SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkstar

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

Very nice ST. They look great.
I don't know what week you're in & you probably know this, but yellowing, autumning fan leaves the last couple of weeks are a good thing. Well, if done purposely.
It means/shows that the plant is using up the excess nutrients which will have your buds in prime condition after they're cured.

Cajun, I'm still a little early, and just starting week six of my bloom cycle, so I have a ways to go. I think the Darkstar plants will be the first to be ready for harvest, with the Blue Dream plants being the last to finish. Do you recall how long your Darkstar plants took after the flip to be ready for harvest? That would be good to know, to give me an idea of when mine will likely be ready. I'm guessing about three more weeks to go, with maybe six more weeks for the Blue Dream girls. But I don't really know... just a guess.

Thanks!

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

Cajun, I forgot to ask in the last reply, but I saw in the cancer thread that your coming east with your summit group. Will you be coming anywhere near DC? If you come anywhere close to here, it would be great to meet you, and dinner would be on me!

Things are looking awesome ST. I lived in Reston VA for over a decade. I noticed you mentioned DC. Just thought I'd share ;) Keep those Brix rich ladies coming!

Hi there, Growlow! Allow me to share post #500 with you to welcome you to my little grow journal. :welcome:

Yep, I'm in the area, alright. A transplant from the Deep South, but enjoying it here. Other than the cost of housing, not a bad place to live, all things considered. A little far from my favorite gulf coast beaches, but we make do.

My girls will indeed keep coming! There's a good bit of growing left in this batch, and I plan to keep a steady stream of plants in the bloom tray for a perpetual grow. My medicinal needs will require quite a bit of cannabis, and I still don't really have a clue as to how much yield I will get for each cycle. So I'll just keep growing until I have a healthy surplus.

Hi there, Growlow! Allow me to share post #500 with you to welcome you to my little grow journal. :welcome:

Yep, I'm in the area, alright. A transplant from the Deep South, but enjoying it here. Other than the cost of housing, not a bad place to live, all things considered. A little far from my favorite gulf coast beaches, but we make do.

My girls will indeed keep coming! There's a good bit of growing left in this batch, and I plan to keep a steady stream of plants in the bloom tray for a perpetual grow. My medicinal needs will require quite a bit of cannabis, and I still don't really have a clue as to how much yield I will get for each cycle. So I'll just keep growing until I have a healthy surplus.

I too grow for medical purposes. I have a traumatic head injury from a young age. Without my garden I'm toast! I moved to Washington State so that I could "legally" grow my own medicine after growing my medicine "illegally" for 2 decades. I'll be sure to pop in time to time mate ;) Cheers for the warm welcome!

Here I am, 1:30 in the morning, strolling through this luscious grow again. Good grief mi amigo, you have to be stoked over the way this is going. I think you're going to be shocked at your yield. These are beautiful SlowToke. :high-five:

I can't wait to get you fired up about oil production. :laughtwo:

Hey ST. Just poking my head in to say high and that your girls look AMAZING!!!!! Keep up the awesome work!!! :goodjob::peace:

Thanks, Supergroom. I appreciate it. I'm pretty amazed myself that I appear to be pulling this grow off. A far cry from that sad sack mystery bean grow I started with.

Not quite ready to pull out the cigar puffing emoji just yet. Disaster could still strike at any moment. But I am feeling pretty optimistic about things.

Thanks for dropping by. It's good to see you!

Is the Advance light the one throwing off white light?

Yep, it is indeed. Both of the XML series fixtures feature some white lights to augment the colored lights. I turn off the colored lights when taking pictures so the pictures look more natural.

Here I am, 1:30 in the morning, strolling through this luscious grow again. Good grief mi amigo, you have to be stoked over the way this is going. I think you're going to be shocked at your yield. These are beautiful SlowToke. :high-five:

I can't wait to get you fired up about oil production. :laughtwo:

Careful! You might get me thinking I actually know what I'm doing! . But thanks very much for all your support. It has been very encouraging!

Funny you should mention the oil. I've been thinking its time get up to speed on that, also. You can look forward to me bugging you relentlessly for tips in the very near future! .

Sue, also forgot to mention I'm at the hospital waiting on my monthly visit with my oncologist. And it's time for the "come to Jesus" discussion on adding cannabis to my treatment regimen. This should be an interesting conversation. My Doc spends most her time teaching and doing clinical trials, so somehow I imagine she isn't going to be too encouraging. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Day 113/Flip + 43

Another week, another update! Things continue to go pretty well in the garden. And now that we are through with the cationic drench cycle, I was finally able to give the indicas, Darkstar and Critical Cure a rescue drench on Saturday. I hope this will help them through the last half of the bloom phase. Honestly, I kind of doubt there's any helping the leaf fade of the Darkstar plants, but with only some yellowing of the Critical Cure leaves, maybe they can get some benefit from the drench.

The buds do seem to be plumping up a bit from the cat drenches. And they're getting heavy enough that I've had to add four of five more stakes to keep more of the stems from laying down from the weight. That sound like good news to me! And as far as the pictures, I'm also making a little change and using flash on all of the pictures. Available light just hasn't been able to show all the buds on the colas like I want. Also the trichomes should show up a little better on the bud shots. So let's get going with some pictures!

First some overall shots:

untitled-4347.jpg

untitled-4354.jpg

The Darkstar girls:

untitled-4350.jpg

This is Darkstar in the background and Critical Cure in the foreground:

untitled-4384.jpg

And some more Critical Cure shots:

untitled-4351.jpg

untitled-4362.jpg

untitled-4363.jpg

untitled-4385.jpg

And now for the star of this grow, the colas magnificos, Blue Dream. I am incredibly impressed how well this stain adapts to the HB soil. It's like they were made for each other!

untitled-4355.jpg

untitled-4357.jpg

untitled-4358.jpg

untitled-4364.jpg

untitled-4366.jpg

untitled-4383.jpg

How about some bud shots?

Darkstar:

untitled-4379.jpg

untitled-4380.jpg

Critical Cure:

untitled-4372.jpg

untitled-4373.jpg

Blue Dream:

untitled-4369.jpg

untitled-4370.jpg

untitled-4371.jpg

See you next week!

Magnificent mi amigo. :high-five: Good grief, they're stunning. I can hear the obvious pride in your digital voice. The Blue Dream..... Whoa! It's like they're trying to reach the moon. Lol!

You're going to get a significant amount of medication out of this initial grow. Mighty impressed. :hug:

Excellent work ST, and using flash has resulted in even better pictures.

I can only hope the Critical Cure seeds I've just popped grow into magnificent specimens like yours (I'll start a journal with my CC's soon). Have you tried Painkiller XL yet?

Regards

Oh my Gaaaaaaawd. 3ft. colas :thumb: Impressive. Looks like something out of Doc's room. You're knocking it out of the park with this grow, guess that's why you have baseball bat size colas.

Stellar

Oh my Gaaaaaaawd. 3ft. colas :thumb: Impressive. Looks like something out of Doc's room. You're knocking it out of the park with this grow, guess that's why you have baseball bat size colas.

Stellar

My feelings exactly. Exemplary work SlowToke. :thumb:

Magnificent mi amigo. :high-five: Good grief, they're stunning. I can hear the obvious pride in your digital voice. The Blue Dream..... Whoa! It's like they're trying to reach the moon. Lol!

You're going to get a significant amount of medication out of this initial grow. Mighty impressed. :hug:

Thanks so much, Sue! I sure hope the yield is high. That would take a lot of weight off my shoulders. Yeah, I'm digging the BD #2 colas. But the funny thing is, when I compare them to the BD #1 blooms, the BD #1 may be shorter, but they definitely have more mass to the buds. It will be interesting to compare the yield from each plant. But that will be more of an academic exercise, as all the BD clones I now have are from phenotype #2. It will be impressive seeing three to four plants all with colas that size!

Oh yeah, an update on my meeting with the oncologist. I was pretty nervous about the upcoming discussion for sure. My doc is a woman of science, and has made no bones about her belief that the only valid treatment is one fully vetted by multiple clinical trials. And of course this visit she had an entire entourage at her heels watching her prod and poke me. I'm used to her having someone in tow. I mean, after all it is a teaching hospital. But this covey of hangers on was truly impressive. A Fellow, an intern, a medical school student, and somehow a pre-med student had latched on as well. I was wondering how I could get my doc alone for a private discussion. But when the exam was coming to an end and the crowd wasn't leaving, I decided to just ask the doctor if we could go over one more thing... alone. Fortunately she was cool, and waved the youngsters away, telling them all to go find something else to do. And even better, there was no resistance to my use of cannabis as an adjunct treatment to the conventional treatments. She said she didn't have a problem with it, and was glad that I told her about what I was going to do. She also seemed familiar with the use of CCO, so I'm guessing I'm not the first patient to bring up this issue.

So all systems are go once the harvest and cure are complete! :thumb:

Excellent work ST, and using flash has resulted in even better pictures.

I can only hope the Critical Cure seeds I've just popped grow into magnificent specimens like yours (I'll start a journal with my CC's soon). Have you tried Painkiller XL yet?

Regards

Thanks, Max. Photography is a hobby of mine, and I tend to get a bit obsessive with the technical details. Glad to hear it is working. I had trouble germinating my CC seeds, but once they popped it seems to be an easy strain to grow. I haven't tried the Painkiller strain, but I like the name! I'll be sure and check it out after a couple more cycles with the current strains. Seeds are too expensive not to clone!

Stellar

Well, they're nice, but not THAT nice. I thought they were 2 ft. tall for sure, but the tape measure shows the tallest is 20 inches. I'll have to settle for Roman gladius instead of a louisville slugger! :smokin:

Thanks so much, Sue! I sure hope the yield is high. That would take a lot of weight off my shoulders. Yeah, I'm digging the BD #2 colas. But the funny thing is, when I compare them to the BD #1 blooms, the BD #1 may be shorter, but they definitely have more mass to the buds. It will be interesting to compare the yield from each plant. But that will be more of an academic exercise, as all the BD clones I now have are from phenotype #2. It will be impressive seeing three to four plants all with colas that size!

Oh yeah, an update on my meeting with the oncologist. I was pretty nervous about the upcoming discussion for sure. My doc is a woman of science, and has made no bones about her belief that the only valid treatment is one fully vetted by multiple clinical trials. And of course this visit she had an entire entourage at her heels watching her prod and poke me. I'm used to her having someone in tow. I mean, after all it is a teaching hospital. But this covey of hangers on was truly impressive. A Fellow, an intern, a medical school student, and somehow a pre-med student had latched on as well. I was wondering how I could get my doc alone for a private discussion. But when the exam was coming to an end and the crowd wasn't leaving, I decided to just ask the doctor if we could go over one more thing... alone. Fortunately she was cool, and waved the youngsters away, telling them all to go find something else to do. And even better, there was no resistance to my use of cannabis as an adjunct treatment to the conventional treatments. She said she didn't have a problem with it, and was glad that I told her about what I was going to do. She also seemed familiar with the use of CCO, so I'm guessing I'm not the first patient to bring up this issue.

So all systems are go once the harvest and cure are complete! :thumb:

Good God, what a relief. The family that I'm attempting to guide through seizures has a neurologist who literally covers her ears and begins to sing-song rather than risk listening to her patient's parents concerns and desire to try cannabinoid therapy. Too sad. I'm so thrilled you have a progressive-thinking oncologist. You'll be able to zero in on your treatment. Whew!!! :laughtwo: I didn't realize how important that was to me. Sure do care about you buckaroo. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom