SalCapone’s First Ever LED Grow

Salcapone39

I’m classing this as my second grow , even though I currently am in the middle of 2 other projects :lot-o-toke:
It is however my first grow in a larger set up using LEDs.
I’m going to be using 2 x Marshydro TS3000 in a 120x240x200 grow tent
I will be using 23litre Rhizo fabric pots for better roots
Grow media is Tropic Bat Mix
40% high quality coco 60 % fine grade Irish peat , fertilised with bat guano.
Ph is 6 and contains magnesium limestone

Will be using SHOGUN Terra grow and bloom base nutrients and boosters and will add more info about them as I go along.
I will be growing the following
4x Original G13 from growers choice
2x Blackberry Gum
2x Blue Dream
All seem to have similar flowering periods so hopefully fingers crossed this should all go well.
I will post pictures as I set my new grow space up over the next few days and then can get to popping some seeds:woohoo::cheer::ganjamon:

Well.... still waiting on my MarsHydro TS 3000’s to arrive which has unfortunately given me time to ponder over my seed choices :oops:
So now I’m thinking of not growing autos at all and going for 8 photos instead!?
This has nothing to do with seeing my friends massive growth of triffids last night (Cindy99 which seriously looked capable of a mini invasion):rolleyes: honestly I was not jealous in the slightest.
So now looking for a nice heavy yielding strain high thc with dense buds preferably Sativa dominant hybrid ?
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Well still no sign of my new lights which Hermes are now saying they have delivered :rolleyes:
MarsHydro is looking into this with promises to resolve this within 7 days.
I really hope so as I can’t wait to start my new grow.

Hope your lights turn up soon. Maybe worth looking at the hybrid selection from @Weed Seeds Express below. 3 packs for 2 on some of the strains also. High quality seeds.

Well my lights did not arrive. However I got a full refund and managed to buy a ts3000 second hand so just looking for one more led for my grow space.

Also I’ve decided on completely different strains than I first wanted,I’m now going with

3x Cindy 99 from Blimburn seeds
3x Monster Moby from Monster
3x Gelato Dream from Anesia Seeds
These are all feminised photoperiod strains

and low and behold all but one have popped today in there little jiffy pellets, and I can even see a root at the bottom of the one that hasn’t shown itself yet:D
120x240x200 grow tent
I will be keeping these underneath humidity bells in the jiffy pellets before up planting into a 1 litre later on I will be using the 23litre Rhizo fabric pots for better roots and possibly up potting into a 30 litre.
Grow media is Tropic Bat Mix
40% high quality coco 60 % fine grade Irish peat , fertilised with bat guano.
Ph is 6 and contains magnesium limestone No perlite in this mix but supposed to be very airy.
Never used jiffy pellets before do I need to feed or just water and how long do I need to wait before I plant into 1litre pots ?

I will be using shogun terra nutes for this grow which is a Sheffield based uk company with very good reviews.

my grow space has not changed it is
120x240x200
1TS 3000 led light at the moment will be adding another later
Will list fans extraction etc as I go along.
Will be posting pics later on today.

thanks for looking.

@Bill284
Hi Bill just wanted to invite you to my new grow lol.
Hello @Salcapone39 hope you are well my friend.
Its sounds like you have a good start to your grow journal.
I'd love to follow along with you and see your ladies. :thanks:
You can just water your jiffy pelots.
I use coco blocks ,as soon as I see roots i put them into their pots.
Then I give them mild nutrients at first.
I'm not sure what all your amendments will do to the coco but I ph my nutrients to exactly 5.8 when feeding.
Bill

Day 1
For all seedlings but 1 Gelato dream which has yet to appear.
First of all already had an oops moment and given my seedlings too much light!
Raised TS 3000 to the ceiling and lowered to lowest setting and hopefully it’s not too late:oops:
Have moved seedlings to the side and not under light so I’m really hoping this helps.

will hopefully have something to take pictures of later on.

If my little buds pull through I’m hoping to grow these ladies using topping and LST I’m not using a scrog for this grow as I need some movement in the tent.

When do you guys top your photos?
How many times do you usually top?

As usual I’m very grateful for all answers and input.

If my little buds pull through I’m hoping to grow these ladies using topping and LST I’m not using a scrog for this grow as I need some movement in the tent.

When do you guys top your photos?
How many times do you usually top?

As usual I’m very grateful for all answers and input.
Most growers wait till the 5th node before topping.
If its a seed i like to get it growing vigorously before topping.
Clones I top right away but I have big clones.
I usually only top once producing two mains which I can tie over and grow laterally.
I find this method simple and effective.
Usually produces 6 zips on a 2 month veg. Give or take. Strain dependent also.
Don't let your babies get that bright light.
Just a t5 fluorescent at first is plenty.
Bill

Most growers wait till the 5th node before topping.
If its a seed i like to get it growing vigorously before topping.
Clones I top right away but I have big clones.
I usually only top once producing two mains which I can tie over and grow laterally.
I find this method simple and effective.
Usually produces 6 zips on a 2 month veg. Give or take. Strain dependent also.
Don't let your babies get that bright light.
Just a t5 fluorescent at first is plenty.
Bill
Thanks Bill
I’ve moved them right to the side now but will change to a t5 tomorrow.

Day 2
As all my seeds popped at the same time I’m going to post about them as a whole unless I need to post about them separately.

have potted all seedlings into a small pot (about Dixie cup size) all bar one are shooting but all have roots.

I know I said I wasn’t using perlite in this grow but decided to pot initially in Gold label light mix soil which has some perlite but very little nutrients so perfect for seedlings, will be moving into bat mix next up pot.

Cindy 99

1CD1B533-5E9F-480D-8815-18DC017B312C.jpeg
F14FCECB-42D7-4269-B4E3-9F0805AFB2D2.jpeg
these were extremely leggy so I have planted deep and watered with phd water.

They are now under a humidity dome under very low Lighting till I set my T5s up.

Monster Moby
189334A0-0EE9-4149-B9B3-FACF1FF6FBC6.jpeg

D03BEFAA-D144-4F2F-A4EF-6610C2130A59.jpeg

Gelato Dream

010C4C7D-8D27-4909-8FBA-1EB2919C0E0A.jpeg
1294AF4F-A1AF-4C71-880B-1C0547624AEE.jpeg

If anyone has any advice on these particular strains I would love to hear it ?

or used seed banks before?

Anesia Seeds
Blimburn seeds
Monster Genetics

Also currently looking for seeds for my Autumn grow :):yummy:
Thinking of going with just Sativa for the next one but who knows ?! Would love to hear any thoughts.

Day 2
As all my seeds popped at the same time I’m going to post about them as a whole unless I need to post about them separately.

have potted all seedlings into a small pot (about Dixie cup size) all bar one are shooting but all have roots.

I know I said I wasn’t using perlite in this grow but decided to pot initially in Gold label light mix soil which has some perlite but very little nutrients so perfect for seedlings, will be moving into bat mix next up pot.

Cindy 99

1CD1B533-5E9F-480D-8815-18DC017B312C.jpeg
F14FCECB-42D7-4269-B4E3-9F0805AFB2D2.jpeg
these were extremely leggy so I have planted deep and watered with phd water.

They are now under a humidity dome under very low Lighting till I set my T5s up.

Monster Moby
189334A0-0EE9-4149-B9B3-FACF1FF6FBC6.jpeg

D03BEFAA-D144-4F2F-A4EF-6610C2130A59.jpeg

Gelato Dream

010C4C7D-8D27-4909-8FBA-1EB2919C0E0A.jpeg
1294AF4F-A1AF-4C71-880B-1C0547624AEE.jpeg

If anyone has any advice on these particular strains I would love to hear it ?

or used seed banks before?

Anesia Seeds
Blimburn seeds
Monster Genetics

Also currently looking for seeds for my Autumn grow :):yummy:
Thinking of going with just Sativa for the next one but who knows ?! Would love to hear any thoughts.
Looking good.
I'd get the vent open on the domes so I could remove them. Let them acclimate until you can take it off.
I like to get them into the room air asap. I find they are healthier if not grown too long in a dome.
Just my 2 cents. :thumb:
Bill

Looking good.
I'd get the vent open on the domes so I could remove them. Let them acclimate until you can take it off.
I like to get them into the room air asap. I find they are healthier if not grown too long in a dome.
Just my 2 cents. :thumb:
Bill
Thanks Bill vents are open!

Day 3
After another massive stretch I’ve been forced to pot my leggy broads into 1 litre pots very soon I know!
ive added mycorrhizal fungal powder and they are now under T5 light wave unit
662D64AF-6F8E-4C8B-8774-0DF32BDF8712.jpeg
58DC6ABF-70F6-456F-B5D8-F3469BB42A27.jpeg

Pics of Cindy 99 to follow as no bigger pots for her yet.

first little set of leaves coming in on all seedlings.
Hopefully stretch will stop now under proper lighting.

Have just given a little water today and removed humidity domes.
Should be enough feed in the soil for 7 days I think but will see.
Will be setting my new extraction fan up today have a silenced one supposedly so here’s hoping.

Day 6
Cindy 99 x3
Gelato Dream x 3
Monster Moby x3
All feminised
60 /40 coco and peat lite mix medium with perlite
Shogun Start nutes half measures
T5 light unit

Little plants looking good today did have a tiny stretch,but the leaves catching up now.
Gave them a little feed today with Shogun Start which is especially for seedlings. I did only use half the recommended dose however.

1495B6DE-3097-44D8-8A1B-1E46E52ECCB3.jpeg
161D9813-39CB-4780-8926-2D697D13EB65.jpeg

How big should they be before I place them under LEDs ?

I think I waited too long on my last grow before I used the hps so I don’t want to make the same mistake again as it cost me a lot of weeks vegging :rolleyes::confused::cool:

Thanks for looking everyone :Namaste:

F10BFA28-6ABA-4F41-859B-6856F92A07F9.jpeg

Day 6
Cindy 99 x3
Gelato Dream x 3
Monster Moby x3
All feminised
60 /40 coco and peat lite mix medium with perlite
Shogun Start nutes half measures
T5 light unit

Little plants looking good today did have a tiny stretch,but the leaves catching up now.
Gave them a little feed today with Shogun Start which is especially for seedlings. I did only use half the recommended dose however.

1495B6DE-3097-44D8-8A1B-1E46E52ECCB3.jpeg
161D9813-39CB-4780-8926-2D697D13EB65.jpeg

How big should they be before I place them under LEDs ?

I think I waited too long on my last grow before I used the hps so I don’t want to make the same mistake again as it cost me a lot of weeks vegging :rolleyes::confused::cool:

Thanks for looking everyone :Namaste:

F10BFA28-6ABA-4F41-859B-6856F92A07F9.jpeg
Hello @Salcapone39 great looking girls.
I usually let them grow at a few nodes before I slide them into the veg room under full led's.
Mind you I have lots of time to let them veg.
I'd wait a week and see how well they are growing before I hit them with a low watt led.
Just my preference. Others might have a different method.
Bill

Hello @Salcapone39 great looking girls.
I usually let them grow at a few nodes before I slide them into the veg room under full led's.
Mind you I have lots of time to let them veg.
I'd wait a week and see how well they are growing before I hit them with a low watt led.
Just my preference. Others might have a different method.
Bill
Thanks Bill I will give it a while yet then.

Back
Top Bottom