Social etiquette for Cannabis users

Re: Social etiquette for Cannabis smokers

Kickstart--Yeah I know what you mean. I've had a hard time over the last few years, my father was military...so I don't really have roots anywhere. I got to know people for like 3-4 years then had to move. Its hard for me to find family like that. Especially where I live. The people here I know are mostly scum and only care about themselves. I know I have my parents and my boyfriend and sister though.

Wannahit--I know exactly what you mean. And thats the type of stuff I'm talking about. Kinda like anytime I pack a bowl when people are over they smoke it, then light up a cigg and smoke that then leave....like wtf?
Grrr....it just angers me so that some people don't even have common sense to be nice and think. Its whatever now though. I don't care anymore.

Thanks!

i love the list, it's good to know we agree. i've allways known these things, too bad everyone doesn't. first time i've seen it in writing, though.
i can only think of one thing to add. it's about the lighter issue: if you do have to borrow someone else's lighter, give it back to the owner, don't pass it around without his permission.
oh yeah , and i once heard you should allways pass the smoke to the left, anyone agree?

That kind of thing is always appreciated. I've occasionally given glass pipes as gifts and I always fill the bowl before wrapping it. Always brings a smile to the recipient's face.

:bongrip: Peace

I always give close friends that smoke a brand new zippo on occasions. I collect them myself so that is my first choice. If they don't use tobacco I give them a pipe with a bowl in it....

:Rasta:

Important fact to remember.

If one of your friends smokes you up a few times, and they know you are getting paid soon, at least buy a ten sack and smoke a blunt with them, don't get paid, buy a sack, and not answer your phone the whole weekend, that shit is shady.

ALWAYS:
1.) When lighting a fresh pipe, only light a corner of the bud and save some fresh taste for the next person. After the 4 corners are lit, flip the bud over and you will have fresh green bud underneath.

Thats awesome Moose. My bud and I always smoke together, and we always make sure to burn half the bowl so we both get greens. My other more casual smoking buddies tend to not care and they always give me crap for trying to improve everyones smoking experience. Finally I know I'm not an anal retentive smoker!

-Umpsy

It is ok to be a suppositor as long as you don't try to make a withdrawal.

My friends and I match, but its never really implied. One of us will just say, "Do you guys wanna go smoke?" or something along those lines, and we'll go to the smoking area of whoever's house we're at and someone will pack a bowl and when that bowl's cashed, someone else packs a bowl, and so on until everyone's packed one. The only time matching is really mentioned is if someone asks if we'd like to pitch in on a joint, but no one really minds.

-jps :peace:

read most of the thread... how about

NEVER:

Hit my bowls/chillums on the ashtray to get the ash out! That is one that bothers me real badddddddddddddddd!

read most of the thread... how about

NEVER:

Hit my bowls/chillums on the ashtray to get the ash out! That is one that bothers me real badddddddddddddddd!

Very, very true. I'm surprised none of us thought of that one yet.

-jps :peace:

This is as of page 3 if anyone wants to add stuff and re-post.

ALWAYS:
1.) When lighting a fresh pipe, only light a corner of the bud and save some fresh taste for the next person. After the 4 corners are lit, flip the bud over and you will have fresh green bud underneath.
2.) Dry your lips before taking a puff.
3.) Clean your bud thoroughly, for the pleasure and taste.
4.) Always clear the chamber/s of the water pipe.
5.) Pass the water pipe if you begin to violently cough. (helps prevent spillage).
6.) Clean your accessories. There is no taste on earth that compares to the vulgarity of black stale bong water.
7.) Share the herb, because karma is a bitch.
8.) Tell your fellow brother or sister that you love them by pointing out that they have resin on their lips or teeth.
9.) Roll with one paper.
10.) De-seed and de-stem your pot.
11.) Save roaches.
12.) Light corners of the bud when sharing.
13.) Thank the provider of the herb for allowing you to commune with him/her.
14.) When smoking quality weed, use matches. Never use butane. Let it flare, then light the bowl.
15.) If a friend smokes you up one time, return the favor the next time around.
16.) Offer the green hit to you’re guest.
17.) Always ask if the company you bring is welcome
18.) The one who rolls the joint or blunt lights it and takes the first hit(s), regardless of whose weed it is.
19.) Let whoever provides the weed determines who rolls the blunt/joint.
20.) Puff, Puff, Pass
21.) Handle buds with care. Use the small stem to handle them.
22.) Use fresh bong water
23.) Clean your screens
24.) Use a tray (left over weed/kief on my table is a waste)

NEVER:
1.) Hand a person a kicked pipe.
2.) Pass your lighter with the pipe. Too many lighters never get back to the owner.
3.) Pussy-out before the pipe is cashed. Finish smoking the shitty tasting pipe like everyone else. Also, it really sucks when it comes time to smoke another pipe because you either waste the half spent pipe or have to smoke it before you can enjoy a freshy.
4.) Toke and run unless it is known. It leaves everyone with the feeling of being used. Smoking is something that is better enjoyed with the company of loved ones and new friends, so sit back and relax.
5.) Lick the whole joint for a "slow burn."
6.) Hogging the reefer to yourself is often known as "Bogarting," punishable by death.
7.) Never roll your weed with "lumber" (sticks/stems).
8.) Never roll a "popcorn joint" (marijuana cigarettes with seeds).
9.) Criticize another's weed after smoking it.
10.) Spill the Bong water.
11.) Never talk while holding the joint.
12.) Scrape your friend's pipes.
13.) Don't skim others bags.
14.) Don't hand someone a clogged bong.
15.) Never narc.
16.) Put roaches in the ashtray-use a tray
17.) Drool all over the Bong, pipe, or joint
18.) Let people you do NOT intend to smoke with know you have pot.
19.) Show up to a smoke out with intentions of getting a free buzz.
20.) Pass a running joint.. fix it before you pass it.
21.) Rip the top of others papers to use for a filter.
22.) Skip someone in the room.
23.) Try to coerce someone into smoking.

Back
Top Bottom