Social etiquette for Cannabis users

ALWAYS:
1.) When lighting a fresh pipe, only light a corner of the bud and save some fresh taste for the next person. After the 4 corners are lit, flip the bud over and you will have fresh green bud underneath. (if you do barrow someone else’s lighter, give it back to the owner, don't pass it around without his/her permission.)
2.) Dry your lips before taking a puff.
3.) Clean your bud thoroughly, for the pleasure and taste.
4.) Always clear the chamber/s of the water pipe.
5.) Pass the water pipe if you begin to violently cough. (helps prevent spillage).
6.) Clean your accessories. There is no taste on earth that compares to the vulgarity of black stale bong water.
7.) Share the herb, because karma is a bitch.
8.) Tell your fellow brother or sister that you love them by pointing out that they have resin on their lips or teeth.
9.) Roll with one paper.
10.) De-seed and de-stem your pot.
11.) Save roaches.
12.) Light corners of the bud when sharing.
13.) Thank the provider of the herb for allowing you to commune with him/her.
14.) When smoking quality weed, use matches. Never use butane. Let it flare, then light the bowl.
15.) If a friend smokes you up one time, return the favor the next time around.
16.) Offer the green hit to you’re guest.
17.) Always ask if the company you bring is welcome
18.) The one who rolls the joint or blunt lights it and takes the first hit(s), regardless of whose weed it is.
19.) Let whoever provides the weed determines who rolls the blunt/joint.
20.) Puff, Puff, Pass
21.) Handle buds with care. Use the small stem to handle them.
22.) Use fresh bong water
23.) Clean your screens
24.) Use a tray (left over weed/kief on my table is a waste)
25.) Match bowls if a friend packs one

NEVER:
1.) Hand a person a kicked pipe.
2.) Pass your lighter with the pipe. Too many lighters never get back to the owner.
3.) Pussy-out before the pipe is cashed. Finish smoking the shitty tasting pipe like everyone else. Also, it really sucks when it comes time to smoke another pipe because you either waste the half spent pipe or have to smoke it before you can enjoy a freshy.
4.) Toke and run unless it is known. It leaves everyone with the feeling of being used. Smoking is something that is better enjoyed with the company of loved ones and new friends, so sit back and relax.
5.) Lick the whole joint for a "slow burn."
6.) Hogging the reefer to yourself is often known as "Bogarting," punishable by death.
7.) Never roll your weed with "lumber" (sticks/stems).
8.) Never roll a "popcorn joint" (marijuana cigarettes with seeds).
9.) Criticize another's weed after smoking it.
10.) Spill the Bong water.
11.) Never talk while holding the joint.
12.) Scrape your friend's pipes.
13.) Don't skim others bags.
14.) Don't hand someone a clogged bong.
15.) Never narc.
16.) Put roaches in the ashtray-use a tray
17.) Drool all over the Bong, pipe, or joint
18.) Let people you do NOT intend to smoke with know you have pot.
19.) Show up to a smoke out with intentions of getting a free buzz.
20.) Pass a running joint.. fix it before you pass it.
21.) Rip the top of others papers to use for a filter.
22.) Skip someone in the room.
23.) Try to coerce someone into smoking.
24.) Hit glass bowls/chillums on the ashtray to get the ash out.
25.) Never skimp on peoples sacks.

I think i got them all

Re: Social etiquette for Cannabis smokers

a few more for ya moose:)

always use fresh bong water
never pass a running joint.. fix it before you pass it
always clean your screens
always use a tray ( left over weed/ kief on my table is a waste)
never rip the top of others papers to use for a filter
never skip someone in the room
never cut out
NEVER ask someone if they want to match ( I will always smoke my weed with someone.. asking me if i want to match a doobie is insulting... like you wont smoke yours unless i have one too)
NEver put roaches in the ashtray!! they just dont go there.. I hate having to have to look through my butts before I dump (also what the tray is for)
"rollers rights" roller lights the doobie ( unless house rules have changed it) in my house we change the rule frequently just for fun:)
and finally....
PUFF PUFF PASS :passitleft:

i dont think its that big of a deal 2 ask if some1 wants 2 match it just means more to smoke. because if i ask some1 2 match as im rollin up already its not like im gonna say" oh your not matchin so you cant smoke" cuz im still smokin it with em. thats just my opinion...thought id share

Here is my contribution. Don't Gary pack. If you are going to pack a bowl, pack a fucking bowl. Don't pack a little tiny ass fucking bud in the bowl and expect everyone to get high. I use to have this friend, Gary, and this mother fucker had packing cheap ass bowls down to a science. We would all usually have bud and take turns packing bowls. Well, whenever Gary packed, for one, he always, and I mean always, took the first hit and never gave one of us the first hit. Second, no matter if there were three, four, five, or six of us, each of us would get one hit and he would get two, i.e. the first and the last. Occasionally, if there were two of us, when he packed you would get two hits and he would get three. I guess he was feeling generous. I don't know how he did it every time, but the guy had real talent at doing this. He actually developed a reputation for this amongst my friends. Although Gary has moved away, to this day my friends and I call a cheap ass pack a "Gary pack". So you all, please don't Gary pack and do Gary the honor of using this term when ever someone pulls this shit.

mmjmike

:bongrip::bongrip:

I think I have an idea for a rule that needs to be added, but I don't know what it should be. So, we need input from all.

Here's the issue: Most people prefer a particular way of smoking, some are very adamant about it, and make an issue of not liking someone else's favorite. Some don't like metal, or blunts or bongs, etc., etc. Personally, I don't really care as long as it's passed to me, at my house I give people their choice because I have almost all types.

I'd like to say: "if you don't like it, don't smoke it", but that's not fair.

So who choses? The owner of the house, the owner of the weed, or the guy who doesn't like the piece that's offered, and says "here, use mine"?
:bongrip::Rasta::cool::smokin::joint::hmmmm:

Hmm... I'd have to say IMO, whoever is packing can smoke it whichever way they'd like to, and if someone else doesn't like to smoke that way, they can either just smoke it anyway or pass on it. I know it sounds kind of cruel, but it isn't as if you aren't smoking them to spite them; it's only because they don't want to smoke that way and the owner of the herb wants to.

Oh, and I have another rule.

NEVER pack a bowl out of someone else's stash unless they ask you to.

I can't remember who it was, but a long time ago I was smoking a friend up, and after I had packed three bowls and I was really stoned and not intending on packing anymore, all of a sudden he reached into my stash, packed another bowl and lit it up. I was completely speechless, but it really pissed me off. :laughtwo:

Thats a really good rule man. I HATE when di&%heads like grab yer sack..now that i think about that was funny as hell, but still! it pisses me off when someone jsut grabs a bud out of the bag and just proceeds to to burn it assuming its all fine and dandy.really makes me not want to be social. but luckily for me ive been smokin solo for up unitl recently.started hanging witha buddy from middle school. pretty interesting. gets good smoke:grinjoint: but i htink i have a rule that everyone can agree on here:

NEVER BE PICKY! just SMOKE THAT SHIT and get blazed. esspecially if your broke ass did not pay a dime for that 175 dollar quater.. god that pissed me off..lol
another good rule: never lend your piece out! you dont know what kind of foul shit some one will smoke in your piece and there is no way to get the taste out unless you boil the bitch!

im putting the list of rules on my myspace page..lol should be interesting. im also printing the 'sinsemilla laws' small enough to fit in my wallet. im adding penalties accordingly. dropping the joint(party foul) calls for being left out of the rotaion two cycles.not taking your bong hit(clearing a water pipe chamber), drink the bong water.lol (thats just for any Amateur smokers i might happen to smoke with. hehehehe) im sure there will be more but the rules are deff. going around. thanks *****,boss and KB..i htink..:grinjoint:

NEVER pack a bowl out of someone else's stash unless they ask you to.

I can't remember who it was, but a long time ago I was smoking a friend up, and after I had packed three bowls and I was really stoned and not intending on packing anymore, all of a sudden he reached into my stash, packed another bowl and lit it up. I was completely speechless, but it really pissed me off. :laughtwo:

Re: Social etiquette for Cannabis smokers

Ok, I'm curious now....what is a "kicked" pipe? Is that another term for "cashed"??

Also, always get a vote ahead of time on what tunes are on the cd player, etc. No sense in fighting over musical preference, ya know?

Furthermore, if you know you are hosting the party...put at least 2 gallons of water in the fridge. One for the dreaded cottonmouth and the other for the bongwater---chilled bongwater with ice is much smoother than room temperature.

:peace:S.J.S.:peace:

Here We Go. I should make a calander :)

ALWAYS:
1.) When lighting a fresh pipe, only light a corner of the bud and save some fresh taste for the next person. After the 4 corners are lit, flip the bud over and you will have fresh green bud underneath.
5.) Pass the water pipe if you begin to violently cough. (helps prevent spillage).
6.) Clean your accessories. There is no taste on earth that compares to the vulgarity of black stale bong water.
8.) Tell your fellow brother or sister that you love them by pointing out that they have resin on their lips or teeth.
9.) Roll with one paper.
11.) Save roaches.
14.) When smoking quality weed, use matches. Never use butane. Let it flare, then light the bowl.
16.) Offer the green hit to you’re guest.
18.) The one who rolls the joint or blunt lights it and takes the first hit(s), regardless of whose weed it is.
20.) Puff, Puff, Pass
23.) Clean your screens

NEVER:
2.) Pass your lighter with the pipe. Too many lighters never get back to the owner.
3.) Pussy-out before the pipe is cashed. Finish smoking the shitty tasting pipe like everyone else. Also, it really sucks when it comes time to smoke another pipe because you either waste the half spent pipe or have to smoke it before you can enjoy a freshy.
4.) Toke and run unless it is known. It leaves everyone with the feeling of being used. Smoking is something that is better enjoyed with the company of loved ones and new friends, so sit back and relax.
6.) Hogging the reefer to yourself is often known as "Bogarting," punishable by death.
15.) Never narc.

I added that last one there....

i hate it sooooo much when ppl mooch weed from me, i always have bud around and sometimes it makes it hard to tell who your real friends are.....someone will call me up and be like hey wanna chill so theyll come over then inevetibly theyll ask if i wanna blaze then when i start to bust mine up i find out they dont have any to contribute....argh

i hate it sooooo much when ppl mooch weed from me, i always have bud around and sometimes it makes it hard to tell who your real friends are.....someone will call me up and be like hey wanna chill so theyll come over then inevetibly theyll ask if i wanna blaze then when i start to bust mine up i find out they dont have any to contribute....argh
That is a problem everywhere - the haves and the haves not. I've had to learn to lie - "Come on over and chill, I'm out of pot so I hope you have a bowl." If they don't show up, come up with a excuse why they can't come over, or split soon after arriving, then off the guest's list they go. Now there are friends that just can't seem to hook up and just need some help in that area. And as friends, we just have to help a brother out. If I become the last resort every time, the resort closes for the season.

This brings up a pet peeve of mine.

Don't spray air freshener around me when I am smoking. The absolute last thing I want to do is replace that lovely natural floral aroma with some unknown chemical spray, so that your wife feels better about not getting in trouble :)

My friend has a son with allergies, so his wife says no smoking in the house(not even the basement) But when we were allowed, she would spray this $1.99 can of pine odor stuff, and make me sick to my stomach every time. I tried to explain how much worse that shit was for her sons allergies, but...

Of the list in post #92. I have a problem with

Never

It may be wisdom from the point of keeping one's lighter, but as etiquette, it seems polite to provide a light.
IMO, passing a lighter is not a "Never".

ALWAYS:
1.) When lighting a fresh pipe, only light a corner of the bud and save some fresh taste for the next person. After the 4 corners are lit, flip the bud over and you will have fresh green bud underneath. (if you do barrow someone else's lighter, give it back to the owner, don't pass it around without his/her permission.)
9.) Roll with one paper.
11.) Save roaches.
16.) Offer the green hit to you're guest.
20.) Puff, Puff, Pass
23.) Clean your screens
25.) Match bowls if a friend packs one
26.) When smoking in groups, always get a vote ahead of time on what music should be played.
27.) Use ice catches in bongs.
28.) Keep plenty of water in the refrigerator.

NEVER:
15.) Never narc.
24.) Hit glass bowls/chillums on the ashtray to get the ash out.
25.) Never skimp on peoples sacks.
26.) Be picky!! Smoke what is packed and get blazed
27.) Spray air freshener around me when I am smoking.

I think I got them all sorry if I missed any!!!

great job!:D

Back
Top Bottom