Coco - Northern Lights - 2015 - 1st Grow - 300W LED - Old Mars Hydro

Well guys, went away for about 3 days over xmas, my girls had to dry out for one day longer than I would normally like. The little seedlings have taken off... The little flowering lady in the 3ltr pot has moved forward significantly, I have a big wide and fat bud section on her. Her hairs are turning a brown colour also. I have ordered a magnifying glass to check the trichromes but that wont come till next week...

So far, I haven't been alternating my feeds with water. So the ladies will def need a flush prior to harvesting. I am thinking sometime for the little on between the 3rd to 7th of January I will have to make the call. Then, I need to figure out how to dry the girls in the tent while my lights are on for the little ones.. I think I will construct a makeshift drying box with holes to let air in but not too much light that I will hang at the top of the tent. Only issue is that the tent is about 28 degrees at the top of it!

Photo update! The next issue is when to harvest!

:thumb:

IMG_64624.jpg
IMG_64615.jpg
IMG_64607.jpg
IMG_64598.jpg
IMG_64587.jpg
IMG_64577.jpg
IMG_64557.jpg
IMG_64545.jpg
IMG_64535.jpg
IMG_64527.jpg
IMG_64516.jpg

Very nice breezy :welldone: Mouthwatering pics you have there. :)

Your first grow and that mars light are doing wonders, Breezy - looking great:bravo:

I think might have a couple weeks left. The pistils are turning brown so she's close. Try to get close ups of the trichomes on the leaves. They should be going from cloudly to amber.

They all look good and getting frosty :thumb:

Your first grow and that mars light are doing wonders, Breezy - looking great:bravo:

I think might have a couple weeks left. The pistils are turning brown so she's close. Try to get close ups of the trichomes on the leaves. They should be going from cloudly to amber.

They all look good and getting frosty :thumb:

Thanks Golfer, I really appreciate that you think I am doing well!! I love your Jack grow - I was thinking of doing a sativa dominant next - tossing between Jack, Sour Diesel, and Durban Poison - Any thoughts? I want to get the creativity flowing and dont really want to fall asleep on weed..

Anyway, I didn't think things were going to work out in the beginning there.. Now I actually think I will have some decent smoke!

I wont be able to get a close enough shot to show you the trichomes, but I have a magnifying glass coming next week. I just hope by that time the plants haven't been "overcooked". I don't want to have purely couch locking weed... I heard that is what happens if you leave the plants to mature too long?

:thanks:

Thanks buddy! I appreciate the support, not to be melodramatic, but this is an incredibly fun and rewarding process - in a way i'm in it for the growing not the toking - although it is nice to have that goal in mind!

Hey guys here is a quick update - not too many changes but the photos will go on ;)

IMG_64895.jpg
IMG_64875.jpg
IMG_64887.jpg

I bought a magic flight box and a bubbler in preparation for the coming weeks! Exciting times! (Anyone used a magic flight box at all? I thought it might be a good starting vape as the pax2 is a bank breaker!!)

Still looks like most of the trichomes are cloudy. I tried to time my last NL so that when I saw the first Amber looking trichomes, I started the water only flush for two waterings (about 4 days apart) and then harvest. THe NL will give you a bit of that heavy/sleepy high as mine was mostly Indica.

I think growing different strains is fun. I can tell the Jack buds are wispy'er and not as fat as the Indica buds. Also, the sativa's take a little bit more time once they start flowering. That is definitely what I'm seeing on my grow, especially J2. She likely go 13 weeks or a total of almost 100 days.

Obviously your plants aren't the biggest ever but they look really healthy. THe leaves are looking good and alert. The trichomes are covering those leaves and those buds are going to be nice and frosty. You should be really happy with the end result and each time you grow you will learn more :Namaste:

Looking good! Lots of frost on those northern lights :thumb:

I really want to try one of those air pots but I can't find them here. Any tips?

Looking good! Lots of frost on those northern lights :thumb:

I really want to try one of those air pots but I can't find them here. Any tips?

You should definitely be able to find a cheap airpot on ebay? Otherwise I think the fabric ones are just as good...

I would definitely go for the larger than 10L one I have. 15L is going to be my next goal... They are simple to use (nothing to it really) and easy to pull out root balls in the end - get one!
:high-five:

Haha, I imagine the Smart Pot is fine too, they just don't look as cool!

Okay - So I just took a few shots of my little lady through the microscope - she is getting a bit too many amber trichomes so she will be my sleepy time stash... Then I will monitor my big girl and make sure we get her harvested as soon as I see a smaller amount of ambers coming in.

Pictures below! Woohoo
:high-five:
IMG_65316.jpg
IMG_65306.jpg
IMG_65055.jpg
IMG_65129.jpg
IMG_65157.jpg
IMG_65268.jpg
IMG_65286.jpg

Very nice! I think mine are just starting to get milky in some spots. Started flushing today.

Bedtime is when I smoke mostly so a little amber is good with me, haha.

Breezy and wolf, here is to all three of us harvesting soon. :high-five::high-five: I think I'm 2-3 weeks out yet. The trichromes on your buds look great, Wish mine looked as good.. Good job BreezY!!:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom