Scarfinger68's - Soil - CFL - Aurora Indica Journal - 2013

Nice, you do anything to get rid of spider mites?
I caught it early. I didn't actually see any adult spider mites. I saw the white speckle spots on the leaves and I saw little eggs on one leaf.
So... I just threw the plant out (it was a clone I raised). I then sprayed all the VEG plants with "Captain Jacks Deadbug Brew". It listed spider mites in its kill list. It contains "spinosad". I found it at a local store that sold plants. I sprayed the clones 3 days in a row and my other plants 2 days making sure I got under the leaves also. I also replaced "Hot Shot" No-Pest strip.

Lookin good Scar...........nice job:thumb:

Thanks.

Scar, great journal. I'm just starting my first soil grow and I've gotten a lot of advice from yours. Thanks!

Your Welcome! Just remember that there is more than one way to grow. Actually there are so many different way to grow that it can get confusing sometimes.

*Just do what works for you and learn from your mistakes. :thumb:

:peacetwo:

where are the signs of nutrient stress?

So basically I added ferts to early. I fertilized twice before the transplant at day 32ish. FFOF is definitely good for 30 days without needing any additional fertilizers. For one... I added flower nutes that I had mixed up at about 2 weeks of VEG. I had just a little bit left over and I thought, it can't hurt that much to use them? Then about 2 weeks later I gave them some VEG nutes.

PH didn't seem to be off that much, guessing high 5ish to low 6 PH. But the symptoms look more like a lockout then a burn.
P10007701.JPG

P10007713.JPG

P1000773.JPG

So I am just watering with a little extra runoff for now. It has been a couple days and I don't think things are getting any worse.

I did add more garden lime this round. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Honestly, I am not even worried about it.

Looking good Scar
Are you preferring the one gallon containors going into flower better now?
Well you transplanted in em for the nest round lol..It looks like its working out:)
I need to transplant here like yesterday, hopefully tomorrow I do
Do you use fresh soil for transplants and each grow?

I always use new soil. FFOF amended with some garden lime. So I have been experimenting with bigger containers my last grow and this grow. The only problem with bigger pots is that you get bigger plants. My space is small, about 25 inches of grow height. I am trying to see if I can manage the height of the plants in bigger pots. The plan is to grow less plants but bigger. I have grown in 24 oz. cups up to 10 plants in my 2'x2' box but I can't say I like taking care of 10 plants. It is basically the SOG technique and you don't VEG long (1 week to 2 weeks) and you just let them grow naturally. But you have to take multiple clones and then take care of multiple plants. A lot of work.

I am hoping to grow 2 or 3 plants in one gallon pots. But to get the same yield (my current crop in flower will help confirm this) I have to apply multiple techniques of LST and topping.

So 10 plants in 24 oz. cups x 10 grams = 100 grams dry
Or
3 plants in 1 gallon pots x30 grams = 90 grams dry (I got 40 grams on my first 1 gallon pot plant). I could always toss in another plant in a small container to max out the grow space if need be. Or perfect growing 40 gram plants for 120 grams dry each grow.

1st plant grown in 1 gallon pot: Snow White, Veg'd 2.5 months, LST/HST/topping techniques, 40 grams dry harvest.
P10005072.JPG

yes nutrient burn for sure.. but it looks like they will be fine for sure! thats probably calcium burn because I had the same issue!

that girl in bloom looks BOMB

yes nutrient burn for sure.. but it looks like they will be fine for sure! thats probably calcium burn because I had the same issue!

that girl in bloom looks BOMB

P10007713.JPG

Calcium burn makes sense. I added extra garden lime this time which may have contributed to the burn. Hmm... Reminds me of a time when I put some garden lime in the bottom of a pot when I transplanted once. I did get this same burn/markings that time as well. But that time I actually removed the garden lime and the burn stopped and I didn't have any problems after that.

That girl in bloom was a clone I experimented with. I did some root trimming when I transplanted her to the gallon pot. Then I practiced some FIM'ing/topping/LST and HST with her. Even with all the abuse, see turned out beautiful. Here is another picture of her.
P10004023.JPG

I'm with you scar, not that big a deal, the plant will make it for sure, just a little stress. Other than that, the grow looks great man. I have some AI seeds that I wanna grow sometime soon, supposedly a very strong strain. I'm here till the end, keep up the good work. :thumb:

Not much going on with the Aurora Indica. I watered them today with some extra runoff again.

I will up date you on the flower room.

Ice and Snow White 39 days of flower: Watered and fertilized them again. Last feeding was 2 days ago.
ICE from seed in the gallon pots. Snow White clones taken at day 21 of flower last grow in the square pots at the end.
P1000774.JPG

ICE in the flower box
P1000785.JPG

all together
P1000791.JPG

P1000789.JPG

P10007903.JPG

Hopefully in about 25 days the Aurora Indica with be going in the Flower Box

Aurora Indica 41 day of VEG

Topped for the second time: I tried to show an illustration of the first topping showing 2 offshoots in (blue). Then, second topping will produce another 2 offshoots (green). Basically producing 4 tops vs. 1 top.
P10007921.JPG

group:
P1000793.JPG

Watered AI's. Water and nutes for the ICE and Snow White.

*I wanted to comment on some smoke I had last night, "Chemdog OG kush". I can't say what company it is from. It was told it was called Chemdog/dawg? Kush by a friend that brought it over.

It had a slightly sour/lemony smell to it. Killer smell if you ask me.

I can't say how it taste. I am no good at that yet.

The High? Holy Hell! It was the strongest stuff I have every smoked. I took 2 good hits off a joint. Bam! Instant head high. It was different than the indica's I have smoked. This stayed right in the head. I felt like my head was floating and tingling. I still got the slight time/space distortion I tend to get but it was different because I didn't feel anything in my legs like I do with an Indica. Usually an Indica makes my knees feel like they might buckle/unsteady like.

It stayed in my head and moved a little to my shoulders. I decided to lay down. I dozed off. I was actually drooling. Then the indica side kicked in. My body felt like it weighed a 1000 pounds. Like I was stuck or something was pushing me into the couch. This lasted a good 2 hours dozing in and out.

Man I really want to grow some of that... :)

diesel is chemdawg x super skunk x n.l.

og kush is chemdawg x hindu kush

chemdawg is the lemon. I bet you super lemon haze is chemdawg x haze aka liberty haze

I grow a lot of chemdawg (diesel and ogk verisons) I want some haze or white strains :thumb:

diesel is chemdawg x super skunk x n.l.

og kush is chemdawg x hindu kush

chemdawg is the lemon. I bet you super lemon haze is chemdawg x haze aka liberty haze

I grow a lot of chemdawg (diesel and ogk verisons) I want some haze or white strains :thumb:

I was trying to look up Chemdawg kush and there are a lot of confusing info on it.

All I know is the smell was killer and it kicked my butt. Well, I am a lightweight. My wife didn't get the same effects I did but she smokes everyday and I only do once or twice a month.

Back
Top Bottom