Sensi and The Bandit - A Grapegod, OG Kush & Mutant LA Woman Journal

Highly happy birthday to you banditio!

May every harvest be more bountiful and beautiful than the last.

Yo OB....err I mean Bandit. Y'all gonna hand Ears, I mean Tubs his first certified Texas Longhorn goring? I believe it will be certainly be a different game than it was when the mad scientist was at the helm, but not going to be too difficult I wouldn't think....course you can't EVER underestimate anyone nowadays (ask Frank Beamer about that sometime). We have Duke and even though they are Duke, David Cutcliffe was a Bryant man and will have his team ready to play. I think they will probably score more than 3 on us, but they won't be able to shut down our offense. Tide by three tds I am thinking. Anyhow, happy birthday and really love your stuff. Easily the most innovative grower on this site IMHO......Roll Tide and Hook 'em Horns.

HHS

Only one thing I like more than delivering a beat down to OU is taking some Red Raiders out behind the woodshed and opening a can of whoop ass!
Should be a good game. They're a veteran team and we're playing up to 14 freshman in our first two games. But we're Texas and they're Tech. The more things change the more they stay the same. UT 40 - TT 20:)

I feel you on the "we are Texas and they are Tech"...we feel the same way about schools like Ole Miss. Yeah sometimes they sneak up and beat us, but more often than not the results stay the same.

I feel you on the "we are Texas and they are Tech"...we feel the same way about schools like Ole Miss. Yeah sometimes they sneak up and beat us, but more often than not the results stay the same.

LOL! Yep! Them 'ol boys think it's arrogance and they hate us for it but we call it swagger. This program was built to last. Much like Bama, OU, & Ohio State. We play big boy ball and are looking for titles every year. Schools like TT, Ole Miss, Boise, among others I consider ankle biters. They just hope to beat the big boys one time out of ten tries and they hang their hats on that one win for a decade acting like they won a title just because they may have prevented us from winning one. It just makes us want to pound on them even harder! :)

I remember when I was in school and going to the football games. Go Sooners! Although I don't even sport the crimson colors anymore...:hookah:

I noticed the mycellium filled bag. I've 'grown' those before when I played around with mycology. Hope its working for your ladies!:cheer: - Really liking your layout...in good order sir, good order indeed!

:welcome: to :420: and thanks for stopping by my journal! You picked a good time to segway back into the mycelial co2 test!

A little birdy told me some time back that I should try cloning without a humidity dome and add co2 enrichment if possible.
The theory being that the humidity was only needed at the stem for complete saturation 24/7 and that the co2 would keep the leaves healthy and perky so that when the clone was put into veg, it would basically hit the ground running and veg time could be reduced.
I finally got around to trying this idea this week. I have no idea about the science behind hit. I can only try it, note the effects, and then decide to keep the technique around or not.

The co2 enrichment is in fact coming from the mycellial mass inside the boost bucket. This is indeed a viable method of a co2 generator. Today testing has confirmed the air around the ebb n flo tray is just below or at 1000ppm!

IMG_055210.JPG

Another test will be done at thirty days and then again at 60 days. When the ppm is below 500 I'll examine the mass inside the bucket to see what I have. If it's something nasty and repulsive I'll stop this plan out of fear that it could make me sick. If it's nothing more than simple compost like it should be I'll continue with the plans for the 5 gallon co2 generator.

Here are two pics of the co2 enriched clones in the ebb n flo tray. So far I like what I see. Morale is high in the group and they look like they're just waiting on roots and then the party will start!
These cuttings have been in here for about 3-4 days. The tray floods for 5 minutes every 25 minutes. The light is T5HO. It's a four tube fixture but I have it switched to only run the two outer tubes and it is on a 18/6 cycle.

IMG_05584.JPG

IMG_05545.JPG

Today was one helluva day for the 'ol Bandit.
I turned the ripe ol age of 37 today and my wife made it a very 420 day!

My wife though not officially (she's way too modest) has now dubbed herself a 420 Girl!

She also surprised me with some super cool glass. If you've read any of my journals you should know by now that I'm a collector of fine glass. These two pieces fit perfect in my collection

IMG_01368.JPG

IMG_01377.JPG

And now to top it all off I believe I won the NOTM today!

What a bday! My wife declares herself a 420 girl, hands me some glass that we load up with the NOTM buds, I cash in a coupon ;), and now I'm gonna watch this box set of The Muppet Show. I think I'll start with the Alice Cooper episode. :)
Life is grand boys & girls! Life is grand!

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!

:cheer::theband::tommy::theband::tommy::cheer:
:slide::slide::slide::slide:
:tokin::hookah::smokin::blunt::cool:;):smokin::grinjoint::tokin:

Sorry I am late to the party:wood:
I hope you had a great birthday and:thanks: for all you do here at 420Mag:goodjob:

BTW I hope the brick turns to simple compost and does nothing to make you ill.:goodluck:

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!

:cheer::theband::tommy::theband::tommy::cheer:
:slide::slide::slide::slide:
:tokin::hookah::smokin::blunt::cool:;):smokin::grinjoint::tokin:

Sorry I am late to the party:wood:
I hope you had a great birthday and:thanks: for all you do here at 420Mag:goodjob:

BTW I hope the brick turns to simple compost and does nothing to make you ill.:goodluck:

Thanks Brother Wingman!
Me too on the brick! I think I should also get a mold test kit and take tests on that as well as the co2 just to be sure I dont have a mold generator too! :tokin:

High Bandit! Those babies really look good. I'm diggin' the whole CO2 experiment. Thanks for adding the updates, I too look forward to the results. If it works well, I have a spot to try it. ;)

Great to see you're using a unique method of co2 gen. I have a funny feeling though...because the mycellium is a bed for fungus to grow from, you know? Just seems a bit out of place. How did you make up the mycellium, or did you buy it as is? Is it a more affordable way of the ends your getting at? I may be off on a tangent (it seems I usually am!) :Rasta: just thinkin' out loud :thumb: :goodluck:
When I think about it, I really think its a cool addition. Being able to produce the co2 organically and quite productively, it seems, is going to pay off I hope!

Great to see you're using a unique method of co2 gen. I have a funny feeling though...because the mycellium is a bed for fungus to grow from, you know? Just seems a bit out of place. How did you make up the mycellium, or did you buy it as is? Is it a more affordable way of the ends your getting at? I may be off on a tangent (it seems I usually am!) :Rasta: just thinkin' out loud :thumb: :goodluck:
When I think about it, I really think its a cool addition. Being able to produce the co2 organically and quite productively, it seems, is going to pay off I hope!

yeah this is a dicey venture! Alot of questions still need to be answered and i think time is the only thing that can provide those answers.
Info on mycellium masses can be brain swelling! Information overload!
I think there's two ways this can go... The mass is harmless and is nothing more than some mushroom like fungus growing on manure or rotting wood like you see in nature or it's a nasty incubator for mold and fungi. I think it's the first one. I think the mass is dead or dying and is decomposing. The decomposition is emitting the co2 and I draw the gas from the bucket with air pump.
My grow room is warm and dry. 84 degrees and 40% rh. I dont think those are conditions suitable to grow mushrooms so that's why I think the mass is dying. Plus it's in a white bucket which is not light proof.
The mass was bought as is in the ExHale bag. No additives have been used. It seems to be the same thing as what's sold in the co2 boost buckets.
My previous experience with that product tells me that in about 70 days when the co2 is exausted there is nothing more than a bucket of compost that can be emptied in the garden outside or in a compost pile.
What I understand about this is very limited. I'm kinda finding out as I go as i monitor it and other growers like yourself chime in here or thru pm about what I'm doing with this. The consensus seems to be that it's a good way to get co2 if it's done right and I agree with that.
My only problem is that I dont understand a whole lot about what the mass is and how it comes to be but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! :Rasta:

I probably have a different take on co2 in the grow room than others. My experience has told me that an abundance of fresh air w/out co2 will give me huge yields and knock out potency. After seeing these results the idea of cylinders or a gas powered generator are out of the question. I see them as a waste unless you're running a large commercial op or have no way to inject fresh air.
When I first had the chance to use the co2 boost bucket I noticed that it had it's best effects on the plants in veg and preflower. So I've always thought that if i could come up with a clean, economical, and yet effective co2 delivery method for veg and preflower plants I would use it without needing to adjust my fresh air intake and exaust.
And so here we are today. All this thinking and idea brainstornming has brought us to El Bandito and his bucket of 'shrooms & poop trying to gas some clones. :tokin:

Here's an update on what's been going down over the past week.

OG Kush on the left & right. Auto Haze in the center

IMG_05623.JPG

Grapegod

IMG_05632.JPG

IMG_05746.JPG

White Widow

IMG_05705.JPG

IMG_05725.JPG

IMG_05733.JPG

IMG_05693.JPG

IMG_05673.JPG

IMG_05662.JPG

This little feller helps me tend to the outdoor ladies

IMG_05596.JPG

000_0550.JPG

Indoor Mamas. These plants are almost 3 1/2' tall from stalk to top. Not too bad for only 192 watts of T5HO

IMG_05765.JPG

Ebb n Flo Clones. It's been 7 days now. Shoud start seeing roots soon!

IMG_05759.JPG

Hey, Brother. It's been awhile since I had time to get on. I'm glad to see the anole is still hanging around the garden. I'm sure he takes care of business. I wish my growing season was as long as yours. I can hardly wait to chop mine, but my patience remains high. Later, Bandito.

As always Bandit, great work. Some of those outdoor ladies look better than most indoor that I have seen! Happy B-day(belated I suppose)!

Thanks for stopping by guys! The rains every other morning with hot sun in the afternoon is working the magic. Last week I fed them some Soluble and that's been it for the past two weeks as far as care on my part.
So far i've pulled well over a lb from 4 plants with maybe a full oz of dead loss from catepillar damage and subsequent rotted areas from their havoc.
All is good though. I have way more bud than i need. Time to make some hash!:yummy:
The lizard is a bad ass! I saw him take down a big grass hopper the other day. I call him Marshall Matt Dillon. :Rasta:

It's mold testing time for the mycellial co2!
I found this kit at Home Depot for $10.

IMG_05864.JPG

Basically it will show me if this thing is pumping mold spores into the air along with co2. If I want to know exactly what kind of mold it is if there is any I must send the petri dish to a lab in Florida along with $30 to recieve the results via email. The kit did come with a prestamped envelope.

I have it set up so that the co2 air tube is blowing right on the petri dish. This testing goes on for an hour and then the dish is covered. The dish is then checked at the 48, 72, & 96 hr marks to determine if there is mold.

IMG_05874.JPG

Back
Top Bottom