Coco - Northern Lights - 2015 - 1st Grow - 300W LED - Old Mars Hydro

Hey man I'm on here right now searchin this site lookin to c what's wrong with my own , first northern lights grow lol and happened on your journal. I'm right there with u man what's the problem y aren't they taking off? Mine r from crop king I'm using my own soil mix but it does have a good bit of coco in it .. Hmmmm? But I have a 600 watt MH so plenty light? Check out my journal if u could. " reddog1981 first time northern lights grow"

Hey man I'm on here right now searchin this site lookin to c what's wrong with my own , first northern lights grow lol and happened on your journal. I'm right there with u man what's the problem y aren't they taking off? Mine r from crop king I'm using my own soil mix but it does have a good bit of coco in it .. Hmmmm? But I have a 600 watt MH so plenty light? Check out my journal if u could. " reddog1981 first time northern lights grow"

Hey buddy, I like your dog! Haha

Having a bit of a hard time finding your blog. Chuck it in your signature if you can through your settings so I can take a gander.

IMO the reason why I have suffered a bit during the beginning of the sedling phase is twofold (though I am still experimenting to see what is best)

1) The canna coco mix i am using is the "professional" version. This means it has absolutely zero of anything in it nute wise. In my first seedlings I think this mixed with point 2) below meant they were slightly stunted. I would suggest a mild growth nute wash of the soil prior to planting the seeds in the future (plus some mag-cal and some root stim). Or if your seeds are sprouted and a bit slow start a very mild growth nute input (stress mild). I will post pics of my plants most recently - they have recovered but unfortunately any stunting will impact autos later - mine are fine, but small!

2) Plant your seeds, water them and leave them alone! I cant stress this enough. My first seeds, I was so excited - checking them, moving them around (from heater to water cupbpard etc etc) when I should have just let them be. Put a little dome over the soil where they are planted and don't kill them with over loving them! I learned this on my next seedling experience when I did the steps in 1) and everything was going well, I got over excited and watered it too much! Now I have another stunted auto on my hands.

All in all - the next time I plant a seed I will leave it be - Less is best.

I hope this helps, and I will take a look at your blog after work today!

Peace brother!

Well I know it has only been 8 days since my last pics but here goes -

Def getting flowers on my little J-Low - but i am going to keep the Veg/Grow nutes going for at least one more week, before I switch to my Sumo boost and PK a little bit after that. Keeping them on growth nutes for 1 week longer then originally planned will be fine right? I mean they only just started flowering - with MJG (the 10L air pot) being not so much in flower as J-low (3L fabric pot).

My little seedling isn't taking off due to some overwatering but I have a backup NL in some soil ready to catch up and potentially replace my stunted seed.

We shall see!

IMG_63938.jpg

J-Low
IMG_63947.jpg

MJG
IMG_63957.jpg

Seedling
IMG_63969.jpg

Hey man thanks for responding back and searching for my journal also all the info? I dunno how to put the address thing on my post yet lol? Still trying to figure this site out. Your plants r awesome. And yeah that's my boy red he's been the best dog I've ever had.

Hey man thanks for responding back and searching for my journal also all the info? I dunno how to put the address thing on my post yet lol? Still trying to figure this site out. Your plants r awesome. And yeah that's my boy red he's been the best dog I've ever had.

Hit the user CP button at the top, then select the drop down button "settings", scan down the left habd side till you see edit signature - then paste in the link with link button that you see above the dialogue box when you get there.

Hopefully that makes sense :)

I'll keep an eye on your gro - you will have monsters in no time - as my old boss used to say "have patience grasshopper!"

Okay - so it is about week 6-7 and the plants are flowering.

As you might be able to make out, I have a smaller plant that seems to have flowered more.

I was thinking of doing one more growth nute water tomorrow am and then perhaps switching to bloom nutes? What do you think?

I have tried to delay the blooming nutes to allow for growth, but being little squat plants they are quite short.. I think growth has somewhat slowed down...ish...

Are my plants going to get taller during the bloom process also?

Sorry in the pics they are a bit sleepy! its almost lights out!

IMG_64047.jpg
IMG_64058.jpg
IMG_64067.jpg
IMG_64075.jpg
IMG_64085.jpg
IMG_64095.jpg

:thanks:

Hey Breezy I think its a good idea to go ahead and switch to bloom nutes. The plants stop stretching after the first 2 weeks of flower. Now they are focused on making buds. Keep up the good work.:goodjob:

Okay cool! Do you think it would hurt to do one more feed with grow nutes then use the bloom nutes next feed? Or should I just switch now? Sorry, its just nice to have a second opinion...

Quick update - today is the first day I have fed the girls bloom nutes. Using Shogun's Sumo Boost, PM's Bloom A and B (Hard Water) and will start the PK Warrior perhaps in 2 more feeds. Im also adding some calmag, and may at some point do some feeds with molasses.
Any opinions on that or should I just start with the PK Warrior now?

IMG_64129.jpg
IMG_64155.jpg

Peace!

Thanks Nuggs, I will def be just using bloom nutes for the first week or so but I still think I will try out my PK Warrior at some point. Probably when the buds get a bit thicker.

Just gave the plants a wee foliar spray with the Sumo Boost at 2ml per litre.

The Plants are also now drying up faster so I am feeding them every two days now instead of three! Fun times!

My little other seed has popped out and looks healthy, if she grows faster in her little can I will pull the other seedling and transplant her into the other pot.. sad, but necessary - as my first seedling is tiny for her age, and I want to get a grow going where everything goes right from the beginning!

:Namaste:

The family, happy I hope.

Don't know whether to start with the PK warrior yet?? I am using base bloom nutes ad a bio-stimulant called sumo boost. Do I start with the PK warrior??

Tried to bend the top colas down a bit to let light in..

Are the girls doing okay? this is my first time so I don't know...

IMG_64186.jpg
IMG_64197.jpg
IMG_64205.jpg
IMG_64213.jpg
IMG_64224.jpg
IMG_64235.jpg

Well it seems like the right time. But what do I know, haha. Can always try a tiny bit and back off again if there's any sign of trouble.

Man thoughs girls in the back are putting on nice preflower if you use the quarter strength it should be fine.Im 20 days away from harvest today my girls took 2 feeds this week after I feed monday I had to feed again quarter strength on Thursday night that was the first time for me to do that ,but they look great today So all is well your 300 watt cfl is a beast lol .

Hello Mr Flamel, they are about 3 weeks in. Due to them being auto's though and having a shorter flowering cycle I think I will start the PK warrior a tad bit sooner... Oh and thanks for saying they look good. I can hardly believe that this is going the right way! It doesn't seem real until they start to flower!

Man thoughs girls in the back are putting on nice preflower if you use the quarter strength it should be fine.Im 20 days away from harvest today my girls took 2 feeds this week after I feed monday I had to feed again quarter strength on Thursday night that was the first time for me to do that ,but they look great today So all is well your 300 watt cfl is a beast lol .

Thanks Nuggs, just about to post some pics again... loving this stage.. Im going to take a look at your latest pics for a comparison now. According to my initial schedule my girls wont be ready until around about the 13th of Jan..

So, sorry to keep posting pics up pretty much every day, but it's MY journal yo! haha

Here is a shot of the ladies after giving them their last feed before I switch to some PK Warrior - then we will see if anything changes!

I have tried to use somewhat of the "bowl technique" on the larger lady - to try and spread out those lower flowers. I think it looks nice!

IMG_64307.jpg
IMG_64319.jpg
IMG_643210.jpg
IMG_64338.jpg
IMG_64348.jpg
IMG_64356.jpg

pH runoff is good - at about 6.3. But my EC runoff is like 3.5! I hope this doesn't lead to issues later down the line!

Peace people! :Namaste:

Looking good Breezy. Looks like you may finish up a little before me, a week or two is my guess. But your grow looks phenomenal, keep it up. Can't wait to try some of my own .... bet you feel the same way. LOL :goodjob::woohoo::bravo:

Thanks PBM! Much appreciated! Absolutely cant wait, you're right... When we are both finished up on this first grow we should get in touch about thoughts on the next one, in terms of strains.. Obviously as you can see I have a few little girls already started, but I really want to see what a sativa does in similar conditions!

Catch you soon! :high-five::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom