Sativa flowering time grown indoors

Rahthestoner

Hey guys
I bottom line is I couldn’t get any clones or seeds to start my next grow. When I finally got seeds there were just random seeds giving to me by a friend that mainly smokes wat we call bush bud (sativa).

So when it came to throwing out the males I got my hand on 1 lemon skunk clone so I was like sweet I’ll just keep it and throw away all the sativa plants and just keep the lemon skunk as iv had bad bad luck growing sativa indoors in the pass.
But then I looked and thought these sativas look really beautiful so I kept them and as soon as I had roots on my clones that I got of my lemon skunk clone I put the lemon in with the sativas (lemon skunk was pretty big by now ) and turned lights to 10 on 14 off.

Now this is wat I want to know.
I pulled the lemon at 9 weeks it’s now half way thru week 11 and some look ready and others look way off even going of the thricomes now take in mind that these were random seeds so most of them all look different. So my question is how long can or should I let them go for????

Not knowing anything about the seed there is little to say. There is nothing really to talk about as anything you learn from it would be irrelevant unless you got a hermi seed to reuse or cloned them.

You have to go off the tric colors and choose your flavor. Some like more amber some not. Waiting is better usually...2 weeks more than you want to is about right. When you think it is done wait 2 more weeks...unless you can look at the trics and know how to judge the whole plant examining it. There are great threads on here about that stuff. Many Sativa go 15 or even 21 weeks. And it is worth the wait.

What sux is putting in all the effort and harvesting before they are ripe.

Good Luck!

Not knowing anything about the seed there is little to say. There is nothing really to talk about as anything you learn from it would be irrelevant unless you got a hermi seed to reuse or cloned them.

You have to go off the tric colors and choose your flavor. Some like more amber some not. Waiting is better usually...2 weeks more than you want to is about right. When you think it is done wait 2 more weeks...unless you can look at the trics and know how to judge the whole plant examining it. There are great threads on here about that stuff. Many Sativa go 15 or even 21 weeks. And it is worth the wait.

What sux is putting in all the effort and harvesting before they are ripe.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the info man knowing that they can go for that long I’ll just do as iv done with my indicas I’ll just keep them growing until the thricoms are where I like. I wish I did clone because some of them look amazing and others smell better then my lemon skunk.
Again thank you for the info

Maybe these will help you get a better idea of where and when you want to chop!

CE6FD29F-D5D0-4677-A5D3-6A3ACC03B091.jpeg
71CC77BD-7180-4584-9060-50760F51D706.jpeg

Hey guys
I bottom line is I couldn’t get any clones or seeds to start my next grow. When I finally got seeds there were just random seeds giving to me by a friend that mainly smokes wat we call bush bud (sativa).

So when it came to throwing out the males I got my hand on 1 lemon skunk clone so I was like sweet I’ll just keep it and throw away all the sativa plants and just keep the lemon skunk as iv had bad bad luck growing sativa indoors in the pass.
But then I looked and thought these sativas look really beautiful so I kept them and as soon as I had roots on my clones that I got of my lemon skunk clone I put the lemon in with the sativas (lemon skunk was pretty big by now ) and turned lights to 10 on 14 off.

Now this is wat I want to know.
I pulled the lemon at 9 weeks it’s now half way thru week 11 and some look ready and others look way off even going of the thricomes now take in mind that these were random seeds so most of them all look different. So my question is how long can or should I let them go for????
Can you post a pict? Do you get good results on you 10/14 light schedule? I have not done that but would like to save electricity

Hey Dutchman 1990 I have been going of that for a while now I just thought sativa might be a little different. Thanks mate.

Ok digler420 I’ll try post some pics I just took and for the 10 on 14 off i only tried it this time around for 2 reasons first was I read it speeds up flower time for sativa the other is my solar covers 95% of the power in my room so it don’t effect my power bills much at all.for results well iv never grown lemon skunk before but I got 9.6 ounces dried I was shocked I got that much but also very happy.it smokes great but it’s only been in jars for 5 days so it’s still got a few weeks to go before full taste smell and smoothness.

Ok so I’ll try post pics they will be full plant then main bud.

Attachments

• C1658F15-8715-4617-AF54-E49674E0FD8A.jpeg
    C1658F15-8715-4617-AF54-E49674E0FD8A.jpeg
    592.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 729A284E-87F1-4627-B3A7-B976F28BC75D.jpeg
    729A284E-87F1-4627-B3A7-B976F28BC75D.jpeg
    560.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 9E15068F-F86C-4006-B116-8E6DC217EEAD.jpeg
    9E15068F-F86C-4006-B116-8E6DC217EEAD.jpeg
    619.8 KB · Views: 115
  • C846EBEA-BB13-4671-B7D7-C6FFBCA8D595.jpeg
    C846EBEA-BB13-4671-B7D7-C6FFBCA8D595.jpeg
    559.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 7B96C3BA-8DE9-4F4F-AB6C-78B2952A3E2A.jpeg
    7B96C3BA-8DE9-4F4F-AB6C-78B2952A3E2A.jpeg
    576.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 8FF6CE01-799C-4340-9DBF-864EAA32E2BF.jpeg
    8FF6CE01-799C-4340-9DBF-864EAA32E2BF.jpeg
    475.4 KB · Views: 114
  • C13C8ADB-B01E-4E2A-B3A3-F5C4C5A7C441.jpeg
    C13C8ADB-B01E-4E2A-B3A3-F5C4C5A7C441.jpeg
    542.3 KB · Views: 135
  • F268D87B-B130-4ABE-88C8-562EA367F3CD.jpeg
    F268D87B-B130-4ABE-88C8-562EA367F3CD.jpeg
    526.5 KB · Views: 112
Hey Dutchman 1990 I have been going of that for a while now I just thought sativa might be a little different. Thanks mate.

Ok digler420 I’ll try post some pics I just took and for the 10 on 14 off i only tried it this time around for 2 reasons first was I read it speeds up flower time for sativa the other is my solar covers 95% of the power in my room so it don’t effect my power bills much at all.for results well iv never grown lemon skunk before but I got 9.6 ounces dried I was shocked I got that much but also very happy.it smokes great but it’s only been in jars for 5 days so it’s still got a few weeks to go before full taste smell and smoothness.

Ok so I’ll try post pics they will be full plant then main bud.

Ok you should know that I turned to flower when these were very small as I didn’t really want them but now I wish I let them get a bit bigger. I am still learning.

Always grow your plants out! You never know what you may get, even off a runt of a batch of seeds! That runt could grow up to be one of the most impressive yielders of your crop... just my two cents tho! Haha
Thanks Dutchman 1990 I will be from now on that I can sorter see wat they would look like. I have about 100 more random seeds so I will be giving them ago when the ones I got finish.

Thanks Dutchman 1990 I will be from now on that I can sorter see wat they would look like. I have about 100 more random seeds so I will be giving them ago when the ones I got finish.
Hey Dutchman1990
I have another question so when I trim (cut most of the suger leafs off roughly) when should I give a good trine to make it look beautiful.
After the dry before jars or after the 2 to 3 weeks in jars???

This is wat they looked like before I put them in jars.

Attachments

• 82506CCA-C05C-4191-9F03-2711EB8B282F.jpeg
    82506CCA-C05C-4191-9F03-2711EB8B282F.jpeg
    644.1 KB · Views: 104
That is a personal choice kind of thing really and depends on how you are smoking it, as a lot of trichs there you would be cutting off and wasting (unless you making kief/hash/concentrate out of the cuttings but that's a whole nother ball of wax ;) ) . Personally mine never get trimmed as tight as that pic even, but I use a bubbler so more like a bowl load or jay than a 1 hit load so the sugar leaves soak up the oil and it wastes less in my opinion. But you will find opinions all over the place on this one, and not one of those is really a "this is the only correct way to do it", as "bag appeal" makes no matter to me and really only a factor if one is selling it as high end flower (mine is for me and family and given away from time to time to others within the laws in this State (can't sell it or trade it but you can give it away to folks over 21) ), so folks can't "look a gift horse in the mouth" ;):rofl: so to speak. So one of those "to each their own" kind of thing.

Hey Dutchman1990
I have another question so when I trim (cut most of the suger leafs off roughly) when should I give a good trine to make it look beautiful.
After the dry before jars or after the 2 to 3 weeks in jars???

This is wat they looked like before I put them in jars.

I agree with Dwight that it is a personal choice of how finely you want to trim your buds. When trimming I would do it before I have jarred it but that’s just a personal choice! You can try it both ways and see if you like the results of one way better than the other! It’s all learning what’s best and what worid for you.

Those buds looks nice too! Great job!
Hope that helps ! Green days my friend!

Thanks guys I’ll take that all on board and try a few different ways till I get it where it’s best.
At the moment at 1 week in jar the taste smell and smoothness is all there.
Dwight monk I do make hash or kief to make wax well my last crop I did for the first time and it turned out great so no wastage here I try not to waist anything that’s good.

Thanks guys yous have been a great help.
Here is my wax from last crop

Attachments

• BA56A75E-A094-4E6F-B8A6-549E039D5D81.png
    BA56A75E-A094-4E6F-B8A6-549E039D5D81.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
Thanks guys I’ll take that all on board and try a few different ways till I get it where it’s best.
At the moment at 1 week in jar the taste smell and smoothness is all there.
Dwight monk I do make hash or kief to make wax well my last crop I did for the first time and it turned out great so no wastage here I try not to waist anything that’s good.

Thanks guys yous have been a great help.
Here is my wax from last crop

Nice! yeah I don't have time to mess with concentrates, that and I prefer the sugar leafs on the flowers..... but I'm just old school or weird :rofl::rofl: it's one of those two and I'm not sure which ;) . Sweet looking bud too, don't change up what you are doing too much, as you seem to have it dialed in pretty good, and if smell and smoothness there after only one week you are doing something right for sure :thumb:.

Nice! yeah I don't have time to mess with concentrates, that and I prefer the sugar leafs on the flowers..... but I'm just old school or weird :rofl::rofl: it's one of those two and I'm not sure which ;) . Sweet looking bud too, don't change up what you are doing too much, as you seem to have it dialed in pretty good, and if smell and smoothness there after only one week you are doing something right for sure :thumb:.

I’d say old school because I don’t like any concentrates I just did to see if I could lol but then gave it to my mate who loved it. Thanks as well for commenting on how well I’m doing I just love to learn more as I go along.
Thanks

I grow Sativa... Last one I ran went 120+ days and could have gone longer. Not sure why you wanna do 10/14 light cycle. Many of the long running sativa are equatorial so they get equal lighting. I wouldn't do anything less that 11/13.

For sativa and in your pic the one plant with the big white pistol covered top looks like a sativa. They just keep putting out more new white pistols. Very difficult to go by trichome color as they just keep growing more new ones.

What I look at is shape of calyx. Note the shape and size all thru flower. When many of them start to withdrawl pistols then they are done.

Again sometimes they don't even do that. I usually harvest them when I see a nanner pop out somewhere. Could be anywhere from 90 to 120+ days. If everything in the flower room is stable and nothing to stress the plant environmentally, they will go longer without any nanners.

I grow Sativa... Last one I ran went 120+ days and could have gone longer. Not sure why you wanna do 10/14 light cycle. Many of the long running sativa are equatorial so they get equal lighting. I wouldn't do anything less that 11/13.

For sativa and in your pic the one plant with the big white pistol covered top looks like a sativa. They just keep putting out more new white pistols. Very difficult to go by trichome color as they just keep growing more new ones.

What I look at is shape of calyx. Note the shape and size all thru flower. When many of them start to withdrawl pistols then they are done.

Again sometimes they don't even do that. I usually harvest them when I see a nanner pop out somewhere. Could be anywhere from 90 to 120+ days. If everything in the flower room is stable and nothing to stress the plant environmentally, they will go longer without any nanners.

Hey thanks for the knowledge I take everting in and use wat I need when I need everything helps good or bad info.
I do 10/14 because I read it somewhere it can speed up flower by a little I only did it because I had massive issues with sativa I tried it 4 times 4 different ways and all of them died and it was the last setting in my timmers plus it works well with my solar so when my bills come in I don’t really notice with my room(2x 400w hps a big carbon filter 2 fans 1 in take fan 1 air raider And 1 pump)

I think I might just wait another few weeks and see wat happens and if they get bigger well bonus but if they don’t well bonus as they were random seeds plus it’s been a few years since iv had good sativa and these look and smell amazing.
Will post harvest pics when the time is right.

Nice on solar, that's a challenge with HPS. Switching to LED can save 1/2 your power with close to maximum ppfd. I've been running 1200w of COB LED for 8 plants. But the cost is much higher for the LED hardware. You'd get the cost back over time on-grid but with solar I'm not sure. I guess catch 22 - pay for the solar and less on light fixtures... long run you're gonna be way ahead. I'd guess if you went all out with everything it wood take forever to get return (well until harvest time).

With sativa the plants get REAL big for indoors. I usually just run 1 or 2 and put them in the corner. Big yields but it averages out. 1 plant a pound dried trimmed but 2x time to harvest = bigger risk & equal yields at the end of the day. Just comes down to do ya wanna grow sativa. Sounds like you do.

I'm real interested in your solar setup. That's the way to do it.

Nice on solar, that's a challenge with HPS. Switching to LED can save 1/2 your power with close to maximum ppfd. I've been running 1200w of COB LED for 8 plants. But the cost is much higher for the LED hardware. You'd get the cost back over time on-grid but with solar I'm not sure. I guess catch 22 - pay for the solar and less on light fixtures... long run you're gonna be way ahead. I'd guess if you went all out with everything it wood take forever to get return (well until harvest time).

With sativa the plants get REAL big for indoors. I usually just run 1 or 2 and put them in the corner. Big yields but it averages out. 1 plant a pound dried trimmed but 2x time to harvest = bigger risk & equal yields at the end of the day. Just comes down to do ya wanna grow sativa. Sounds like you do.

I'm real interested in your solar setup. That's the way to do it.

Hey Mate again thanks for some knowledge.
My solar system is a 4kw grid connect now I can see if I’m using grid power or if im running on solar most days I don’t use any grid power Manley solar power.
So I got solar put on then before they changed my metre I could turn things on to see wat I could and couldn’t use for free as the old spin around metres would go backwards so I worked it out of that.

Back
Top Bottom