Rider 509 - Out Of The Pan & Into The Fire - Gold Leaf - 2017

re: Rider 509 - Out Of The Pan & Into The Fire - Gold Leaf - 2017

I've moved all of the seeds to Rapid Rooter blocks. As soon as the blocks have roots showing (if ever) I'll move them to the RDWC and keep the water level high enough to hit the rocks. I'm going to use a ring of low volume bubblers around the top of the net pots to keep things moist and direct inject pure oxygen into the air stone's path. Shouldn't take much to achieve O2 saturation and I can crank it up and hang out in the tent for those mornings after.

I haven't done anything with the RDWC system yet. Kinda waiting to see how many of these seeds germinate. It's been, what, two weeks? One finally poked its head out this morning. Stubborn little buggers. Moved them into a window to take this pic. Fingers crossed for the other three.

IMG_97377.JPG

These babies are taking their sweet time! It's two weeks since starting them. Two have popped out of the pucks but I can see that the other two aren't far behind.

e32493e76f55f74445bfe17fb04bdc21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is this a strain from Bergman at 420?

Sometimes beginners luck shines on you. In my case the purchase of the White Widow autoflower works in my favor. When, IF, these Gold Leaf photo-periods take off I won't have to move the WW to a flowering tent since they can flower just fine in 18-6. Winning!
I only wish I could say it was my evil genius plan all along. LOL

Is this a strain from Bergman at 420?

Yes, it is. There may have been some Sailor Jerry involved in the ordering process so I can't even tell you why I chose this strain!

That strain will get you fried.
I'm surprised you're having problems. I order from 420 all the time. I get fast, trouble free results.
I'm growing Strawberry Kush from them right now. It's in my journal.

That strain will get you fried.
I'm surprised you're having problems. I order from 420 all the time. I get fast, trouble free results.
I'm growing Strawberry Kush from them right now. It's in my journal.

The White Widow I got from him exploded with growth! I swear you can watch it grow. I'm thinking it's just the genetics that makes the GL a little slower.

I'm ordering the Girl Scout cookies extreme before he runs out again.

The RDWC is together and working but def not finished. I'll be raising the pots off the floor of the grow room to allow a larger reservoir in the next couple of days. I'm circulating water via a 1/2" supply line with 3/4" passive return lines. I'm also using three 2gph drip heads per pot to the top of the Hydroton during the early days of the seedling/veg state. Each pot has an aeration stone. I'm using Cutting Edge Solutions nutrients.
Let the madness begin!

4274a98e8f7466e804b3782a5e68ff2f.jpg
7ca2a08f2d267cc084be3173431f8dc0.jpg

Out of four 420 Gold Leaf seeds only two germinated. That's fortunate in a way because I'd only planned on RDWC for two plants!

For those that may be interested, per the resident grow dude at the store I used the nutes at 1/4 strength of what the bottles said for seedling stage, and then dropped the pH to 6.4. As the seedlings develop I'll slowly increase nute strength and continue to drop pH with every water change. The target pH is 5.8 once I'm fully in vegetative state. The plants... not me. I'm rarely in a vegetative state and I'm way more acidic, or caustic, depending on who you're asking.

That room looks mighty inviting Rider. I'm neither resident nor would I consider myself a grow dude but if I saw 6.4 on my meter I'd shit myself. Although I can see his logic for that. At 6.4 your only letting in Nitrogen and Phosphorus which as I understand it is what is important and necessary for early stage growth. This is gonna be a good one to watch, good luck dude.

Don't know if your into naming your plants but if you are, Sayler and Gerry would seem appropriate.

I've got Billy, Beth, and Booby in soil. Booby lost a cotyledon during emergence.
I can't for the life of me come up with a cultural reference for Sayler and Jackie. I give. :)

You mentioned earlier that you were somewhat influenced by Sailer Jerry when you ordered the seeds. That seemed to stick with me, hence the feminized names.

Out of four 420 Gold Leaf seeds only two germinated. That's fortunate in a way because I'd only planned on RDWC for two plants!

Contact Robert Bergman. He will very likely replace those seeds. One of the best companies I've ever dealt with.

Back
Top Bottom