SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkstar

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

Impressive ! SlowToke, you're rocking this grow. I had already decided to add Blue Dream to my short list but now it goes on the shortest list.

Great job. :thumb::bravo:

Hi, Jim. Thanks for the encouraging words!

I haven't even tried it yet, but I would already highly recommend Blue Dream. To me it's a wonderful blend of indica and sativa traits (Blueberry x Haze). And my goodness, the aroma is intoxicating! So sweet and fruity. It just makes your mouth water. The only downside is, depending on the height of your grow space, you might have headroom problems depending on the specific phenotype. I went to flower with three plants, and they all are very different. There's the cola monster that has my lighting maxed out for height in an 8ft high room, the medium height plant that is probably manageable in most tents that are 6 ft. tall or better, and then I have one that is short and bushy. I recommend popping three or four seeds and choice the one best suited to your grow space once they are in flower and start to show the differences. Once you get the right one, clone away!

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

Good grief.
Very nice ST. Are we all sure he's not a ringer? Lol.
All your plants from all strains came out easy nice than mine. I'm sure it's nicer than alot grows here.
The lights, HB media & your natural talent.
Good job my friend.

(Don't try stealing my job) lol.

Good grief.
Very nice ST. Are we all sure he's not a ringer? Lol.
All your plants from all strains came out easy nice than mine. I'm sure it's nicer than alot grows here.
The lights, HB media & your natural talent.
Good job my friend.

(Don't try stealing my job) lol.

Thanks so much, Cajun! I appreciate it! :thanks:

And don't forget to add to the lights and soil the motivation that comes from having the grim reaper looking over my shoulder throughout the grow. But I'm not too worried at this point in time. Even he gave me a bony thumbs up when he saw the BD colas. :laughtwo:

Oh, and your job's safe my friend. Laid back, mild mannered architect by day, wild weed man grower by night. That works for me!

Some tasty looking tops coming in thick there SP! Very nice mate

Thanks, Growlow! I'll have to admit to plucking a popcorn bud or two from one of the Darkstar lasses. Quality control, you understand. :slide: Already without curing a smooth smoke with the aftertaste of sweet berries, and a potent but mellow and giggly high. Nice!

That Darkstar is a tempting beauty. Methinks I should try one when I get up and running again. You sure made them look even more tempting. I hope you appreciate how stunning this grow of yours is. To have come at this cold and pulled off one of our best grows has us all reeling in wonder. Coming close to the end too.

The excitement builds. :slide:

That Darkstar is a tempting beauty. Methinks I should try one when I get up and running again. You sure made them look even more tempting. I hope you appreciate how stunning this grow of yours is. To have come at this cold and pulled off one of our best grows has us all reeling in wonder. Coming close to the end too.

The excitement builds. :slide:

I think Darkstar is a keeper, but keep in mind that this is the first high-end artisanal craft weed I have ever smoked. I am a total noob compared to some of you with years of experience growing and enjoying the good stuff. The point being to take my smoke reviews with a grain of salt. I'd just hate for anyone to go to the trouble of growing a strain based on my review and then be disappointed. But as far as the plants themselves, I guess they speak for themselves. It is kind of funny you want to grow some Darkstar, as my next strain I want to try is Carnival that you and Graytail have showcased so effectively. And Night Nurse. The missus is begging me to grow some Night Nurse.

More good news! I found a local place that will test flowers for the major cannabinoid and terpene content! That will be a huge benefit when I work out my dosing schedule. Kind of a shot in the dark without the specific plant data.

That's wonderful news! This means you can compare the bud with the oil and know what adjustments need to be made to get the lost terpenes back into the diet somehow to get the entourage effect, while still making use of the potent CCO.

Great news SlowToke. Keep this string of good news going mi amigo. I'm smiling ear-to-ear. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You grow in HB kit soil. You can trust your own smoke reports. :laughtwo: Those of us with experience know the quality you're growing. There's no avoiding high brix if you follow the plan reasonably close. Considering your pressing need, this soil and this program were your best option and you've played it like a fine-tuned instrument. Your next run will be easier to do with your instincts honed a bit. The medicinal quality of your harvest is beyond concern for any of us. It's going to be top shelf. :high-five:

The bad news is I only have access to testing of the flowers, not the oil. I'll just have to assume a similar proportion of cannabinoids will be present in the oil. I'm not sure what to do about terpenes, since I believe the normal alcohol extraction method of making oil isn't going to be kind to the terpenes. I may have to just rely on the cannabinoids for the most part for my medicinal CCO. Unless you have any better ideas. I should probably move this discussion over to the Study Hall or Dosing threads.

The bad news is I only have access to testing of the flowers, not the oil. I'll just have to assume a similar proportion of cannabinoids will be present in the oil. I'm not sure what to do about terpenes, since I believe the normal alcohol extraction method of making oil isn't going to be kind to the terpenes. I may have to just rely on the cannabinoids for the most part for my medicinal CCO. Unless you have any better ideas. I should probably move this discussion over to the Study Hall or Dosing threads.

PeeJay astutely pointed out in the Study Hall that you'd be better off adding the terpenes and flavonoids into your diet through other sources, fruits and vegetables rich in color and nutrition. If you have the buds tested you'll know which of the terpenes and flavinoids to focus on to get the best synergy from that particular plant. At least that's the way it plays out inside my brain. How's it sound to you?

ST, don't let the discussion of terpenes discourage your use of CCO.
The terpenes are important for lots of things, but the cannabinoids are what is curing cancer. Period.
Retaining terpenes & terpenoids takes a back seat to THC, for now.

Day 120/Flip + 50

Here we are again with another update. A day later than usual, but I have a good excuse. For Father's Day (and being the paternal care giver to a 5 year old Doberman counts!) the Missus agreed to buy all the plants needed to get our deck top water garden and fountain going. So we went to the nursery and picked up some plants, then put everything together on our deck.

Ahh, yes. The gentle sounds of splashing water and water plants. Very soothing. All I need is some piped in zen music and my meditation spot will be complete! Mrs. Toke also ordered some miniature Lotus blossom plant seeds. That will be cool in the "pond" as well.

In the indoor garden, not too much new going on. Just incremental growth that I can barely tell. But here's a few pictures anyway.

untitled-4391.jpg

untitled-4394.jpg

untitled-4396.jpg

untitled-4395.jpg

Darkstar is looking close! I'm starting to see a fair number of amber trichs. But not enough to pull them just yet. Maybe in a week or two.

untitled-4397.jpg

untitled-4414.jpg

Critical Cure is coming along, getting frostier every day. Here's a couple of shots with Blue Dream on the right, and Critical Cure on the left.

untitled-4419.jpg

untitled-4404.jpg

And of course, Blue Dream.

untitled-4434.jpg

untitled-4399.jpg

untitled-4400.jpg

untitled-4435.jpg

Man, the BD strains does love this soil and these lights! We have a ways until harvest with her, but she sure is finishing strong!

I haven't had updates on the vegging clones recently, so here's a couple of group shots of this gang.

untitled-4421.jpg

untitled-4422.jpg

untitled-4423.jpg

They don't look as good as they could. I think I made a mistake by dumping the last batch of clones that were growing too fast, and planting the new ones in the same soil. I have this feeling that I should have used fresh soil that wasn't already depleted of nutrients from the last batch. But they are starting to come along pretty well. I'll probably top them next weekend, and start a little light training shortly after that.

That's it for this week. Thanks for stopping by!

It's so good to come here and admire your garden. Mighty impressive sir. :bravo:

Your flowering tent is looking grrreat!! :yahoo:

Every time I check out a new update I'm struck by the leaf posture, especially the DarkStar. She has those faded crunchy leaves but they're always reaching up! - Beautiful. :love: And the Blue Dreams continue to stay nice and green - Duggan would be jealous! :laugh:

The clones just look hot or wet, to me. They're not transpiring as well as they could. Like you, I used to believe that a grow would deplete minerals, since we add more amendment in mid-grow, but anecdotal evidence seems to point otherwise. I've upcanned a vegging plant directly into soil from a freshly harvested one with no added amendment, and it went full term just like fresh soil, no real difference. :hmmmm: I'd blame the droopiness on transpiration.

I got some envy goin' on! - they really look nice and you're in the home stretch. Do they smell pretty good? :laugh:

Your flowering tent is looking grrreat!! :yahoo:

Every time I check out a new update I'm struck by the leaf posture, especially the DarkStar. She has those faded crunchy leaves but they're always reaching up! - Beautiful. :love: And the Blue Dreams continue to stay nice and green - Duggan would be jealous! :laugh:

The clones just look hot or wet, to me. They're not transpiring as well as they could. Like you, I used to believe that a grow would deplete minerals, since we add more amendment in mid-grow, but anecdotal evidencey seems to point otherwise. I've upcanned a vegging plant directly into soil from a freshly harvested one with no added amendment, and it went full term just like fresh soil, no real difference. :hmmmm: I'd blame the droopiness on transpiration.

I got some envy goin' on! - they really look nice and you're in the home stretch. Do they smell pretty good? :laugh:

Graytail, thanks for your comments. I don't believe the veg tent is overly hot or humid, so not sure what the problem is. I did just raise the lighting some. With the newer growth the lighting was a little low. maybe that will help over the next few weeks until my new soil is ready and I have my first harvest in. We'll see how that goes.

I am looking forward to the harvest! Even as crunchy as the Darkstar leaves are, the buds sure are nice and dense, and should be ready soon. I am curious about the fade. I may try an experiment with the next grow and treat one DS plant with the salt lover treatment, and the other one with the normal HB treatment just to see if that makes a difference. Either way, it sure is tasty, from what I've sampled.

Well, This Doesn't Look Good...

Ok, need some quick advice from those of you have experience in such matters. So, I'm getting ready to do my weekly drench of the bloom girls, and Mrs. Toke has been begging me for a few more popcorn buds to enjoy before we get to harvest time so I clip a small twig that isn't ever going to produce much anyway, and this is what I see.

untitled-4463.jpg

untitled-4466.jpg

untitled-4467.jpg

They're a little hard to see, but right were a leaf/flower meets the stem I am seeing these small pear shaped pods. Being my first real grow and all, not a 100% sure what I'm seeing here. Would these be small nanners? The ones I have seen in pictures really to look like small bananas, but these are more pear shaped. At any rate, they don't look like anything I want.

Any recommendations? These are from the Darkstar girls. After looking over the main buds this morning, I had decided to let them go another week, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe I should just go ahead and harvest the DS plants now?

:scratchinghead::helpsmilie::scratchinghead:

Back
Top Bottom