Should I start over with stretched seedings?

nicklin0410

Hey guys, a growing newbie here. I set up my light too high and left my house with my just germinated seed in the pot. Now after a week they stretch too much and become floppy. The tallest is about 15-20 cm high. So, should I bin them all and start over? or is it not a big deal as long as I fix the distance of my light?

I know that I can bury them deaper when I up pot now. But what if I am growing a auto? I learned that auto dont' like transplant so I started with a big pot already.

I am using mars hydro 144 reflector with soil grow

fiuGE2j.jpg

ZW6yTVR.jpg

No need to throw them out, I find that is a waste. Try keeping them staked up so they will stand up. You can still add some more soil to the pot if you'd like and possibly mound it up some towards the middle. The more area of that stem you cover the more roots will grow. You can also indeed transplant auto's.. A lot of people don't like to and will just start them off in a 3gal pot so they don't have to, but I myself start them in a solo cup for the first week or so and then transplant to my final pot long before they start to show preflowers.

Bury 'em deeper. They'll be fine. Besides, you have nothing to lose. :high-five:

They look stretched now because they are young. But they WILL fill in, their stems will thicken, and they will be fine. PITA is correct, as always, however.

You can repot it deeper any time, even laying the stem sideways under the soil, like you do tomatoes. by the next day, the growing tip will have turned up towards the light, and roots will grow all along the buried stem.

Dont rush in burrying them, give them abit of time for the stem to solidify abit, as young stems are sensible and moist soil can cause fungi troubles.

Back
Top Bottom