Social etiquette for Cannabis users

Re: Social etiquette for Cannabis smokers

Bloody brilliant job mate!!! Thank you for taking the time to compile this into one. I think many people will benefit from this. Well done Boss,

Here We Go. I should make a calander :)

ALWAYS:
1.) When lighting a fresh pipe, only light a corner of the bud and save some fresh taste for the next person. After the 4 corners are lit, flip the bud over and you will have fresh green bud underneath.
2.) Dry your lips before taking a puff.
3.) Clean your bud thoroughly, for the pleasure and taste.
4.) Always clear the chamber/s of the water pipe.
5.) Pass the water pipe if you begin to violently cough. (helps prevent spillage).
6.) Clean your accessories. There is no taste on earth that compares to the vulgarity of black stale bong water.
7.) Share the herb, because karma is a bitch.
8.) Tell your fellow brother or sister that you love them by pointing out that they have resin on their lips or teeth.
9.) Roll with one paper.
10.) De-seed and de-stem your pot.
11.) Save roaches.
12.) Light corners of the bud when sharing.
13.) Thank the provider of the herb for allowing you to commune with him/her.
14.) When smoking quality weed, use matches. Never use butane. Let it flare, then light the bowl.
15.) If a friend smokes you up one time, return the favor the next time around.
16.) Offer the green hit to you're guest.
17.) Always ask if the company you bring is welcome
18.) The one who rolls the joint or blunt lights it and takes the first hit(s), regardless of whose weed it is.
19.) Let whoever provides the weed determines who rolls the blunt/joint.
20.) Puff, Puff, Pass
21.) Handle buds with care. Use the small stem to handle them.
22.) Use fresh bong water
23.) Clean your screens
24.) Use a tray (left over weed/kief on my table is a waste)

NEVER:
1.) Hand a person a kicked pipe.
2.) Pass your lighter with the pipe. Too many lighters never get back to the owner.
3.) Pussy-out before the pipe is cashed. Finish smoking the shitty tasting pipe like everyone else. Also, it really sucks when it comes time to smoke another pipe because you either waste the half spent pipe or have to smoke it before you can enjoy a freshy.
4.) Toke and run unless it is known. It leaves everyone with the feeling of being used. Smoking is something that is better enjoyed with the company of loved ones and new friends, so sit back and relax.
5.) Lick the whole joint for a "slow burn."
6.) Hogging the reefer to yourself is often known as "Bogarting," punishable by death.
7.) Never roll your weed with "lumber" (sticks/stems).
8.) Never roll a "popcorn joint" (marijuana cigarettes with seeds).
9.) Criticize another's weed after smoking it.
10.) Spill the Bong water.
11.) Never talk while holding the joint.
12.) Scrape your friend's pipes.
13.) Don't skim others bags.
14.) Don't hand someone a clogged bong.
15.) Never narc.
16.) Put roaches in the ashtray-use a tray
17.) Drool all over the Bong, pipe, or joint
18.) Let people you do NOT intend to smoke with know you have pot.
19.) Show up to a smoke out with intentions of getting a free buzz.
20.) Pass a running joint.. fix it before you pass it.
21.) Rip the top of others papers to use for a filter.
22.) Skip someone in the room.
23.) Try to coerce someone into smoking.

I added that last one there....

Good job on the list big guy.Now I can make a copy and put it in my smoke house.Now they can read the rules for themselves.:bong::grinjoint::smokin:

Anyone hold to NEVER set the lighter on the rim of the bong? If it can go in, it will. It may sound like a stretch but ive seen it happen more than once and most i smoke with know it.

How about never placing a waterpipe/bong on the floor? There is always one designated clutz in social groups.

I personally have a problem with smoking with unfamiliar people and them coughing, sneezing, laughing or blowing into a bong with a packed bowl. Wet buds on the floor do not make for good conversation.

^That reminds me the first time I had hash I bought a gram put the whole thing in the bowl and being the gentleman I am I offered my girlfriend at the time the first (brown)hit.We were in the woods where we always had to puff,anyway she coughed the first hit out blowing the entire gram to God knows where.We looked for at least an hour and never found it.

OH NO! This story has me in tears. That really sucks.

That does bring a tear to the eyes... Some woodland critters sure enjoyed the fruits of your labor.

ahh. i think i finally thought of a contribution to the list. and it is actually more of a rule for yourself. NEVER: Let people you do NOT intend to smoke with know you have pot.

Yes! People always end up lingering around waiting for you to pack that bowl! I hate people like that!

Another thing that pisses me off, my boyfriend and I are always buying from his friend...his friend will get like an O and within 2/3 days we've pretty much bought all but one bag, (i don't know why we don't just buy in quanity)
and my boyfriend and i smoke with this character everyday out of the bags we buy from him....and that cheap mother f***** only packs like 2 bowls a week with us, if that!!!! Now how in the hell are you going to sell $20bag to someone and then sit there and smoke the whole thing with them and not pack your own shit up?

Needless to say, we got tired of it and haven't been smoking with to many people lately. My boyfriend and I smoke all the time....seriously, before work, after work, bowl, cigg, bowl, bowl, cigg...its a routine everyday...so we smoke alot of pot. And we've smoked alot with alot of people....always sharing. I'm not sure what it is...maybe the ignorant people around where I live....or whatever, but everyone just always smokes ours...waits for us to pack it up. Even his best friends do this....?!?!?!

Ex. My bf's friend came over the other day, bought a bag from another friend and stayed and chilled for a while. Of course after 45mins of waiting for him to pack a bowl cause he just got some...i took it upon myself to pack one. I did...we all smoked and he left after that....
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????

I can't believe people are actually this ignorant!

Whew...glad i got that off my chest

This is an easy problem to solve. Do what we call "match" a bowl. Meaning I will put in a smaller bud and you will match with one of equal size, we will mix it together and pack a bowl. This eliminates the chances of a single person packing a whole bowl and never being paid back, and if you didn't put in then you simply don't smoke. :cheesygrinsmiley:

^Yeah I hate asking people to match me though, they get all offended. Like I won't smoke mine unless they smoke theirs. Which is true for some people...those people who never...NEVER seem to have their own pot but "smoke all the time." I've thought about it and I'm just not going to buy from him for a while. He will see how much I buy from him and that he is losing an awesome customer.

You know....pot is supposed to relax you, i have a really hard time relaxing with so many freaking idiots and ignorant people around me.

Smoking herb should be a social thing, but there are many out there who have no idea of the social etiquette that should be used between cannabis smokers. I have passed out fliers of this list to my friends in hopes they will improve. One of whom I haven't smoked with in three weeks . . . he buys an oz. and smokes it over the weekend and then wants to bum from my quarter oz. till next payday. Hasn't happened in three weeks and no one knows about my tasty lowryder except family and I love smoking with family. I think it boils down to showing respect to each other. I don't demand anyone's respect, but if respect isn't shown, I'm not seen.

I think it is a great idea to pass this list around. We do need to set up social standards of usage, in preparation for when it becomes legal. We need to be socially adept with our open usage, or we further alienate ourselves from the moral majority. I want cannabis to be accepted by the moral majority, so I set standards of myself when representing cannabis awareness to initiates.

LoveDove420, I am no expert in the art of life, I am just here like you, but I do know I have one bit of control in life and that is I can pick my REAL family. Regular family you are born with (and stuck with), but your REAL family, i.e. brothers and sisters, you can pick... Pick them carefully... The only real test is the test of time. I am a "career biker". I have a handful (literally) of brothers and sisters I know I can always count on. They would kill or die for me as well as I would for them. THAT, is family... Anyone else matters very little to me. I never have to ask to match a bowl, money is there when I (or they) need it, support, love, and understanding. Anyone else can F*** off! Pick your nose at random, but pick your family very carefully...

People are like that all over the world lovedove420.When I was younger I used to capitalize off of the herb.I would smoke any body out even though they may only stop for a dime,but when I fell on hard times the people I smoked out all those years seem to pull a damn david copperfeild and vanish.So when I finely got back to where I could make a move, I rememberd how they left me hanging and did not hesitate to tell them to go to hell.So no matter whether your buying or selling always remember somebody out there is going to try and take advantage of the situation.:sasmokin:

Question: When giving a high quality grinder as a present, should you put a little herb inside?
When a wallet or purse is given, it's considered good luck to put some money inside, but money is still legal.

Yes...it is a very nice suprise to receive in one's grinder. plus...that initiates the grinder for the hard task ahead: grinding up blunt, after blunt, after blunt. i think that could also be seen as good luck too. A sign of many good smokes ahead.:grinjoint:

yes thank you moose, i wish people (namely my folks) would appreciate my intelligence for what it is. they are both so against cannabis use...they just don't understand though. Even when i try to educate them about how it helps and the modern applications of it...they shoot me down claiming that "you see, this is what it does to you" WTF is that shit...oh well i have come to the realization that i shall continue to smoke Herb freely and openly because it can unite us

That kind of thing is always appreciated. I've occasionally given glass pipes as gifts and I always fill the bowl before wrapping it. Always brings a smile to the recipient's face.

:bongrip: Peace

Back
Top Bottom