Solo Grow Challenge 2014 - Preparation Thread

Can't wait to get this started. I can't think of any other rules to add, so sounds like a go to me. Not sure if I'll do an HGK/SB flowering clone or a PC clone. Flowering clones take longer to root right?

Everything is contained? I mean maybe except the water.

Then that's not contained. Lol how hard is that to understand?
Anything like that just simply won't be allowed in the contest is all.

Cheers hope that clears things up.

So you can't grow hydroponically at all? Good luck with it then, I guess I'm out.

Btw, just about every solo contest I've seen allows hydro as long as you don't have roots out of the cup.

That's the part your missing. This isn't a contest dude. Its people growing in solo cups and seeing what different strains do in solo cups.
And old contests use to allow it. Now none of them do. And you're telling me your roots will be contained in the cup? Not in the tubes lol..... that's almost impossible unless you trim your roots daily.
This is a solo challenge, not a contest who can grow the biggest plant in a jerry rigged solo cup. Its a challenge if you can grow in a solo cup. Sucks that your out, but I don't see the big fuss. What did you plan on gaining? Obviously it wouldn't even be worth comparing a solo cup with a 5 gal rez attached to it.

Cheers man

FYI most solo contests do not allow it... Its cheating basically. Not sure where u got your assumptions lol

Maybe from 420 forums?

Anyways, it's an ebb and flow flood tray, so no, there isn't any roots coming out of the cup. They are all air pruned.

And have you ever seen or heard of ebb and flow? Because when you were talking about roots in tubes it sounded like you were talking about aeroponics. Just curious.

And a fuss? Where? I was asking a question, and it seems like everytime you reply your very condescending.

It's a challenge, contest, hobby, etc. doesn't matter what you call it. And ironically you called it a competition also, even though you tell me I'm missing the point when I called it a competition? Just curious about that also.

This guy just don't stop does he? What's so hard to comprehend . u asked I said no. You continue to dispute it?
All your arguments are at a moot point.

Have a good one man. Maybe next time. Or go host your own :) I'd glady enter and blow everyone out the water with a jerry rigged solo cup hahah jk

I'm not trying to argue, I was asking a few questions and yet again your condescending.

And dispute what? I could care less about a challenge or competition or contest (idk which one it is, you have called it all three), I just wanted to know what your talking about. I've been running this setup and have yet to even see a TUBE for my roots to grow in (if they grew out in the first place, but I've heard roots don't like air and light to much). Where did you get that? Or is that one of those jerry rigged kinda things that peons like myself just don't know about?

Thanks Peyton, wish the OP would of stated that in the first post.

But nice grows btw, they look great.

Thanks. Growing is a lot of fun, I just wish I timed it all out better so I didn't have to go 3 or 4 months between harvests. We're still ironing out the rules for this, so mine was generally a blanket statement. I know very little about growing styles other than hempy, so I could be wrong about it all. I think at one point somewhere he stated that it had to be done by hand, no pumps or external equipment.

Sorry if I came across as an arse. Lol

I apologize if u took me the wrong way.

Guess that's the easiest way to put it Peyton... No pumps must be hand watered. For those who think they can undermine the game lol I don't understand why anyone would want to use pumps n shit. It's a solo cup. U won't harvest much off it anyways. Why make it complicated lol

Call it what u wanna call it, because I sure as hell calls em as I sees em ;).

I guess he should have known by your avatar lol.

Hahahahah

Starting to make sense ain't it? I really don't mean to be. When I type from my phone I'm quick.

Should see some of the shit I text the wife by just typing and not paying attention really.

Back
Top Bottom