Rollincoals Third Grow, Blueberry Auto, Blueberry CBD Crossed With Green Crack & Cookies & Cream

Well I put together a little dwc system but I think I am gonna drop the cx horticulture nutrients, the two plants that are on it are not happy one is the auto and the other is my
20210123_060911.jpg
so far day two, see how long the roots take to come out of the net pot.

Nice looking Dwc set up! Have you grown a Dwc plant before? I’ve done it a few times, the rate of growth once she gets her roots into the nutrient solution can be insane!

Nice looking Dwc set up! Have you grown a Dwc plant before? I’ve done it a few times, the rate of growth once she gets her roots into the nutrient solution can be insane!
No first time for dwc

T
No first time for dwc
I think you’ll like it, I would highly recommend getting a good PPM/Ec meter and a good Ph pen if you don’t have one already. Keeping on top of your Ppm and Ph is essential to having things go smoothly.

T

I think you’ll like it, I would highly recommend getting a good PPM/Ec meter and a good Ph pen if you don’t have one already. Keeping on top of your Ppm and Ph is essential to having things go smoothly.
Thanks ya I got a decent ppm and ph pen not a blue lab but decent ones. Gonna be a learning curve for sure

Basically in a nutshell you want to see your Water level in your res dropping with your ppm. You want your ph to either stay stable or drop a bit. That means the nutrient solution is the right strength and the plant is able to take up everything it needs. If your water level is not dropping and the Ppm and ph are rising it generally means the nutrient solution is to strong and you should dilute it with plain water Ph’d to 5.7 to 5.8. That usually gets her back on track.
I did it in 5 gallon buckets and would basically be topping off with water almost daily when they got bigger and really started to drink. Looks like your using a tote? If so it can make things a bit easier because there is more solution so it won’t be drained so quickly and will keep the solution more stable for longer. I would definitely recommend changing the solution at least every 10 days , I generally did it every 7 but it’s gonna depend on how fast she drinks.

Keep your nutrient solution 65- 68 degrees if you can that will help keeping any nasty stuff from showing up on your roots like root rot which can be the bane of the Dwc grower. I would recommend getting some kind of beneficial bacteria to run in your res, I used Z9 it will help keep your roots nice and white.

Forgot to mention above make sure you have about 3/4 of an inch of air space between the net pot and the water. The bubbles the air stones make in the water will be popping on the surface and your medium will wick up the water to keep the plant happy until it gets it’s roots into the res.

Basically in a nutshell you want to see your Water level in your res dropping with your ppm. You want your ph to either stay stable or drop a bit. That means the nutrient solution is the right strength and the plant is able to take up everything it needs. If your water level is not dropping and the Ppm and ph are rising it generally means the nutrient solution is to strong and you should dilute it with plain water Ph’d to 5.7 to 5.8. That usually gets her back on track.
I did it in 5 gallon buckets and would basically be topping off with water almost daily when they got bigger and really started to drink. Looks like your using a tote? If so it can make things a bit easier because there is more solution so it won’t be drained so quickly and will keep the solution more stable for longer. I would definitely recommend changing the solution at least every 10 days , I generally did it every 7 but it’s gonna depend on how fast she drinks.

Keep your nutrient solution 65- 68 degrees if you can that will help keeping any nasty stuff from showing up on your roots like root rot which can be the bane of the Dwc grower. I would recommend getting some kind of beneficial bacteria to run in your res, I used Z9 it will help keep your roots nice and white.
Good to know as I am gonna drop the one line of nutrients I am using so I will be keeping an eye on this

I'm pumped I hope it works out for you ,,,,, didn't you say your brother has grown hydro, looks like a great set up so far rc
Thanks man me to.

Yea he does but he is in dalum by drumheller, and he has only been about a year so he is still learning to.

IMG_6063.jpg
IMG_6062.jpg

This is his grow right now. He has gone alot farther then I have has r.o. filtration system built a hole corner of his shop into two separate rooms. He's hard to get info out of as well.

@Backlipslide have you ever grown in dwc before? I have been trying to follow.a few.and reading lots of others journals, it seems like its easy but really finacky.
I have not!! It’s just so damn entrancing! But I, just can’t wrap my head around it..... I’m more of a hands on person, and can learn better doing it, rather then just reading about it. If I really put my time and effort into it, I’m sure I’d pick it up no problem... just not right now, I’ve got too much stuff on the go

@West Hippie is my DWC go to guy!
you have any questions, ask this man!

Thanks man ya my little set up is making me wonder. Almost a week and no roots to water yet? Starting to get a little nervous
It usually takes a couple of weeks for her to get her roots into the res. If you have her in a Rapid Rooter or Rock wool cube she should have enough moisture until she hits the res. Sometimes in the early going I will pull back a few of the stones and see if the Rooter is still moist, if it isn’t I just scoop a cup of the res solution and pour it over the rocks that will re moisten the rooter.

Well here is a little look into day 2 of flower for my blueberry creation,
20210126_203821.jpg
really stretching out i was gonna trim some down but I think I am just gonna leave her for another day
20210126_203847.jpg

But this auto has me baffled why are just the top leaves drooping? And no bud growth? This is why I think its the nutrient line (cx horticulture) so she is gonna get switched to the hog line.

It usually takes a couple of weeks for her to get her roots into the res. If you have her in a Rapid Rooter or Rock wool cube she should have enough moisture until she hits the res. Sometimes in the early going I will pull back a few of the stones and see if the Rooter is still moist, if it isn’t I just scoop a cup of the res solution and pour it over the rocks that will re moisten the rooter.
She.was well rooted i pulled it.out.of dirt was in a .5 gal pot this was a earlier shot of her, was waiting for my clones but I have terrible luck rooting clones :(
20210112_184042.jpg

I am using a little cup every other day to keep her roots wet but.might go back to soil?

She.was well rooted i pulled it.out.of dirt was in a .5 gal pot this was a earlier shot of her, was waiting for my clones but I have terrible luck rooting clones :(
20210112_184042.jpg

I am using a little cup every other day to keep her roots wet but.might go back to soil?
I’ve seen other people on here do the same thing. I think you should just ride it out and keep doing what your doing, she was looking nice and healthy in your previous pic you posted.

Back
Top Bottom