Ready for Harvest? Pics

Re: Ready for Harvest?? Pics

Duke here is a picture for you to base your harvest on, just so you can picture what I said above I will include this.
when-to-harvest1.jpg

Be carefull with letting too many trichomes turn amber though, for if your plant over-ripens it will loose alot of its potency. It is best to ALWAYS take before this point to make sure the total harvest is as potent as possible.

I'd say 80-85% of our trichomes are cloudy, a few clear; we're almost there. I'm just learning and have a question... A few are turning amber. It's very light and even color but on the edges of the leaves the trichomes have a dark middle starting at the leaf and going about 1/2 to 3/4 way up the shaft section. The plants suffered severe heat stress about 3 weeks into flowering but have recovered nicely. Can someone explain what the dark coloring could be? Is that just damage? Thanks

The edges of the leaves are a very dark brown/purple and the trichomes along the edges have a very dark core. The buds and inner sections of the leaves have cloudy/clear trichomes. Is the very dark damage or the trichomes degrading?

U want to check the tricromes on the buds, they will be what u are smoking, not the leaves. So if the buds are clear to cloudy, u want them to switch to cloudy to amber before u chop. Are u flushing your medium yet? If not u should definately start. Are u using chemical or organic nutes?

And I dont think that the trics on the leaves are degrading...and there are numerous reason why some of your leaves are dark.

The buds are mostly cloudy and clear. Flushing started early yesterday. We use the General Hydroponics Flora line of nutrients but will be switching to using just FloraBlend and FloraNova Bloom & Grow as soon as this supply is depleted. Any input is welcome.

Iv always found that when you think your plants are ready for the chop wait another week.

There are other indications to tell if your buds are ripe the main ones i use are swollen calyx and 70x scope to see the trichome.

Never fails

Pardon me for jumping in here, but I have 2 plants of medijuana grown outside here in Phoenix. My colas are huge, but none of the tricomes are turning cloudy yet. Could it be because they still get a longer day than those inside where the light is reduced all at once? Thanks! How long a window would you say I have, as I'm going away for 10 days starting next week!:hookah:

dude those are lookin nice!!!!i agree they still have quite a bit of white hairs on them.definately check the trich color.i bought a 12 dollar pocket microscope at radio shack.its like 100x and lets you clearly see the colors of the trichs.best investment for 12 bucks.once again good job.shit looks chronic.be patient and your reward will be well worth it bro.i would probably start flushing also.good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom