Greenhouse Girls: Gelato, Super Skunk, Blueberry 420 & An Afghani

Did a lot of bending this week.
Nice job Bush Doc! I'm loving your greenhouse grow. :passitleft:
Those girls are seriously big, i can not wait to see the size of the colas on your plants. There is going to be so much bud coming outta there i hope you've got a plan for it all :rofl:
I worked about 1/2 pound of high P bat guano into the soil of each plant and watered in today.
Sounds good!
Are you seeing any signs of pistils pushing or are these girls just vegging like mad?

If I bought another, I'd upgrade to 10 mil fabric. I had to replace my back wall after 6 years, and it was 7 mil. I do take the top off in winter. It's about a 10 minute job, and 20 minutes to put it back on in the spring.

Bush Doctor, what area are you located? [edit: just found the answer after reading the full thread) Here in NW WA the 6 mil UV plastic lasts a long time. Can you tell me which model you purchased? I like the idea of being able to remove the cover in winter. My homemade greenhouses have to suffer winter storms as I can't remove the plastic.

Just starting phase change and quit stretching.

Flowers soon - wont be long now! woot

Shit that hoop house aint cheap. I'd have to grow a pound of weed to pay for that. lol :passitleft:

Shit that hoop house aint cheap. I'd have to grow a pound of weed to pay for that. lol

Sorry to butt in but most people don't realize that DIY greenhouses and grow tunnels are easy and inexpensive. I built two greenhouses, one 10'x20' and another 14x20'. Their total cost was probably less than $500. I'm planning to do a third 10x20 this winter and it will be under $300. The trick is to cover a canopy-type frame shelter with UV protected greenhouse plastic. I just bought a frame like this from a guy on Craigslist for $30. The shelter had been damaged by a storm and he couldn't deal with it. I will have to replace 4 legs with steel pipes or tall posts, then add some wood strips to the frame in order to attach the plastic skin.

Add some anchoring and braces as needed and away you go. My greenhouses have held up well for many years.

Greenhouse is getting full. It's been very warm here and low humidity @ 95F and 25%RH. The greenhouse is substantially warmer @100F+ with higher humidity. I'm giving them about an inch of water every couple of days. Did a lot of bending and thinning this week.

Attachments

• DSC01793.JPG
    DSC01793.JPG
    672.4 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC01794.JPG
    DSC01794.JPG
    701.9 KB · Views: 130
It's a fuckin jungle in there brother. Those plants are monsters :adore:
With every thinning session it must feel like you're getting nowhere - the amount of leaves are unreal.

It's a fuckin jungle in there brother. Those plants are monsters :adore:
With every thinning session it must feel like you're getting nowhere - the amount of leaves are unreal.
I've mostly cutting little thin interior suckers, and weaker branches growing from the bottom of main branches.

Yikes!!! I bet that got the heart pumpin' !!!
I love your greenhouse!! All but one of my gals outgrew my hodge podge greenhouse in no time. Beulah is now to the top - about 9 or 10' and I am now bending the side branches over and this was after she was topped. How do you deal with excess heat??

Hey Bush - how do you deal with the heat?? - even with my house totally open and two fans going I'm pushing 30 - 32 some days - do the ends open??
Next year I'm thinking of building something that trollies off to leave them totally exposed but covered at night or during rain, etc.

I called Farmtek yesterday to see exactly when I bought the greenhouse. I put it up in spring 2013, so this is my 7th crop. I get several pounds a year, so it has paid for itself many times over.

Hey Bush - how do you deal with the heat?? - even with my house totally open and two fans going I'm pushing 30 - 32 some days - do the ends open??
I have an 18 inch exhaust fan in the front wall, and they get a lot of water. Plus I have an oscillating pedestal fan for circulation inside the greenhouse.

Hey Thanx guys - I feel better now - I had thought anything over 30 was bad - maybe it's just bad for me!!
Now, can you get my 39 Ford 9N to start??
Air temp is almost irrelevant. Our concern is the leaf surface micro-clime. Here, with low humidity, as long as I move a lot of air around, the leaf surface stays cool through evaporation. I'm at 3700' with mostly blue sky, so lots of radiation to deal with, but the plants don't show stress. I don't even monitor greenhouse temps any more. Just another thing not to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom