SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkstar

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

Cajun wasn't running this high brix, but the organic mix he grows in rivals anything any of us grow in. I've asked him how he'd explain this discrepancy, but he hasn't responded. I just stuck my nose into my Critical Cure, and I get sweet tones of some tropical fruit. He was pretty sick during that stage in his grow, and it may have been what caused his perception to be off. I just find it curious, and you know how I get. :laughtwo:

I don't know Sue... high bix soil is pretty awesome! LOL! I'm turning into such an HB fanboy! :laughtwo: I promise to reel it in!

It must have been his illness then. I know when I was on chemo I couldn't stand the smell of anything.

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

I don't know Sue... high bix soil is pretty awesome! LOL! I'm turning into such an HB fanboy! :laughtwo: I promise to reel it in!

LOL, I was looking through your past few updates and chuckling to myself - loved the part about having to have a lil terps fix every time you check them out. :laugh: I've so been there!

What a feeling it must be to admire this first upcoming harvest! :bravo: I know that feeling, too. What an amazing plant. :love: And the kit makes it really hard to screw up - the grow usually turns out pretty well. :laugh:

If I may, SlowToke ...

:thumb:they look great.some yellow leaves,i'm sure they will be better soon:Namaste:

I'd like to publicly say how solid and reliable my Mars-Hydro panels have been, and from what I read anywhere on 420Magazine my experience isn't unusual. I tend to admire integrity in the literal sense of the word, including architecture and design for instance, and I find it particularly harmonious that SmokeSara is such a fine representative for such a fine organization.

I hope your company and yourself are prospering! :Namaste:

LOL, I was looking through your past few updates and chuckling to myself - loved the part about having to have a lil terps fix every time you check them out. :laugh: I've so been there!

What a feeling it must be to admire this first upcoming harvest! :bravo: I know that feeling, too. What an amazing plant. :love: And the kit makes it really hard to screw up - the grow usually turns out pretty well. :laugh:

Oh, good! So it's not just me who NEEDS to get a quick whiff of that sweet scent! I am actually blown away by how amazing the smell is of all three of my strains. And I'm having a hard time understanding how I could have smoked weed for over 45 years, and have never come across these aromas before. How is that possible? Ok, so we can understand it with the 70s brickweed crap, but why is the recent stuff that has been much more potent also lacked any of this terpene expression? Well, whatever the reason I feel like I've been in a dark cave full of bat guano for the last 45 years, and am suddenly out in a sunny field of fresh flowers after a gently shower.

Yes, it is a marvelous feeling basking in the sweet sunshine of my first grow. I am totally addicted! :yummy:

:thumb:they look great.some yellow leaves,i'm sure they will be better soon:Namaste:

Thanks, Sara! Yes, I do need to get a handle on why the indicas aren't doing quite as well as the sativa dominant strain. I've heard HB soil does betting with landrace strains. Maybe the Blue Dream is closer to that end of the genetic spectrum, and that's what I'm seeing. I need to figure it out.

And I second Graytail's comments. My Mars-Hydro lights are doing a great job for me. Probably the best cost/quality value in LED lighting out there.

You'll never look back again.

Thanks for your support,:thanks:we will try our best to offer better product and service:circle-of-love:
If I may, SlowToke ...

I'd like to publicly say how solid and reliable my Mars-Hydro panels have been, and from what I read anywhere on 420Magazine my experience isn't unusual. I tend to admire integrity in the literal sense of the word, including architecture and design for instance, and I find it particularly harmonious that SmokeSara is such a fine representative for such a fine organization.

I hope your company and yourself are prospering! :Namaste:

Thanks for your support,:thanks:we will try our best to offer better product and service:circle-of-love:

I think your company does that very well Sara. I know I'm happy with my panels, and everyone I know with one is happy with theirs. As cultivator's, we appreciate the reliability and customer service offered by Mars-Hydro, and your charming presence is just icing on the cake. :battingeyelashes:

thank you:circle-of-love:how is your girls these days?
I think your company does that very well Sara. I know I'm happy with my panels, and everyone I know with one is happy with theirs. As cultivator's, we appreciate the reliability and customer service offered by Mars-Hydro, and your charming presence is just icing on the cake. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks, Sara! Yes, I do need to get a handle on why the indicas aren't doing quite as well as the sativa dominant strain. I've heard HB soil does betting with landrace strains. Maybe the Blue Dream is closer to that end of the genetic spectrum, and that's what I'm seeing. I need to figure it out.

And I second Graytail's comments. My Mars-Hydro lights are doing a great job for me. Probably the best cost/quality value in LED lighting out there.

My 1200W LED from Mars worked great until the junky tent pole broke at the weld, ( I now use Gorilla Lite tents :thumb:) crashing the unit and 1/3 of the lights are out. The 2 smaller units work great- they werent in the tent.
The price is awesome too...
I have both mars and P450s and a 600..im not growing anything inside presently.

maybe athletes foot... :rofl:

I'm glad that you like it.:circle-of-love:
If you need repair,you can send email to service@mars-hydro.com,your email include:two pics(one with the light on,one with the light off) with the description+your contact information+the date you bought your light+,my colleague Della is in charging of repair service,she will help you.:high-five:
My 1200W LED from Mars worked great until the junky tent pole broke at the weld, ( I now use Gorilla Lite tents :thumb:) crashing the unit and 1/3 of the lights are out. The 2 smaller units work great- they werent in the tent.

Ditto :thumb: Loving my Mars panels as well. Currently near the end of week 4 flower and these girls are WAAAAY bigger/fuller than any of my runs before. Thanks for an affordable/effective light. :thanks:

I'll take the P450 off your hands. It will be a rough sacrifice & I'll be taking on lots of hardship to make room for it. But, in the spirit of comrade I'll do it.

106/Flip + 36

Well, it's been a week so let's see what's going on in the garden. The girls got there 2nd cationic drench this Saturday, so it will be interesting to see how the flowers develop from here. All the buds are looking good, but the leaves on the indica plant are starting to seriously fade. Doc suggested a rescue drench, but since I'm in the middle of the two cat drenches I haven't been able to try that. Maybe I'll give a rescue drench a shot when they need watering in a week. I'll give it some thought over the next week. On the plus side, the Blue Dream sativa dominant plants are looking really good. Everyone said the BD strain did well in the high brix soil, and I have to agree.

Here are some overall pictures:

untitled-4262.jpg

untitled-4263.jpg

And the two end Blue Dream plants, BD#1 and BD#2:

untitled-4264.jpg

untitled-4265.jpg

untitled-4266.jpg

untitled-4267.jpg

untitled-4268.jpg

And the two Darkstar indica dominant plants:

untitled-4279.jpg

untitled-4280.jpg

untitled-4285.jpg

untitled-4297.jpg

Hey, the leaves may be fading, but the buds are looking sweet! Maybe I shouldn't be too concerned about the leaf condition. I know some people, who even use Doc Bud's HB approach, still actively encourage this leaf fade. Personally I would prefer healthy looking leaves right up to harvest. I'll probably try a drench for these two plants with next weeks feeding.

The Critical Cure girls in the middle looking good, with just a bit of leaf yellowing:

untitled-4281.jpg
untitled-4282.jpg

Focusing in a bit on the flowers, The BD#1 colas are thickening up a bit:

untitled-4271.jpg

untitled-4272.jpg

untitled-4276.jpg

The BD#2 flowers aren't as tall, but they are larger at this point in time. I hope I don't regret going with BD#1 for the next bloom cycle.

untitled-4277.jpg

untitled-4278.jpg

A couple more Darkstar flowers:

untitled-4289.jpg

untitled-42971.jpg

Here's some close ups of the top flowers and sugar leaves. Oh, yeah!

Darkstar:

untitled-4283.jpg

untitled-4284.jpg

untitled-4288.jpg

Critical Cure:

untitled-4293.jpg

untitled-4295.jpg

untitled-4294.jpg

Blue Dream:

untitled-4300.jpg

Thanks for dropping by. I hope all is well with all of you and your gardens!

Awesome looking girls, ST! :goodjob:

Very nice ST. They look great.
I don't know what week you're in & you probably know this, but yellowing, autumning fan leaves the last couple of weeks are a good thing. Well, if done purposely.
It means/shows that the plant is using up the excess nutrients which will have your buds in prime condition after they're cured.

Back
Top Bottom