SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

I did the same thing. Got the same freebies, but ordered Reserva Privada Kosher Kush. I've grown this once and absolutely love it. So I'll get a mother out of the next batch and keep her as a regular part of my routine. I'm in hopes of choosing two moms from the freebies.

Brilliant minds think alike! :high-five:

I'm in it all for the mom's, too. But, I've found that even though I can maintain three mom's, it doesn't leave me enough room to veg as many clones as I like, so I'm gonna TRY (I really don't expect to be successful on this! :) ) to not sprout more than two seeds then take some clones and see what I get. If better than what I'm already growing, I'll let the mom grow out and replace one of the current strains. If not, I'll sprout another seed or two. So, with close to 20 seeds coming, I'm guessing it will be at least a few years before I can get through them all!

Hey Krip, my scientifically related brother!!! Guess who's back???

Ohh, and keep an eye out for a new journal, to be coming soon!!!

Hello to ALL my friends and fam here, so great to be back!!!!

Peace and God bless,
GT

It's about time you're back! Where the hell have you been? We've missed ya', Bro! :circle-of-love:

Post me a link when you get your new journal up since I haven't been keeping up like I used to! :high-five:

QUICK UPDATE - GROW TENT MAINTENANCE ISSUE!

I was just checking the girls in the grow tent for the first time in a couple of days and was pretty surprised to see several plants with a bunch of burnt leaves. They had plenty of water, so I checked the temp and it was over 90* F! :thedoubletake:

Even in the summer, it stayed around 82* F, or so, so I knew something must be wrong.

The air intake is on the bottom of the tent (on a carpeted floor) and I have it about a foot from a wall (where there's a window with curtains) to allow it to get air. Since it's up against the wall, I don't really check it and haven't had the need to, but it was the first thing I checked when I saw the high temp with the exhaust still running perfectly.

When I looked at it, what I found was that the intake was drawing in dust that was being filtered out by the intake screen, and the screen was totally clogged so there wasn't good airflow at the intake.

I used a vacuum with one of the upholstry brush attachments to clean off the screen and the temp is dropping now.

Most of the plants are fine and should recover with no issue, but there was one or two that really don't look good and may end up in the hash pile.

I wanted to post this as a tip for others to monitor the intakes on your tents, especially in a dusty (or pet hair filled) environment to avoid potential temp issues.

Happy Harvests!

K

Yikes on the intake! Good points, though. I just checked mine recently, as they will get clogged after a while. I'm glad you got it before things got worse. Glad things are busy for you, but hope you get some time to enjoy life a little, too. :)

Hey Krip, Question about the PE. How long do you normaly veg your clones.The PE I have has very little stretch when placed in flower.Havent harvested any of them yet but very frosty at 21 days.:thanks::goodjob:

Hey Old Friend......glad you found the bullet before it killed a bunch of your girls. Good to say at least "Hello" to you before you're gone again. :peace:

Thanks, Brother! :thanks:

Sorry I didn't have a chance to post a reply before I was "gone again" :)sorry:) but I did manage to throw it a "Like"! I'll try to get a little caught up this week.

Wow, lucky you caught that problem before it messed up more of your plants. I couldnt go more than a day or 2 with out checking in.

I usually don't go more than 2-3 days, either, since the hempys need watering every two days, or so. Sometimes I go three depending on what time they got fed the previous time. I'm not sure if it was 2 or 3 when they got a little fried, but whichever it was, it was definately too long in the heat!

Based on how clogged the intake screen was, I'm guessing it was several days, if not weeks, that the temps were too high and I just didn't notice until it became obvious. :icon_roll:

Yikes on the intake! Good points, though. I just checked mine recently, as they will get clogged after a while. I'm glad you got it before things got worse. Glad things are busy for you, but hope you get some time to enjoy life a little, too. :)

Thanks, Bro! Luckily, I find a way to enjoy life in almost everything I do, although, I have to admit it was a tough week regarding some computer issues that were really hard to find any enjoyment in! :)

All the plants, except two, made it fine. The two that got crispy wound up in the hash pile, so I now have some pretty nice buds for hash and a large supply of trimmings, so I'm gonna get some more dry ice this weekend and whip up a batch! :yahoo:

Hey Krip get those beans yet? If so any popped or germing? Cleaned my intake after reading your post thanks for the heads up. :thumb:

Hey Mr. G! I haven't received the new order yet. The tracking info shows it spent five days in New York before they processed it for shipment from there on Thursday night. But, they're actually being delivered to another address and, as I remember from the last order, they had arrived before the tracking info showed it, so I'll probably check this weekend.

Hey Krip, Question about the PE. How long do you normaly veg your clones.The PE I have has very little stretch when placed in flower.Havent harvested any of them yet but very frosty at 21 days.:thanks::goodjob:

Hey Bro! I've commented in my journals several times at how little stretch my PE's have, too. They don't even double in size, and in fact, I've found the stretch less than 50%. Because of this, I usually veg the PE's to about 16" to get a SOG plant thats about 22".

I should note that none of the three strains I've been growing exhibit much stretch in flower, but the PE's are definately the least of the three. I surmise that the LED's I'm using somehow work to keep the plants shorter. :Namaste:

Hey Bro! I've commented in my journals several times at how little stretch my PE's have, too. They don't even double in size, and in fact, I've found the stretch less than 50%. Because of this, I usually veg the PE's to about 16" to get a SOG plant thats about 22".

I should note that none of the three strains I've been growing exhibit much stretch in flower, but the PE's are definately the least of the three. I surmise that the LED's I'm using somehow work to keep the plants shorter. :Namaste:

I sprouted 2 PE "moms" to see which I liked best. Interestingly, one looked much more sativa right off the bat. I tried flowering this one the last round, but like you guys mention, it didn't stretch much at all after the flip and was overwhelmed by the other plants. The same pheno is also a bit of a poor rooter for me. The moms never build themselves a very good root system, and feel a bit weak at the base of the stem.

The other pheno looked more indica/hybrid right off the bat. This one stretches more normally and is very vigorous - also roots very well. While it's not a crazy stretcher, it's definitely a normal stretcher. I am really liking the looks of this one in flower so far. It's clear there are a couple of phenos that have some noticeable differences I think.

Both of them smell the same, almost identically, though they grow and look considerably different. I can't wait for mine to finish, I've been drooling over everyone else's for a while now!

QUICK UPDATE - NEW SEED ORDER ARRIVED

Mr. G, this update is for you, since it appears I spoke a little too soon! :)

DSCN24441.JPG

I'm still debating whether to start germing any now or wait. I have to go away for about 4-5 days towards the end of February and will have a buddy taking care of the plants. I only need him to do one feeding while I'm gone, but I'm not sure I want to risk any of the new seeds.

I may start one of the Royal Cream Caramels or White Widows since I do have multiples of those.

I'll let you know what I decide to do!

Thanks for your response Mr.Krip and X. I'm sure I read about the PE stretch in your journal.I've just started growing the PE I didn't make note of it.In my notes now.Sorry you had to repeat info and thanks for the help.I also am growing a Critical Sensie Star and it seems the pheno I have of it has about the same stretch as the PE.I have more PE beans to find a different pheno,the C.S.S. was a freebie.Both the PE and the C.S.S. are very frosty. Again much thanks guys I'll be following yalls journals and taking notes.:thanks::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom