Sensi Silver Haze #9 & 300W LED Grow

MrRudeSnowman

Hi,

Back in the day i bought some seeds from Sensi. At that time i had no idea i would not be able to finish the grow outside due to long flowering time and clime i live in. So i decided to dump CFL & HPS combo and go all LED with this grow to see what's can be done. So, let's get started!

Strain - Sensi Silver Haze #9, 80% Sativa

In Veg stage - planned time 3 weeks

In Flow stage -...

SCROG

Soil for seedling - soil mix terra nova, vermiculite, anti-disease bacteria, guanokalong powder, water ph 6.5

Pot - undecided, but it's gonna bee a big one.

Light - 300W LED by Mars Hydro

Place - dedicated 1st floor room

Nutes - Organic humus extract with NPK, Organic humus extract with micro, Guanokalong extract

Some pics from he first week:

IMAG0683_zz.jpg

IMAG0691_zz.jpg

IMAG0703_zz.jpg

IMAG0715_zz.jpg

IMAG0718_zz.jpg

re: Sensi Silver Haze #9 & 300W LED Grow

I'm using the same light on my grow, it's been a pleasure to grow with so far. Keep your light the correct distances from the plant, and you're going to be happy with the results :thumb:

Good luck on the grow!

Yeah man, those where pretty cheep and so far so good. What is your suggestion on distance? I think my top cola from other finishing grow is 40cm.

Start around 24-30" 61cm-76cm and adjust as needed. I started at 33" 84cm and noticed some stretching of the stem of my seedling, so I moved the light down closer to around 20" 51cm.

For Veg I ended up keeping the light between 18"-22" 45.75cm-56cm. And kept the same height at the start of flower.

About 1 week into flower, the stretching caused some leaves to get too close to the light 12"-14" 30.5cm-35.5cm, and had some leaves growing deformed, as you can see here:

So I moved the light back up to 16"-18" 40.5cm-45.75cm.

Now I'm on day 30 of Flower, and my light is 14" 35.5cm above the plant, and I have no signs of light stress, burning, or deformed leaves. (I just moved the light down to this distance 3 days ago if I remember correctly)

Start around 24-30" 61cm-76cm and adjust as needed. I started at 33" 84cm and noticed some stretching of the stem of my seedling, so I moved the light down closer to around 20" 51cm.

For Veg I ended up keeping the light between 18"-22" 45.75cm-56cm. And kept the same height at the start of flower.

About 1 week into flower, the stretching caused some leaves to get too close to the light 12"-14" 30.5cm-35.5cm, and had some leaves growing deformed, as you can see here:

So I moved the light back up to 16"-18" 40.5cm-45.75cm.

Now I'm on day 30 of Flower, and my light is 14" 35.5cm above the plant, and I have no signs of light stress, burning, or deformed leaves. (I just moved the light down to this distance 3 days ago if I remember correctly)

Antics is correct. In veg I try to keep things higher. I had a bit of bleaching on a plant that just went into flower (My wife's Ice) because the plant grew to close to the lights in my veg cabinet (I can't raise the light any higher.) In my flower closet, I don't move the light, I raise and lower the plant. I use an old box of 8x8" tiles and I stack them under the pots to move the plant where I want. For example, Ice is stretching now. She has grown at least 2" in the last 2 days. I removed some tiles to keep the tops of my plants even to the light. When they are bulking up on the buds, I try to get them a little closer 14-16". I think it helps to make denser buds.

Nice man! Thanks for all the info. I figured some stretching is unavoidable since you can't put led in plant's face like with cfl's. I think it's not going to matter later on. In my case - sativas are pretty stretchy by nature so i will try some scrog this time.

It takes a little time to get the hang of the distances, but once you have it, it's super easy to adjust as needed. If it's too close, the leaves grow deformed, but normal color. They look like something ate sections of leaf, or they'll have short/distorted leaflets. If you see that, you just have to raise the light, and obviously you know if you see stretch, that you have to lower it a little.

So with all that said, you're set to kick ass on the grow man. I just compared my plants bud sizes with the LED vs the same length of time in Flower under CFLs, and the LED that uses less than half the wattage has noticeably larger buds. (150-170w vs. 361 CFL actual watts, not equivalent)

I'm hoping to get some cash together to buy another one of these lights in the future.

Long awaited update - going strong, very vigorous plant. Since i am afraid of sativa's long stature i decided to use LST and sort of make main stem grow alongside the ground. Hopefully will move this to greenhouse in two weeks.

No nutes - just PH'd water, i was lucky to find an awesome local soil company. I added some guanokalong powder and boom. I don't plan to use anything else that guanokalong extract during late flowering.

IMAG079210.jpg

IMAG078810.jpg

It's going to grow outside without any space limitation so i thought... i let it go wild on it's own. Topping to me is all about control and i don't need it. It's gona be long summer so i will let it go giant. And it will, it's been under 20/4 so far... take it outside and it goes huge:D

Yes mate, i want to keep it natural. I have had best success so far by doing so, don't want to risk with my year's most important grow.

So i have this and two indicas - Northern Lights and Medical Mass. Fingers crossed :D

Little update.

I ended up topping the plant to control the height. So far so good. Temperatures where low in last few weeks so i ended keeping plant inside up til now. Summer is about to kick in 4 real... i sense an epic yield :D

IMG_014944.JPG

Yeah man, it pretty big. Still temperatures drop to low during night. It does not like that so will have to use heater, not bringing it back in again.

Back
Top Bottom