SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkstar

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

Very nice my friend!
You have some green on your DNA.
I'm very glad I didn't miss harvest.

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

Yeah, those spots are a mystery to me too. Definately time for a CAT. If your Critical Cures smell anything like mine, coupled with everything else going on there, that room must smell wonderful! I can't get enough of mine and I'm sticking my head in there all day long for a whiff. :laughtwo:

Sorry you're health decided to challenge you. Better days ahead mi amigo. Hang in there. You're so close you should be able to smell it. Wish I could swing by to help you out. :hug:

Very nice my friend!
You have some green on your DNA.
I'm very glad I didn't miss harvest.

Thanks, Cajun! Maybe another grow or two, and I believe I might just get the hang of this growing thing. :slide:

You've got plenty of time before my harvest. I'm thinking about 5 to 7 weeks away.

Slow, Meow Them! :)

theyre ready any day for their 1st CD..:thumb:
i dont know what those spots are on the leaves

So it sounds like I should be good to for the CD next week then. Cool.

Thanks, Ziggy!

Yeah, those spots are a mystery to me too. Definately time for a CAT. If your Critical Cures smell anything like mine, coupled with everything else going on there, that room must smell wonderful! I can't get enough of mine and I'm sticking my head in there all day long for a whiff. :laughtwo:

Sorry you're health decided to challenge you. Better days ahead mi amigo. Hang in there. You're so close you should be able to smell it. Wish I could swing by to help you out. :hug:

The spots are only on one of the plants, CC#1. I'm hoping she will respond to the additional amendments, but if she's still hurtin' after the CAT drench series, I'll call in the big guns, and ask Doc for help. I'm not getting too much smell yet, but the trichomes have just started forming. I'm looking forward the both the Critical Cure and Blue Dream smell once the trics get going good. I can't wait!

The symptoms do come and go from time to time, but I'll live. That oil can't get here soon enough!

your girls are doing great:thumb: they look awesome:bravo:
Day 85/Day 15 Bloom

Another week in the life of the SlowToke threesome of Blue Dream, Critical Cure and Darkstar. The girls are really starting to stretch and set buds now. Fortunately, so far the stretch hasn't been enough to exceed my height limits in my grow space, which is great. And they all seem happy in their 10-gallon pots. The roots must be taking off like wild, as the watering schedule has dropped from 10 to 7 days in the last week. I am hopeful this will pay dividends when the buds need all the energy they can get.

Here's some pictures:

untitled-4073.jpg

untitled-4074.jpg

untitled-4075.jpg

untitled-4076.jpg

untitled-4077.jpg

untitled-4078.jpg

untitled-4079.jpg

untitled-4080.jpg

untitled-4081.jpg

The clones are also coming along nicely.

untitled-4082.jpg

untitled-4083.jpg

untitled-4084.jpg

untitled-4085.jpg

untitled-4086.jpg

untitled-4088.jpg

Although truth be told, I'm not feeling the love for that one leggy Blue Dream clone, front row center in the 2-gallon pots. Actually depending on how well the current Solo cup clones do, I might replace all of the Blue Dream clones in the 2- gallon pots. The thing is, I made a mistake with that first batch of clones by only labeling the strain and not which individual plant the clone came from. I've corrected that with the two subsequent groups of clones, and I really want to limit the next batch of Blue Dream that I take to flower to either BD#1 and/or BD#2. BD#3 never grew as well as the other two, so I want to make sure that plant is left out of the next batch. As long as the known phenotype BD plants look healthy, I'll go with them so I know better what I can expect.

I also transplanted to Solo cups three more BD#2 clones that finally showed roots. Here are those clones.

untitled-4087.jpg

I'm hoping those all three grow well. BD#2 clones are what I really want to go with for the next bloom cycle.

And now that we are two weeks into bloom I need to review the High Brix instructions again. It seems like there should be a soil amendments recharge coming up soon, and maybe a catatonic drench in a couple more weeks depending on how well the buds are set at that point. Anyway, that about covers things for this week. Thanks for dropping by!

your girls are doing great:thumb: they look awesome:bravo:

Thanks, Sara! I appreciate your comment. Hopefully I can follow through with a good harvest.

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion! ;)

Slow, can you do the 1st this week..and then the 2nd CD next week? :thumb:

Ziggy, my problem is I just did a GE drench on Sunday and am out of town on biz in Michigan and Ohio until Friday. Realistically, the earliest I can do is this Saturday. I'll aim for that.

As a side note, it has been an adventure talking Mrs. Toke through all the daily routines that need to be done for the garden over the phone while I'm out of town. You don't think about all the little things that have to be done until you have to rely on someone else to do them!

Safe travels mi amigo. I'm making my second batch of oil today, thinking about how you're not that far behind me in this part of the adventure. You're gonna love the pure simplicity of the process.

Good grief those plants look like shit. Those cuttings look in bad shape too.
Just ship them all to me. I'll take care of them. You might not get any bud back though..you know taxes& all. Lol.

On a serious note, one of the best 1st grows I've seen.

+Reps!

Cajun, thanks for the comments and reps! Coming from a professional grower with you experience, they mean a lot to me.

The fun is really starting to happen here. Baby buds, trichomes, the deeply satisfying smells as the terpenoids start expressing themselves... I'm loving this phase of the grow!

Time to go read up on cationic drenches. The garden is calling!

You've got to be within days SlowToke. You're right behind me, and my girl's been through both of hers. I'm so excited for you. I keep forgetting, this is your first ride through, isn't it? Your initial harvest is going to be spectacular. Maybe I should plan a visit and help with the trim? :battingeyelashes:

Day 99/Filp + 29

Back with another update for everyone. Saturday morning the bloom plants got their first of two cationic drenches, intended to greatly stimulate bud development. I may have waited a week too long to give them the cat drench. The directions recommend giving the first CD once the buds have set. A somewhat ambiguous direction particularly for someone as inexperienced as myself. Hopefully I wasn't too late. They get the second CD next Saturday, which should work well since they have been on a weekly watering schedule for the last few weeks. After that we go back to the normal alternating between Growth Energy and transplant drenches.

So far things are still looking pretty good. The Blue Dream plants are doing extremely well, and appear to have completed their stretch. That's a good think since I have run out of space to raise the lighting. The Indica dominant strains, Critical Cure and Darkstar have also stopped stretching and are budding up nicely. But they are also showing more leaf stress with some discoloration. If they don't show some improvement from the CDs, I'll have to talk to Doc for some advice.

Here are some overall pictures:

untitled-4189.jpg

untitled-4193.jpg

untitled-4201.jpg

untitled-4204.jpg

Blue Dream #2 has some serious colas forming. She's a good 5 inches taller than BD#1. It's amazing how much variation in phenotype there is within the strain. BD#2 is the winner going forward.

untitled-4203.jpg

untitled-4191.jpg

untitled-4209.jpg

But the Darkstar colas are no slouches either! They make up of lack of height with shear numbers:

untitled-4192.jpg

untitled-4199.jpg

untitled-4195.jpg

untitled-4200.jpg

untitled-4198.jpg

The Critical Cure Girls never really stretched all that much. Just a sea of sweet smelling buds.

untitled-4210.jpg

untitled-4196.jpg

Speaking of the smells, the terpenes are incredible. An amazing aroma of fresh ripe fruit. Cajun is spot on about the Critical Cure plants. They smell just like mango. I can't resist running my finger over a sugar leaf or two every time I visit the garden to release a little of that beautiful aroma.

Here's a few bud shots, from the DS and CC plants:

untitled-4212.jpg

untitled-4216.jpg

untitled-4220.jpg

On the veg side, I've completely reworked the veg tent. Like I mentioned before, the plants in the 2-gallon pots were only identified by strain and not the individual plants the clones came from. That was a pretty big mistake on my part. So with about a month to go in the bloom tray before harvest, it seemed like the right time to cull those plants and go with the best cuttings from the best plants within the strains. So for the next bloom cycle I'm going with BD#2, CC#1 and DS#4, although for the Darkstar strain it really doesn't matter. Both plants looked just alike. Anyway, I culled everything except the clones from those plants, and repotted from Solo cups to 2-gallon pots. I do still have 2-gallon slots for 3 more CC#1 clones, but I'm going to give them another week in Solo cups before upcanning. I also learned that I had potted the first 2-gallon batch too early. When I culled them it became clear they were already root bound. From now on I'll wait until about a month out before potting clones or seeds in 2-gallon pots.

untitled-4225.jpg

untitled-4226.jpg

untitled-4227.jpg

So I'll have 2 DS, 5 BD and 5 CC to chose from for the next bloom cycle. Now all I need is another couple bales of Pro-mix soil and amendments mix to start cooking. Guess I better get to work on that little chore now.

I hope everyone is having a great memorial day, and will take a moment to thank those who have fallen in defense of our nation. The price of our freedom is high.

Amazing garden SlowToke. Wow! Kinda speechless for a few minutes and I had to scroll through a couple more times.

Cajun said the Critical Cure fragrance was disgusting in flower but cured to mango. I'm finding the same as you, although not as intense as you'd have with multiple plants, you lucky dog. It must have been his olfactory system, or something in his soil mix. I'm looking forward to the intense mango in cure.

The DarkStar are stunning! Takes your breath away now and then, doesn't it?

Following the CATs you finish up alternating between Energy and TransWater, not Transplant.

Thank you for the reminder to remember. Too many lost.

Amazing garden SlowToke. Wow! Kinda speechless for a few minutes and I had to scroll through a couple more times.

Cajun said the Critical Cure fragrance was disgusting in flower but cured to mango. I'm finding the same as you, although not as intense as you'd have with multiple plants, you lucky dog. It must have been his olfactory system, or something in his soil mix. I'm looking forward to the intense mango in cure.

The DarkStar are stunning! Takes your breath away now and then, doesn't it?

Following the CATs you finish up alternating between Energy and TransWater, not Transplant.

Thank you for the reminder to remember. Too many lost.

Hi Sue! Glad you dropped by. The Darkstar girls are really coming into their own for sure. I can't wait to see the results of the cat drench!

Cajun wasn't running High Brix. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the reason he had to wait until cure to get the full force of the terpenes. The aromas I'm getting are truly intoxicating. Good times in the garden, for sure!

Thanks for the correction on the drench schedule. Yes, 1/4 strength transplant + water.

What a beautiful garden you have!!! I'm glad I decided to see what your journal is all about

Thanks, Canna! I appreciate it!

And also glad you stopped by. Come by anytime!

Hi Sue! Glad you dropped by. The Darkstar girls are really coming into their own for sure. I can't wait to see the results of the cat drench!

Cajun wasn't running High Brix. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the reason he had to wait until cure to get the full force of the terpenes. The aromas I'm getting are truly intoxicating. Good times in the garden, for sure!

Thanks for the correction on the drench schedule. Yes, 1/4 strength transplant + water.

Cajun wasn't running this high brix, but the organic mix he grows in rivals anything any of us grow in. I've asked him how he'd explain this discrepancy, but he hasn't responded. I just stuck my nose into my Critical Cure, and I get sweet tones of some tropical fruit. He was pretty sick during that stage in his grow, and it may have been what caused his perception to be off. I just find it curious, and you know how I get. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom