pay taxes on your earnings but you can't write off any of the growing expenses to offset income and the legal businesses are having trouble with Banking as they all are governed by the Feds. So one starts off in a great big hole if you trying to grow commercially legally.

Alot of good points Monk. But if we all grew our own with no risk of being persecuted it would make commercial grows a small market. They can't bust everyone. We shouldn't fear our government, they should fear us. They are here to serve societies wishes and we pay their salaries. For the people, by the people. The movement continues to gain footing. Legalize

Alot of good points Monk. But if we all grew our own with no risk of being persecuted it would make commercial grows a small market. They can't bust everyone. We shouldn't fear our government, they should fear us. They are here to serve societies wishes and we pay their salaries. For the people, by the people. The movement continues to gain footing. Legalize

Time will tell for sure, though govt takes care of those with money and so those with money make the rules unfortunately.....one of those looks great on paper but reality is a bit different ....though like I said some problems come with legalization from the States that have legalized it, hate seeing it turn into a big "corporate grab", as there are plenty of folks out there willing to pay for stuff they don't have the time/interest in growing themselves. Same goes for all the grow boxes for sale, must be some sort of demand/sales if there is that many folks out there making them.....albeit there are many folks that shouldn't be around power tools, as I"m sure many Contractors make extra money off folks trying to do things themselves and then having to hire someone to undo all their problems in order to do it right ;) :rofl:.

I would go to prison for a long time for what I am doing in my grow-room. Don't give a fuck how much I produce. Kinda want to produce as much as possible. You never get enough weed.

So I'm keeping my head low and have a healthy dose of paranoia. Was in fact even in doubt if making a grow-journal was too risky.

I would go to prison for a long time for what I am doing in my grow-room. Don't give a fuck how much I produce. Kinda want to produce as much as possible. You never get enough weed.

So I'm keeping my head low and have a healthy dose of paranoia. Was in fact even in doubt if making a grow-journal was too risky.
Same here

Hi everyone!

I need help with my room. Are you saying post questions and you'll help?

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Back
Top Bottom