Smoke3js Abbreviated Journal - Last 10 Days - Skunk47 Auto - DWC

Smoke3js

Greetings and Salutations Fellow Cannabis Enthusiasts.

I thought I would do a quickie journal just to cover the last 10 or 12 days of this Skunk47 and Trans-Siberian Auto-flowering grow. These plants, there are two of each strain, are now in the home stretch. Both take approximately 65 to 70 days from germination to reach their full potential. Since I grow in a very small space (2" x 2" x 5") these photos are pretty busy since my grow cabinet is currently stuffed to the max with 3 separate grows in progress.

Allow me to provide some statistics:

Number of plants: 4
Strains: (2) Skunk47 Auto and (2) Trans-Siberian Auto
Days since Germination: 50
Days until harvest: approx 15
Current PH: 5.7
Current TDS: 785
Water Temp: 72F
Air Temp: 77F
RH: 28%
Light Cycle: 12/12
Light Type: 300W LED + (2) T5-CFL
System Type: DWC + Top Feed

These gals are at day 50 now. The Trans-Siberian plants are about probably 1 week ahead of the Skunk47 in maturity. Here are some shots from the cabinet taken yesterday afternoon:

Skunk47_03.jpg
Skunk47_01.jpg
Skunk47_02.jpg

And a couple of shots of the Trichs taken with a 60x iPhone 5 - mounted microscope:

Skunk47_07.jpg
Skunk47_06.jpg
Skunk47_08.jpg

Nice plants!! That'll motivate the winter blues out of you!!

Those autos are something, huh??

Very happy you'll have meds,, soon!!

Not much change to report. It is becoming clear, however, that these two strains are not going to finish together. The Trans-Siberian is maybe 3 or 4 days from being ready, I'd say. Saturday would be perfect. Here are a few shots from a few minutes ago:

Lots of color, lots of frost. When I see 50% amber I'll cut 'em down
IMG_170416.jpg

IMG_170219.jpg
IMG_168619.JPG

Can't wait to smoke test, but I'm patient. The'll be properly dried and cured. That usually takes me about 3 weeks to get to a point where it's worth smoking. I don't do any of of those quick-dry tricks some folks do. I'm not in a rush. I'd rather that first taste be amazing. :Namaste:

If I pull the two Trans-Siberians Saturday, which I think is likely, I'll be sure to document it with plenty of pictures.

OK, so let's cap this one off. 3 of 4 plants are now harvested. I let one keep growing because it definitely needs more time. I cut them down during the week and hung them. Here are some shots:

IMG_173716.jpg
IMG_173822.jpg
IMG_173921.jpg
IMG_174023.jpg
IMG_174122.jpg

The yield on these was about what I expected. It's still far too wet for a weigh-in. I'll circle back to this one and post some shots of it all in the curing jars. I'm guessing I'll end up with about an ounce and a half from each plant

Final dry weight was:

1 Skunk 47 Auto plant = 48.3g dry

2 Trans Siberian Auto = 26.3 dry (disappointing weight but the smoke is amazing!)

This was essentially my bridge crop just to get rid of my autos because I'm done with Autos for now as I want to go back to plain old feminized seeds.

Anyway, knowing that I actually harvested the above much too early, I did have enough sense to leave one growing and I'm glad I did because it's been really putting on some mass, check it out, there are 4 main colas, 2 are short and 2 are longer

IMG_180724.jpg
IMG_180619.jpg

Nice trees, I bet reckon that dormitory smells mighty nice too. I recommend employing Doc Bud's washing method for the next plant that's harvested. I've heard only good things about the wash, even for improved bag appeal.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom