Scroggin In The Greenhouse Blueberry OG Kush, WW, Scooby Snacks #1

their coming along nicly jim!!

The medium I am growing in doesnt do well if the ph is left unchecked. The bag may say organic but I wouldn't call it a ph balanced medium. If so I would have never had a ph issue.
what type of soil and nutri are you using again? perhaphs do a slurry mix test and you'll see what the actual reading is
@MrSauga might be able to explain better.

what type of soil and nutri are you using again? perhaphs do a slurry mix test and you'll see what the actual reading is
I'm using a cheap no count soil and fox farm nutes. I test pH before and after mixing nutes if that's what you mean. The damaged plants prob happened when I had no pH meter and was winging it with those worthless pH test drops. I flushed them twice and slowly fed for a few weeks. Nothing seemed to help. So, as growing goes...I killed'em and moved on..lol. One thing I do love about a greenhouse is the number of plants I can grow and not worry about space or headroom. Makes it easier to throw out the weaker ones and just roll with the winners.

I couldn't find an ingredient list for that product but their non organic product does contain lime which buffers the nutes to the correct range.
If the organic Baccto doesn't contain lime or humus then chances are it's not going to buffer the nutes. Any medium that has either of those ingredients will naturally buffer the nuted solution, regardless of what the pH of the mix is.
Promix and Fox Farm Ocean Forest are perfect examples of this.

I'm using a cheap no count soil and fox farm nutes. I test pH before and after mixing nutes if that's what you mean. The damaged plants prob happened when I had no pH meter and was winging it with those worthless pH test drops. I flushed them twice and slowly fed for a few weeks. Nothing seemed to help. So, as growing goes...I killed'em and moved on..lol. One thing I do love about a greenhouse is the number of plants I can grow and not worry about space or headroom. Makes it easier to throw out the weaker ones and just roll with the winners.
I just read this correctly, lol your nutri are FF not your soil. I kept thinking your soil was FF hence why i was saying don't ph it

I couldn't find an ingredient list for that product but their non organic product does contain lime which buffers the nutes to the correct range.
If the organic Baccto doesn't contain lime or humus then chances are it's not going to buffer the nutes. Any medium that has either of those ingredients will naturally buffer the nuted solution, regardless of what the pH of the mix is.
Promix and Fox Farm Ocean Forest are perfect examples of this.
I just read this correctly, lol your nutri are FF not your soil. I kept thinking your soil was FF hence why i was saying don't ph it
Lol....yeah, I woulda been much easier with a buffer soil but considering I needed a lot with many 7gal bags and 21, 2gal bags. At $30 per 1.5cubft we're talking about a lot of money. With smaller numbers it's fine but I'd already dumped money into gh construction/materials. I've got my eye on some plain sprag moss bales I can amend myself next year. Some kind member already posted the recipe in this thread.
I kinda expected issues with this grow but considering I've not grown in years and I basically threw everything together as cheaply as possible. Next year it'll be a different story. This year I need a head stash. It's been a long long dry spell...lol

The scrog screen is doing fine. Got most of the undergrowth cleared out and pretty much still just leaving it alone till it quits stretching. Then a minor adjustment and done. All of these under the screen are the latest flowering ones I have. They appear to be a little behind the others which is fine with me. Harvesting in stages seems to be whats going to happen in the end anyways.
aBOwYhv.jpg

:popcorn: Watching to see the minor adjustment you mentioned

And lastly, this is a BB/K I allowed to live. She seemed to be bouncing back but no mater what I did the spindly, light colored growth continued. I had a few others do this as well. Not strain specific either. This effected 1 SS, and 2 WW's with the very same thing. I've since scrapped the others and just letting this one go. I feed her run off from the others at this point. I'll get something from her regardless.
ezdKhL8.jpg

M1aCNbj.jpg
Looks very similar to my Afghan that started out tall and spindly-lanky but came on filling out as she stretched into late flowering phase.. Plants like these look as though they want to revert back to a wild form growing in misty high elevations.. I think it's worth growing it out to see it's potential.. I inadvertently set up roadblocks for myself setting early parameters in the grow booth along with final pot size, so if i had a do over, I would have brought them up on MC from the very beginning, and not waited to start them on a new set of nutes at week 7 veg.

Side Note: Your clone clippings I think are perfect.. Taken at the proper sections of the plant..

Lol....yeah, I woulda been much easier with a buffer soil but considering I needed a lot with many 7gal bags and 21, 2gal bags. At $30 per 1.5cubft we're talking about a lot of money. With smaller numbers it's fine but I'd already dumped money into gh construction/materials. I've got my eye on some plain sprag moss bales I can amend myself next year. Some kind member already posted the recipe in this thread.
I kinda expected issues with this grow but considering I've not grown in years and I basically threw everything together as cheaply as possible. Next year it'll be a different story. This year I need a head stash. It's been a long long dry spell...lol
I think with soils, It''s OK to stretch them by cutting in some premium Fox farm stuff, maybe 1/4 or half and half.. whatever you can afford.. I think like you said, your going top shelf with the nutrients so I think it's a good compromise..

:popcorn: Watching to see the minor adjustment you mentioned
The more I look at it those minor adjustments might not even happen. The screen is full and I don't have to worry about head space so I'm thinking why disturb them anymore. Indoors I'd still be training but since Im in the gh I've come to believe maybe I should just leave them alone and see what happens. I'll remove a few fan leaves here n there and maybe guide a branch to a bare spot but other than that I don't see any real need to do anything drastic. Just let nature take its course and wait. Next year I will not have a screen. I want to grow some trees in larger containers...lol

Hello folks. I got a late start this year due to some delays in the greenhouse construction and health issues but by memorial day I managed to have many wee ones popping up. I will be doing two scrog screens for this grow. It's been many years since I've grown at this level so this should be fun. This will not be my first scrog attempt. However, it is my first in a greenhouse. Last year was the first time I'd cracked a seed in over a decade. So, this will get interesting to see just how much I've forgotten and how much I will learn.
***A word on feedback. Please do not hesitate to tell me I'm wrong or have gone full blown retard. I'm learning all over again. Yeah, I remember how to do some things but I gotta humble myself and be open-minded. You experienced up to date growers have a lot to offer and I am thankful you are here and willing to share. Bust my balls if that's your style. I have a thick layer of skin and can take it.
IMG-20200627-161348008-HDR-copy-600x450.jpg

IMG-20200627-161311816-HDR-copy-600x450.jpg

IMG-20200713-145823661-copy-600x450.jpg

My greenhouse is a diy 32'x14' hoop design with center being roughly 7.5' high. The front part is 20'x14' and contains a few raised beds for tomatoes n peppers. I'll add more to the front next year but for now it conceals my ladies from sight. A small divider separates and hides the rear 12'x14' section where all the fun stuff happens.
The sides roll up and the rear wall has two large windows. The front door is an old repurposed storm door with all glass removed. Air flow has been good so far even though it's been in the 90s lately and very humid. I am hopeful the humidity will taper off at least half way into flowering. I put a stand alone oscillating fan in there and it stirs up the whole area pretty good but I may opt for a second fan before they get into the 4-9 week bud stage. I hope they make it. I refuse to buy weed so it's this grow or nothing.

Here are the strains I will scrog this year. All seed is from Premium Seed Market out of Oregon. Decent prices and great service.

This is a list of what I started for the season but starting from seed will cut these numbers down once I weed out the boys and underachievers.

10 Blueberry OG Kush
10 Scooby Snacks #1
50 White Widow (seed from last yrs small seed grow. I cracked a high amount of that seed this year to choose the best 10 and cull from there.)

Medium: Baccto Organic potting soil. I used this on a few tobacco grows the past few years. Pleased with it's performance. It's not a fancy cannabis soil but it's doing okay I think. I've also added some
Earthgro organic hummus and manure to stretch out the soil.

Nutrients: FoxFarm Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, Powder Beastie Bloomz, Cha Ching, Open Sesame, Sensi CalMag, Botanicare Silica Blast, GH PH down or Root Farm PH down

***Silica Blast...a word or two about this product. I have used this in the past for indoor grows but never a hot greenhouse. The description says it helps the plant in hot and cold environments. Is this true? I dunno but I'm gonna find out. I have good ventilation but southern heat is brutal. All I can do is pack in the mulch and hope this stuff can produce results as stated. I'm not naive enough to believe every word written on a label so I'd like some input from you guys.
***I am currently trying to read up on the organic grows posted here. I'm okay with being able to read plant deficiencies and stuff like that. I guess I didn't forget everything...lol. But eventually I'd like to cut down on cost and I'm guessing organics will...Am I wrong?
Next year there will be less plants since I can clone and know exactly how many ladies I'll have. I'll post my future plans for the gh later in this thread.

Upon starting this grow I had no nutrients so I made horse shit tea and let it soak with fresh grass clippings. With the shit tea, molasses, and pH down they stayed pretty healthy and green. Normally you gather all the material you need before starting a grow but I was pretty occupied with getting the gh up. Oh well, shit tea happens...right..lol.

After a short vegging I force flowered my young plants in order to cull the boys. Started on 6/6 and by 6/20 I had identified my males and culled out others that showed poor traits. Undoubtedly I will cull a few more as I go. I did it this way because I knew I was using screens and had to eradicate the boys before throwing them under there. I could have bought some fem seed but damn they are expensive. Once I get my winter box grow going I'd love to learn how to make some fem seed but until then it's reg seed or nothing.

7/4 the numbers below are what I will grow out for the remainder of this season.

Scooby Snacks#1 (7 total). 5 are under the large screen and two are stand alone grows.

White Widow (5 total). Three of the widows showing awesome traits are under the other end of the large screen and two are in a stand alone large pot .

Blueberry OG Kush (6 total) Four will be under the smaller screen and two will be stand alone grows. These are some beautiful and vigorous ladies. No doubt the fastest growers of the entire lot.

7/10 They have all fully converted back to the veg stage and in doing so they have exploded with growth. The widows seem to be a reveging slightly slower than the others but they are moving right along.

Let's talk about the screens. Two of them for this grow. One 6'x3' and the other is 7.5'x3.5'. They are anchored into the ground and roughly 18-20" from soil to screen. The light is positioned 94.4 million miles above the grow so I'm not particularly concerned with a light footprint...lol. My small screen is repurposed from a 4ton ac unit. The larger one is repurposed from an old dog pen the neighbor had. He was going to throw out a huge roll but I saved it from destruction. I now have enough to make a scrog 150' long. Wouldn't that be a beautiful site. Maybe someday but not today.

Typically my plant numbers under the screens would be much less. Usually I'd put no more than two under a 4x4 screen indoors but I've ended up with more girls than I bargained for and I refuse to compost a perfectly good girl. So, I'll make room and make what I have work. I am expecting a little overcrowding by the time I get into the flowering stretch but I'll just have to wait and see. Maybe by starting them a little late everything may work out fine. This outdoor growing is a learning curve for me. I'm guessing I have about one month before the stretch starts for my region. If they overflow the screen I have plenty of room to add even more screen if needed but this could turn into a shit show before it's over. Overgrow or not I should end up with some nice bud this fall.

I don't have any pic of early on but here's what my stand alone girls are looking like so far.
One was accidentally topped when a seedling. Normally I opt to bend, twist, and torture my ladies verses cutting off their heads. To me that slows the growth. I'd rather bend my girls over and let the hips get fat. Just my way of doing things. Nothing wrong with decapitation if that's your style...lol

7/18 Did I mention I got a late start? I just got my fox farm nutes and the Sensi cal mag today in the mail. So, since these ladies are pretty far along into the veg I'm mixing up a little over the normal weekly feeding of big Bloom, grow big, cal mag, molasses and of course a little pH down to start off. I will gradually up the ppm as I go. I've never used fox farm products before so I'm not sure how the girls will react. Kinda winged it from the chart they sent. Not sure why it said use Bloom for my veg stage but I figured a little flowering nutes wouldn't hurt. Learning as I go.

7/20 The feeding went well. No negative effects. Freaking hotter than hell today...94 but feels like 104 is what the weather man said. My poor ladies need a damn air conditioner..lol. But they seem to be doing okay.

Did some training in the screens today and removed a few large leaves blocking light. Normally I remove leaf on a regular basis on a indoor grow but have let them get a little shaggy out in the greenhouse.

7/23 This is a white widow and to me she looks like I didn't feed her enough. No burnt tips. Just lighter green coloration spewing from new growth. What's your take on it? I've since given her a stronger solution of nutes and await her response. I hope I did it right. I just couldn't wait around and let her go hungry.

Nothing new to report really. Did a little more screen maintenance today. Watching plants grow is like watching paint dry. Is it October yet?

Well, there it is. My 2020 project. Updates coming soon.
Love this set up, would love to do this type of grow, I'd even live in the greenhouse , my next house will definitely be in the country,

Love this set up, would love to do this type of grow, I'd even live in the greenhouse , my next house will definitely be in the country,
Hey bear, thanks for stopping in. The gh has been a adventure and at times I believe I do live out there...or at least that's how the wife puts it... :rofl:
Living out in the rural areas is peaceful but you also kinda give up convenience. Especially when your trying to locate grow needs. It's pretty much Amazon/eBay or nothing.
I hope ya get that plant in before anymore bud rot hits. Good luck!

Here's an example of the quicker development you get from a pair of pliers...lol. I did something I normally would not do. I put two plants in one 7gal container. Why? I dunno. I think I just threw it in there because I was out of bags. Who knew they would both end up on the final show.

To separate them a little I grabbed the trusty old pliers and went to work. My wife was out there with me when I started. She cringed when she heard the large stem crack. Even yelled at me to stop...lol. I crushed the stem enough to bend it in the direction I wanted but not enough to where she couldn't still support herself.
xByocwS.jpg
RLFXLmW.jpg

Today this is the damaged Scooby Snack plant. It is a few steps ahead of the other in the same pot. Below this you can see the other plant has a little catching up to do. Maybe I'll giver a boost..lol.
5h9iSd0.jpg

sU3no8B.jpg

Even though I've had two other plants hermie on me I am looking forward to growing them again next year. They will have larger pots and a much longer veg period but at least this year looks like I'm going to have some premium bud.

thats one fat stem Jim. if head space isn't a issue then why bending her?

thats one fat stem Jim. if head space isn't a issue then why bending her?
Because I like inflicting deep tissue damage upon the things I love... :rofl:

I think I have a bug problem.... :rofl:
ho6W4JG.jpg
Very cool!
The more I look at it those minor adjustments might not even happen. The screen is full and I don't have to worry about head space so I'm thinking why disturb them anymore. Indoors I'd still be training but since Im in the gh I've come to believe maybe I should just leave them alone and see what happens. I'll remove a few fan leaves here n there and maybe guide a branch to a bare spot but other than that I don't see any real need to do anything drastic. Just let nature take its course and wait. Next year I will not have a screen. I want to grow some trees in larger containers...lol

I transplanted this plant last weekend into my first experimental screen. I see your idea of letting her just grow and that sounds right up my alley. Just a little guidance for best light. There are no rules, right? Did you "weave" the branches? I don't know what to expect over the next 8 weeks but am game. Just want to make sure I didn't miss an important step. :nerd-with-glasses:

Very cool!

I transplanted this plant last weekend into my first experimental screen. I see your idea of letting her just grow and that sounds right up my alley. Just a little guidance for best light. There are no rules, right? Did you "weave" the branches? I don't know what to expect over the next 8 weeks but am game. Just want to make sure I didn't miss an important step. :nerd-with-glasses:
Yes, there are no rules. I like the small screen project. I would have gone a little larger in screen size but it's kinda late in the season and you'll be flowering soon. The stretch will overtake that quickly so manage what you can while you can. I'd even train them outside the frame with a screen that small. No rules...lol. I always work from below on a scrog. Let the growth grow through 4-6in and then pull from underneath and guide the branch...tie it in place if it's being stubborn. I never weave over...always from below. Once they end the stretch you can weave anyway you like but until then it's just easier to work from below. Scrogs are fun and productive but after this years experience in the gh I see no need for a screen in the future. I plan on building a large grow box in the gh for winter grows and will prob scrog that but in the summer I think I'm going to grow some trees with some regenerated clones.

Back
Top Bottom