Reddog1981 - First Time - Northern Lights - Grow

Reddog1981

Strain c.k. Northern lights auto

70% ind. 20%sativa 10% rud.

Soil/media About 40%pro mix BX with 20% maybe 30% added perlite as well as 30%-40% added peat moss
Also a small amount of dolomite lime at the rate of 1 tsp to be safe but no more then 1tbs per
gallon. Also about 2-3 cups Hydroton clay (pebbles) added to pots.

Pots. 5 gallon fabric "Smart Pots" with handles
image35342.jpg
image35288.jpg
image35287.jpg

A-train I no whenever u get in her eu gonna yell at me for the solo cups... But I didn't have my media to plant n pots yet got lost in shipping didn't come when suppose to so my girls couldn't go in there final homes when germed out..

Good deal slayer was gonna send u friend request but tryin to figure out how again..

Oh yeah also One 600 watt MH temps started off kinda high in the upper 80s now running good in the 70s but dropping to mid 50s at night so tryin to keep light running during those times.RH running in 70s mostly. Using artesian well water that I bubble constantly in a 2 gallon bucket. I have a rain barrel I dunno if maybe I should try using that? Don't no witch is better I no the well water is a constant thing that doesn't. Red monitoring and will allways b and won't have critters in it but at the same time the well water won't have"critters" in it if y'all get what I mean??? The good stuff

Thanks schtiggy and to all who visit and help and much props to A-train with everything and I do mean everything nutes,pots,feeding regiments and growing media other then my added special mixes - the dolomite. And the auto flowering thread that he started that helps so many of us thanx bro.:thanks:

Yeah man about day 12 from germ and have been in final smart pots for about 5 days.started of so fudged up first put them in peat pots then solo cups because didn't think about tap root and deeper is better and then didn't have media to plant in. Miracle they even alive really.... I say about 12 days cuz wife threw calendar away not knowing so it's all a mess...

For this lil ones should my soil stay moist all the time r should it dry out at all between watering and if so about how much and does that Chang as they mature? I know you "a-train" have a guide line for watering but there is allways some variation so what can maybe b a rule of thumb? Thanx peeps?:thanks::thanks:

The 1 ,600 wt mh, forget the specs of the bulb " color and lumens"?but u really can't go off the claims those cheap kits that come with the bulbs say they put out newly ? seems to me at least .

Hey Reddog - found your post! What Atrain said is spot on. That would be why she's a tad slow. She will catch up for sure just walk away for 4 days lol.

She is much better than mine was, I am predicting you will do well! I will post a pic of my girls so that you believe that she will be better than mine!

Good job :thumb:

I'm the guy you sent a private message to about my experience w/NL (my 6 were auto-fem) Since I do not have at least 50 posts, I have to answer you here. I used a Dealzer Cash Crop 4.0 model self contained, but very small. My 1st grow was a complete disaster. I knew absolutely nothing about growing anything, much less hydro. Still don't know very much but I am learning.
I made every mistake possible, (including, but not limited to) lights, nutrients, etc., etc. The unit is small, 32" tall, 14" wide, and maybe 10" deep. Has a 1 gallon reservoir, and 6 places for pots. Seeds came from Crop King (excellent, discreet service) and all 6 germinated just fine. Thru my own incompetence and lackadaisical approach things did not go well at all. (total yield, about 1 oz collectively from the 6 plants.......BUT......I am now on my second grow. You can see it on 420 magazine. Go to forums, scroll down to search, put in Rothschild. my Journal White Widow fem, hydro will come up. Please visit and comment THIS TIME IT WILL BE DIFFERENT! I am paying attention, really researching nutrients (I an now using Humboldt Counties Own) and asking for all the help I can get. The one thing we learned for sure from 1st grow is do not try to grow too many in small space. I am moving soon and will have a full basement to play in. I am going to do both soil and hydro at 1st opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom