Quix's Corner - Puddle-o-Green - NL & Bag Seed - Indoor Soil Experiment

Lol I have the same laundry basket as you .

Anyway , nice grow ... I wish I could attain something like that , but every time I grow it fails horribly for some reason or the other . Once I move out things will become easier (saving money is hard right now) but keep it up I wanna see more grows from you !

Ditto - I'm pondering away to no avail, but... I'll keep pondering. Can't remember, but I'm assuming (correct me if I'm wrong):

• you can't cut any holes
  • there isn't another room/place/basement to do this

I know budget is an issue too, but if you had a way to get a fan pulling air out of there and a way to bring fresh air in passively you could do about anything. What you want is a fan at the top of the closet blowing air out of the room through ducting into another part of the house or outside, ultimately. Cool air could then be sucked in from under closet door, which could stay closed. 200 cfm would be a good size fan for your needs, I'd think...

Hey X I realized I did'ne answer your questions, sorry about that...
You're right in your two points, I cant cut any holes for venting(that would be ideal!)
And I don't have any other place to do this in...
And budget is also an issue. I could spring for some ducting, but I'd have nowhere to vent it to...Oh well...I'll get by with this for now, and by the time I start flowering again on my next run it'll be winter. Actually, I hope to move by Fall, so we'll just have to wait n see! :thanks: again for all your help brother!

Hey Quix! Just a few thoughts on your heat issues. I see a mention earlier of CO2. Your plants would do well with an infusion of CO2 when temps are high. The plants well best absorb and use CO2 when temps are between 85-95 deg f. Keep air moving above and below the canopy for best circulation. Boost Buckets come to mind as a reasonably inexpensive way to add CO2 in your space.

Another thought is to look at the top of your closet ceiling and see if there is an access panel to your attic. You may possibly vent some of the hotter rising air there.

P.S. I see nothing negative in your attitude. Seems to me you are trying to work through a difficult problem and save your grow. No need for explanation your doing fine because you are learning and sometimes learning isn't easy. Wish you the best my friend and keep up the good vibes!

:peacetwo:
Hey mac thanks for the help! But I've addressed all my options, and Co2 just wont work for me. My set up is in a closet, with no way to vent to the outside or attic, and I cant close the closet doors whith the lights on, as it will cook the plants(talkin 100 degrees!) If I were to introduce o2, it would be immediately pulled away from the plants and dispersed throughout the rest of the bedroom(Large bedroom) And to be honest I dont want to put the amount of Co2 into my personal bedroom that it would take to benefit the plants....

The access to my attic is in my main hallway unfortunately, and does me no good. But great ideas and thank you for that!

And thank you for the kind words, you're always a mood boost around here!:high-five::thanks:

Lol I have the same laundry basket as you .

Anyway , nice grow ... I wish I could attain something like that , but every time I grow it fails horribly for some reason or the other . Once I move out things will become easier (saving money is hard right now) but keep it up I wanna see more grows from you !

Hey Branson thanks for stoppin in:welcome:, and thanks for the kind words bro! You're always welcome here, so if you think anyone here, including myself, might be able to help walk you through some growing, please let us know. As my grow demonstrates, theres really nowhere a person CAN'T grow!! Trust me, if you were so inclined, we could get you growing, for cheap, and with decent results!

This is why I love weed , and this website . Everybody is cool with everyone and every ends with the people involved getting high , forgetting they even fought , and become friends afterwards lol . And thanks , I'll be sure to come here if I have any questions . One question though , where can I get an HPS light for cheap ? My friend said home depot sells 400w ones for 18 bills ?

This is why I love weed , and this website . Everybody is cool with everyone and every ends with the people involved getting high , forgetting they even fought , and become friends afterwards lol . And thanks , I'll be sure to come here if I have any questions . One question though , where can I get an HPS light for cheap ? My friend said home depot sells 400w ones for 18 bills ?

Well, I can tell you for sure that I HAVE seen the HPS bulbs at my Depot, however, they don't sell the fixture (Stupid if you ask me). The fixture is where you'll spend the most money. Basically, you're going to be on a mission if you dont have local grow or hydro stores near you. You could try Craiglist, but be careful. You could also try (e) bay, but be dilligent, and know what you're buying, check the seller reviews, check the manufacturer reviews, look at the manufacturer's website so on and so forth. Have you grown before?

Hey Quix :)

Man, you have ton of help here! Unfortunately none of us has a good answer for you. Your learning through all this and that's a plus.
So when you go house hunting.........you'll know what to look for......a good growing space. :thumb:

Hey Quix, by education and work experience I once was a pnuematic auto-temperture control application engineer for Johnson Controls.

Dealing w/heat issues in a small grow area is a pain in the ass, can't vent it out, can't bring in a/c into your grow area.... I tried this once and it did work, but it takes up extra time but is low cost.... you know those small blue freezer blocks you can get at Walmart? I have 6 of them, the dimensions are 8" long x6" wide x1.5" thick. I'd place all 6 of them side by side w/a inch gap between them.... by taking a 8"-10" small fan I'd blow air across and thru the gaps to create a cold air push at the highest point in the grow area, it works, I have even used frozen gallon water containers as well. Blow air across a cold object will create a cooler closet temp. In aero-hydro, I'll take the frozen blocks and set them up against the walls of my rez-box as well to lower the nutes temps as well..... just an idea.... happy 4th bro :thumb:

Hey Quix, by education and work experience I once was a pnuematic auto-temperture control application engineer for Johnson Controls.

Dealing w/heat issues in a small grow area is a pain in the ass, can't vent it out, can't bring in a/c into your grow area.... I tried this once and it did work, but it takes up extra time but is low cost.... you know those small blue freezer blocks you can get at Walmart? I have 6 of them, the dimensions are 8" long x6" wide x1.5" thick. I'd place all 6 of them side by side w/a inch gap between them.... by taking a 8"-10" small fan I'd blow air across and thru the gaps to create a cold air push at the highest point in the grow area, it works, I have even used frozen gallon water containers as well. Blow air across a cold object will create a cooler closet temp. In aero-hydro, I'll take the frozen blocks and set them up against the walls of my rez-box as well to lower the nutes temps as well..... just an idea.... happy 4th bro :thumb:

Wow Faderharley! I never thought of that! What a great inexpensive way to cool a small area. Cudos Bro! :bravo:

:peacetwo:

Hey Quix, sorry i havent been by in awhile buddy! I laugh everytime i read whats going on with your grow cause its like deja vu as you seem to be running into all of the same problems i had at some point during my current grow. Damn temps are exactly the reason i had to bail on my cabinet at the beginning of summer, i couldnt even imagine trying to grow in it now! Hell with how hot its been this past weekend even my basement rooms are around 84 degrees! Awesome tip by faderharley though, id for sure give that a try!

Hey Quix :)

Man, you have ton of help here! Unfortunately none of us has a good answer for you. Your learning through all this and that's a plus.
So when you go house hunting.........you'll know what to look for......a good growing space. :thumb:

Hi OMM:) Yes my friend, I've had a great deal of help ALL of you guys, and others on other threads, ever since I started here at 420, and I'm ever greatful. It's nice to be able to go a year without paying for meds, and years to come it looks like!

And yes, the growing space is pretty much a deal breaker for when we move. If I cant grow there, I wont move there:hookah:

Yo Fader thanks for the tips! Those are all great ideas:high-five: Fortunately, I think I got my heat situation under control. It's embarrasing, but all I needed to do is clean the filters on my ac units, came home to 73 in the closet today and it was plenty warm outside. But with those ideas, I think now I can add some CFL action to my HPS, and then we'll be cookin with gas!! Thanks again brother, I'll have to remember you for future knowledge!

Hey Quix, sorry i havent been by in awhile buddy! I laugh everytime i read whats going on with your grow cause its like deja vu as you seem to be running into all of the same problems i had at some point during my current grow. Damn temps are exactly the reason i had to bail on my cabinet at the beginning of summer, i couldnt even imagine trying to grow in it now! Hell with how hot its been this past weekend even my basement rooms are around 84 degrees! Awesome tip by faderharley though, id for sure give that a try!

Hey Jango! No worries about not gettin over here for a few! I go days between my rounds all the time. 84 degrees is rough, I did start to see signs of heat stress at those temps, but these NL are some hardy girls man. I got my heat issue pretty well resolved as it seems, so far. Got the closet down to 73 today, and Already they're starting to take off again! We'll see how many CFLs I can add now, and then I'll employ FH's freezer packs or milk jug!

Awesome that you got the AC functioning a bit better. :thumb: I've been throwing icepacks in my hydrobucket a couple of times a day and it's been helping keep the reservoir a bit cooler. I like Fader's full on ice attack. Low tech solution that could really work.

Well, I can tell you for sure that I HAVE seen the HPS bulbs at my Depot, however, they don't sell the fixture (Stupid if you ask me). The fixture is where you'll spend the most money. Basically, you're going to be on a mission if you dont have local grow or hydro stores near you. You could try Craiglist, but be careful. You could also try (e) bay, but be dilligent, and know what you're buying, check the seller reviews, check the manufacturer reviews, look at the manufacturer's website so on and so forth. Have you grown before?

Yes ive grown and thanks for the info . I have yet to get a chance to stop by Home Depot to check , but apparently they sell fixtures at mine really cheap and I can make my own or something ... I'll be going there soon though .

Once again thanks !

Yes ive grown and thanks for the info . I have yet to get a chance to stop by Home Depot to check , but apparently they sell fixtures at mine really cheap and I can make my own or something ... I'll be going there soon though .

Once again thanks !

HPS fixtures can be found in almost all HD's in the security lighting area. Normally there are several models from 70w-250w. Just tell the folks there you are worried about how dark your backyard is, and want to light the WHOLE DARN YARD!! lol

Hey Quix. :)

Man, that's really good news!:cheer:

Nothings going to stop you now! NL here we come. Big buds and all, :high-five:

Thats right brother, came home to 73 again today:high-five::cheer:

Awesome that you got the AC functioning a bit better. :thumb: I've been throwing icepacks in my hydrobucket a couple of times a day and it's been helping keep the reservoir a bit cooler. I like Fader's full on ice attack. Low tech solution that could really work.

Hey X!:) Yep, things are looking good now, 73 in the closet again today, and thats with the 5000 btu AC, and if needed I can switch to the 8000 btu ac in the other room. I only switched them recently when I thought it was going bad, but now Ive cleaned the filters on both, and the other room is smaller than my room, so it makes sense to switch them back. I added 2 CFLs today for a few hours, and the temp only went up to 75....totally do-able! And then yes, Fader's little trick is my back up!:high-five:

Once again thanks !

Sure thing bud any time. Yeah I have heard that before too, that you can make your own balast with parts from there. Let me know what you figure out!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom