Seedlings 2nd: Black Lime Bubba & OGKBV2.1 Cross

Nice haul! Looking forward to your next grow! And yes, TN freebies are pathetic...

I was wondering last night if you had something I could read/listen on the history of cannabis in Quebec? I'm interested to know if we have such thing as a northern "landrace", the origin of the N39 strain (or is it M39?) and what were the popular strains in Quebec at the end of the '90. I'm also interested to know who are our local breeders.

Cheers,
:passitleft:
The freebies are fine....but what I am buying is way better than the no name copycat stuff they make. Canada is known for having these breeders that have cheap deals on copycat seeds with unknown genetics. They should be boycotted imo.....but the best I can do is to not buy/run them.

Honestly.....I don't know a lot about Quebecs history. I know a lot more about Ontario (cause I grew up there) and BC (lived there for a decade working in Cannabis).
I have been recently thinking about trying to find someone locally that has a bit of history. Mostly so I could have access to clones. I have an old friend that is pretty connected, but there is a bit of a roadblock due to the fact they have addiction issues.

I know people at the local shops, but I generally keep a low profile and live in isolation.

The freebies are fine....but what I am buying is way better than the no name copycat stuff they make. Canada is known for having these breeders that have cheap deals on copycat seeds with unknown genetics. They should be boycotted imo.....but the best I can do is to not buy/run them.

Honestly.....I don't know a lot about Quebecs history. I know a lot more about Ontario (cause I grew up there) and BC (lived there for a decade working in Cannabis).
I have been recently thinking about trying to find someone locally that has a bit of history. Mostly so I could have access to clones. I have an old friend that is pretty connected, but there is a bit of a roadblock due to the fact they have addiction issues.

I know people at the local shops, but I generally keep a low profile and live in isolation.
Thanks seedling. I'll continue my research. Let me know if you stumble upon some information. :headbanger:

Thanks seedling. I'll continue my research. Let me know if you stumble upon some information. :headbanger:
There is David Perron of The Green Organic Dutchman in Valleyfield. Large scale cannabis farm. I want to see if I can go for a tour and get a chance to talk to him. He is on Tad Hussey's podcast series cannabis cultivation science. Dream job right there.

There is David Perron of The Green Organic Dutchman in Valleyfield. Large scale cannabis farm. I want to see if I can go for a tour and get a chance to talk to him. He is on Tad Hussey's podcast series cannabis cultivation science. Dream job right there.
Nice. Organic farming.. and you can buy online with a prescription.. interesting!

But SQDC doesn't have their product it would seems.. shame!
They don't want people to know what proper cannabis is.....it seems. They want to control large scale production and keep costs as low as possible. Exactly how they do our food. Looks along with high CBD/THC% for their packaging (even testing now seems corrupted) and profit is all they care about.

As far as the testing is concerned....a lot of breeders are doubting the results are real and feel that the industry is corrupt.

With legalization there are a lot more people having samples tested. Different labs can give different results for the same product and labs can give a higher % to win over more clients. Kinda like what happened with the housing market crash.

As far as the testing is concerned....a lot of breeders are doubting the results are real and feel that the industry is corrupt.

With legalization there are a lot more people having samples tested. Different labs can give different results for the same product and labs can give a higher % to win over more clients. Kinda like what happened with the housing market crash.
Yeah? Any online article I could read about this? This is quite big if true...

Yeah? Any online article I could read about this? This is quite big if true...
I haven't researched it that much and only heard it mentioned in spoken interviews by multiple breeders. It isn't hard to see it happening. People want high % so they can charge more/sell more and the labs are being greedy. They could even be paid off privatly to give higher %. The industry is super competitive.

Straight THC% or CBD% is a bad way to evaluate things anyway. In the same conversations they could mention something like Chemdog testing at 16 or 17% THC and blowing something with 25% + out of the water after smoking them. There is more science to it than we currently understand or one of those numbers isn't real.

I'm a little thrown off with the 0% germ rate. Only thing I can think of is hot soil. I am gonna wait longer just to make sure they are dead. Usually when I have some sort of issues in germ....I tend to change up my choices cause it feels like a sign. If all 4 are goners I will pop 1 more of each and probably choose another 2 strains to add to the mix.

I also had a conversation with someone (experienced with IHG) about IHG finish times. I was thinking I was gonna harvest between 50 and 60 days.....but I think I might try and push all four plants between 65-70 days. The reason being that they show thier individuality when left to fully finish. I am after a narcotic end result. That adds on a couple weeks longer than planned, so the fumble on the new plants is still on schedule.

20200421_220505.jpg
20200421_220325.jpg
20200421_220312.jpg
20200421_220000.jpg
20200421_215943.jpg

Bummer in the germ, my mms run was second run soil and those plants loved it.
I didn’t get one complaint with that run hell I actually have people begging for more :ganjamon:
I’m popping those long cure jars I had set aside so I’ll be able to really review the strains. I will say I look forward to running PuTang in a larger pot :passitleft:

Bummer in the germ, my mms run was second run soil and those plants loved it.
I didn’t get one complaint with that run hell I actually have people begging for more :ganjamon:
I’m popping those long cure jars I had set aside so I’ll be able to really review the strains. I will say I look forward to running PuTang in a larger pot :passitleft:
If things were normal I would have had them in straight PM...

a little annoyed, but that's how it goes huh? I only really have access to my old coco mix that I have around for house plants.....not sure I want to start them in that though. I might try and see if I can get to the hardware store and pick up some fresh PM.....I might just wait another week and hope they poke through the surface.

If they are dead.....definitely gonna reassess my situation. I only have 3 KA5h left and feeling a bit protective of them. Only gonna try one more of those and keep the last 2 for another run. I have a ton of stuff to choose from......so I will have to meditate over it.

I haven't been updating about my cuts. All the cuts that were taken before flip are goners. The one Black Lime cut (I think it is the taller pheno) monstercrop has rooted and waiting on her to reveg. I am really tempted to cut the smallest side branch/bud of each Deluxe Slrbs to try and save cuts....they are pricey and turning out pretty impressive. I think monster cropping is the only way I can go for cuts. They just don't need the humidity and are much healthier cuts that can handle a bit more abuse. They take much longer to turn around, but no race here.

After some 420 mag searches and sifting through posts about hot soil and seeds burning up. For some reason I thought 2nd run would be fine, but clearly anything beyond 1st run should get special treatment until they are established. There is also some people avoiding the roots dusting powder....

So today I am gonna try and make some babies. I have no idea what I want to start....but I am nervous about losing more of the Killer A5. Since this is experimental I will pass on that strain for this run. Gonna break out my seed stash and look for the stuff I have high numbers of and most likely freebies in case disaster strikes again...

Bummer on the seeds brotha. Your flowering girls are looking proper. really nice. If you don’t mind refreshing me how did you take your cuts? Hoping you didn’t follow my cloning tutorial and fail. Check it out if you haven’t already. Hope your well seedling.
One love

Back
Top Bottom