Coco - Northern Lights - 2015 - 1st Grow - 300W LED - Old Mars Hydro

Hi breezy....

So you been a got a big cfl have ya..... 300w of extra light.... Bonus

They are big buggers, thats the next size up from mine too :high-five:

I keep mine as close as possible, you should be able to put it closer than 6"....

Once on, puy ya hand between ya girl n the light... If ifs not getting too hot, ya girl will be fine.. As you have LED too, just keep an eye on her for any signs of stress due to the increase of intensity... Bit of trial and error, but you will find ya sweet spot mate...

What spectrum is it 6500k,2700k or like mine, dual spectrum ??.... Gonna be the biggest bulb you ever see mate.. When mine first turned up i was like " woah"

Good luck with ya new toy... Twist em into the socket by the base, not the glass itself.. For safety reasons...

:Namaste:

Hi breezy....

So you been a got a big cfl have ya..... 300w of extra light.... Bonus

They are big buggers, thats the next size up from mine too :high-five:

I keep mine as close as possible, you should be able to put it closer than 6"....

Once on, puy ya hand between ya girl n the light... If ifs not getting too hot, ya girl will be fine.. As you have LED too, just keep an eye on her for any signs of stress due to the increase of intensity... Bit of trial and error, but you will find ya sweet spot mate...

What spectrum is it 6500k,2700k or like mine, dual spectrum ??.... Gonna be the biggest bulb you ever see mate.. When mine first turned up i was like " woah"

Good luck with ya new toy... Twist em into the socket by the base, not the glass itself.. For safety reasons...

Hey BW!

Its a "6400/2700k Spectrums (Grow & Flowering Stage)" 300w CFL. Thanks for your advice, :thanks:
Yeah I have heard they are big ones! Just realized that I wont be able to hang it directly in the middle of all three plants because the LED is hanging there. So its going to have to be a side light for 2 plants. Will try figure it out!

Happy times :thumb:

Looking good buddy...good call with the extra cfl.
:goodjob:

Hey SolMJ - thanks for stopping by. I just checked out your completed grow with it ending up on the roof - man you are ballsy!!

I have a question from looking at your grow - I noticed it appears you planted your solo cups in the soil directly. I am thinking about doing that with my little sensi skunk Im starting (its in my pictures) - funnily enough I have the same 11L fabric pots you used ready.

The bottom is cut off the yogurt container she is sitting in. Is it just a case of planting that yogurt container in the larger pot and the roots will grow downwards and then around the cup? Or is there anything else you need to do?

Thanks for the help!

Hey SolMJ - thanks for stopping by. I just checked out your completed grow with it ending up on the roof - man you are ballsy!!

I have a question from looking at your grow - I noticed it appears you planted your solo cups in the soil directly. I am thinking about doing that with my little sensi skunk Im starting (its in my pictures) - funnily enough I have the same 11L fabric pots you used ready.

The bottom is cut off the yogurt container she is sitting in. Is it just a case of planting that yogurt container in the larger pot and the roots will grow downwards and then around the cup? Or is there anything else you need to do?

Hey breezy, yes my last grow kinda went a bit crazy after 6 wks! the roof top idea was born out of necessisity...the things we do for mj lol!

Thats right, cut the bottom off the yogurt container & the roots will make way to the bottom of the main pot. This saves you from transplanting & allows you to water accordingly when they're small seedlings. Ive not done it yet, but a different medium can be used in the smaller container.

I know your a coco dude but for the sake of information since small seedlings just need water the small container could be coco, pebbles, perlite etc whilst the main pot soil...just waiting for those roots to pass through for its nutes lol!
:goodjob:

Update - we got a new big fabric 11L pot in the tent - cant wait for my CFL to get here next week and help out my poor little marshydro with the lighting coverage.

Special thanks for SolMJ AKA the "rooftop bandit" for helping me with my yogurt pottle insert. That little lady should be able to grow away now!

Pictures - sorry, I just showing off the ladies:

The Approach:
IMG_637910.jpg

Birdseye:
IMG_63807.jpg

Little Ella:
IMG_63815.jpg

J-Low:
IMG_63839.jpg

and Mary Jane-Goodall ("MJG")
IMG_63827.jpg

:circle-of-love:

:thumb:

Breezy - I would suggest a light stand for that 300w and put it right in between the pots. Get the stand at the right height and the cfl will be along side the plants and you can turn them periodically to ensure all areas of the plant get the light.

I picked up 4 of them at Walmart for $5 each - though these are only 60w max.

There are three in the photo below

JHA_Day_38_pair_c.JPG

Breezy - I would suggest a light stand for that 300w and put it right in between the pots. Get the stand at the right height and the cfl will be along side the plants and you can turn them periodically to ensure all areas of the plant get the light.

I picked up 4 of them at Walmart for $5 each - though these are only 60w max.

There are three in the photo below

JHA_Day_38_pair_c.JPG

This sounds like a good plan - only bad thing is I don't have a Walmart near me! I will look into something like this but in the meantime it is hard to think what kind of fitting will hold this monster cfl haha.

Thanks for the idea!

:thanks:

Hmmmm....

Not sure this is the best set up, but it will do for now... Sorry it is not a very big picture but it is a huge bulb and it is between 4-6 inches from MJG and Ella

IMG_638510.jpg

Hi there fellow grower.... It appears there is a new Sun in your growspace :high-five:

Those e40 fittings are a fair size aint they ?

Maybe have it hanging in the centre and the ladies grow around the bulb..

The pot turning is a good plan, as suggested...

Im sure you will find a set up your happy with

Enjoy your new big ass bulb, they are well bright
:high-five:

Hi there fellow grower.... It appears there is a new Sun in your growspace :high-five:

Those e40 fittings are a fair size aint they ?

Maybe have it hanging in the centre and the ladies grow around the bulb..

The pot turning is a good plan, as suggested...

Im sure you will find a set up your happy with

Enjoy your new big ass bulb, they are well bright
:high-five:

Hey BW!

I would love to set this up un the middle of the plants - but my LED hangs directly above. Any bright ideas. Something like this below is all I can think of...

Setup75.jpg

Do you think I should adjust my LED so that the CFL gets centre coverage?

Back
Top Bottom