Skunnymonster's Multi-Strain Perpetual LED Grow

Tassie, I'd love to come but in reality, I'll spend the rest of my days in my little old house :)

Lobster!!! Now, we're talking. The best memory I have of my wedding day & my entire marriage come to think of it, was the lobster, there was only one on the table & I ate the full thing all to myself :laugh:

Them Rock Lobsters got no claws but their meat is sweeter than a norther lobster claw
some grow 3 feet long

Chuck me a cold one bro spitting feathers here. I could sneak in and just stay right at the
Bottom of ur inverted triangle of rock, what is the geology of Tass if you are really bored. I'd honestly like to know.?

Excellent! I'll put that on the itinerary...

Yep lobster...mmm round these parts...everyone has a lobster pot out in the channel...I know you hate me :)

The best way to eat lobster...ok this is TD's eff everyone I'm outta here escape...

(usually check local weather conditions....we don't tend to do that here...you have a look south..SSW....at the horizon over antarctica, and make a prediction ...oh a good tip...if when you're backing your boat down the ramp....the boat rises and falls rapidly in your rear view mirror....stay home....it's a bit choppy...:) )

Ring your mate with the boat...(thats the key...he's gotta clean the effin thing after!)

Take a day to haul gear, kids, and camping crap to ...well we have our places.. :)

As you go drop a few pots in the channel and take a wide berth round the bottom of B Island...deeper water....then curve back to where we go....get setup, play with kids...

Setup a fire the next morning...billy on the jib ...huge pot of water on the boil....everyone is asleep, they'll dig the heat when they get up...it can be as low as 2 or 3C first thing in the morning, even in summer :)

Quick blast out and around B. Island, big loop sweeping back through the channel...we'll look for prawns with lights as they run the channel..it's early...dark....but it's a good time to be alive :)

As each pot comes up, the lobsters are halved lengthways and plunged into iced water, drowned in lemon juice or lime...packed in the freezer box...prawns...they're handled with less care...and are dumped in hold....2 hours round trip give or take...about 5am back at the beach.

Him and I will dump a lobby each on the coals to colour them and increase the flavour..the lime has already cooked them by the time we get back....

Everyone is asleep. The sun rises over B. Island...cracked pepper and rock salt on top...Tassies Lobster a la Naturale...
Irish coffee from the boiling water....roll a number....finish it off....:)

The kids start making noises...the world sparkles :)

I got five acres and about 10 rooms available over 2 houses...about a 2 hour trip with a decent boat to some of the most southern uninhabited parts of the world .......who's really good at cooking lobster over an open fire?

Chuck me a cold one bro spitting feathers here. I could sneak in and just stay right at the
Bottom of ur inverted triangle of rock, what is the geology of Tass if you are really bored. I'd honestly like to know.?

Sedimentary...sandstone.. alot of tas and australia is deep river/ocean pathways....some lower crust uplifts or inclusions resulting in granite and basalt outcropping.

Acidic, high mineral content...low....can't remember...low organic and shallow top soils...constant erosion from the type of geography and also botany...shallow rooted generally trees and plants compared to northern hemisphere.

That's why I think the girls do so well outdoors here..if only there was a longer season!

:)

Excellent! I'll put that on the itinerary...

Yep lobster...mmm round these parts...everyone has a lobster pot out in the channel...I know you hate me :)

The best way to eat lobster...ok this is TD's eff everyone I'm outta here escape...

(usually check local weather conditions....we don't tend to do that here...you have a look south..SSW....at the horizon over antarctica, and make a prediction ...oh a good tip...if when you're backing your boat down the ramp....the boat rises and falls rapidly in your rear view mirror....stay home....it's a bit choppy...:) )

Ring your mate with the boat...(thats the key...he's gotta clean the effin thing after!)

Take a day to haul gear, kids, and camping crap to ...well we have our places.. :)

As you go drop a few pots in the channel and take a wide berth round the bottom of B Island...deeper water....then curve back to where we go....get setup, play with kids...

Setup a fire the next morning...billy on the jib ...huge pot of water on the boil....everyone is asleep, they'll dig the heat when they get up...it can be as low as 2 or 3C first thing in the morning, even in summer :)

Quick blast out and around B. Island, big loop sweeping back through the channel...we'll look for prawns with lights as they run the channel..it's early...dark....but it's a good time to be alive :)

As each pot comes up, the lobsters are halved lengthways and plunged into iced water, drowned in lemon juice or lime...packed in the freezer box...prawns...they're handled with less care...and are dumped in hold....2 hours round trip give or take...about 5am back at the beach.

Him and I will dump a lobby each on the coals to colour them and increase the flavour..the lime has already cooked them by the time we get back....

Everyone is asleep. The sun rises over B. Island...cracked pepper and rock salt on top...Tassies Lobster a la Naturale...
Irish coffee from the boiling water....roll a number....finish it off....:)

The kids start making noises...the world sparkles :)

I got five acres and about 10 rooms available over 2 houses...about a 2 hour trip with a decent boat to some of the most southern uninhabited parts of the world .......who's really good at cooking lobster over an open fire?
U in NZ or OZ ? either is a place I'll go before I die
Lived in Alaska love to fish need I say more ?

Zombie...Tasmania...little island off the bottom of oz..just incase you weren't sure...and you're welcome any time :)

....see and Alaska is one of those places I'd like to go...before then :)

Yep, and green lipped abalone, ..we don't bother with crab much...spoilt :).....oysters and scallops...as long as it's not around habited areas...your good to go :)

Licensing blablablablablabl....ok....I'm a good boy and always observe limits etc...I want my kids to be able to enjoy that experience...well you know what I mean ok :)

AHhh stoned agian , tasise that way over my head till now ,
yeah love to go there while traveling to OZ or NZ
beach party & BQ

Is there no gold or gemstones in Tas, Tassie?

Ahh...british sinicism...someone had to come in with it...ouch... :rofl:

nO, actually, not much of that sort of thing...I...have a tendency to go away mate...away from others as much as possible....oops...but, look, I only moved here...12 years ago..by ..confluence of influences...ha...

I'd had everything arranged...mate had a pieice of floor, and I had a job...ok..on the boat to tas....one car load...short wheelbase mitsubishi...everything...I wanted to take with me..

I'd slept on the highway the night before...i didn't make it to hobart. To tired..started drifting off. That's what the van was for anyways.
Next morning im in hobart. Hungry, go past hobart wharf. It's cold. Cold as. Mt Wellington was peaked white.

The fish and chip shops are operated by...either a mate, or partner of a boat and owner...every one has their value adding along with just normal wholesale fish mongering.

One was open, I thought...ok, chips and coffee...or whatever they got...cold ...sterile...fishy...yep, coffee and chips for breakfast...ok..well..its fililng.

INside was a sit down area...foggy windows...laminex benches red vinyl seats..Im eating. Looking up at mount Wellington...gently rocking...it pontoon...each shop is...a boat....

I'm looking up at Mount Wellington as snow starts falling....all around...I'm at sea level...and have never experienced anything like that before..

Well, mate...it struck me. And i haven't wanted to leave for love nor money since...it's truly a pretty place. And yes, there are still bits where people haven't been...well mostly..there's no evidence about...boat is the only way to be one of the firsts....I've just been lucky enough to land here, and meet people who knew, and who could... :)

Come on Skunny, I got plenty of them...Look you can go to the tip shop and pick up a lobster pot for $10-15, licence for $50, and pull 3 per day min 105mm Female..110mm male...(Head measurement) from November to well female season just stopped..males until august...

ummm...Max 10 per boat. Max 10 in possession....yep house, car, boat, in total...so for recreational fishing...summer is the time for prawn, lobbies, shacks and beeches...Not kidding...look it up :)

Back
Top Bottom