Somehow it's Working - Soil, Sun & CFL's

Today is day 69. Fed yesterday. Also bought 2 more clamp lights and 2 42(150)W cfls.

If anyone knows, should I be looking at tungsten or all purpose watt ratings for my timer? I'm using all cfls. I really don't want to burn down the house.

My one little plant is about a week old and looking great, she's the only one of 12 to sprout. Had another seed with a long tap root that I planted yesterday along with 11 more, and tossed some more seeds into water to germ. I'd really like 6 babies with hopefully 3 keeper girls.

Big Amber - pistils slowly turning.

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG01821.jpg

B1 my giant sativa blend.

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG01831.jpg

IMAG01862.jpg

B5 my other sativa blend, not as big or healthy and lots of seeds showing.

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG01901.jpg

IMAG01881.jpg

IMAG01891.jpg

Well there's your seeds :cheesygrinsmiley: How the seeds happen? Did it go hermie?

It didn't but another one did and I didn't pull it or 2 other males quickly enough. I don't mind having a stash of seeds but I won't do that again. I'm hoping the other 2 have few or no seeds, I don't see any signs of them.

Great journal Blue, just read back three pages (it's been awhile) I think your buddage looks fantastic, ya even with the seeds! Continue to have patience and try to hold out till 'you' want to harvest. I think I read that your just giving them water and Molasses, correct? That's good.

All the best to you, you will have a great harvest!

Great journal Blue, just read back three pages (it's been awhile) I think your buddage looks fantastic, ya even with the seeds! Continue to have patience and try to hold out till 'you' want to harvest. I think I read that your just giving them water and Molasses, correct? That's good.

All the best to you, you will have a great harvest!

Thanks my friend! I'm still hanging in there, now day 72. Will these girls ever finish?

I'm still feeding them MG Bloom, every 4-5 days. I'm thinking about switching Big Amber to just water and molasses, just not sure how long she's got to go. Next to flush will be b5. I'm sure b1 still has weeks to go.

Ok today is day 72. I've added a few more lights and upgraded some bulbs, about 400 extra cfl watts for the home stretch. They have so many lights around them, and my time has been limited, and the sun has shifted dramatically in my backyard, so they mostly stay inside under the lights. Makes good pics hard to come by.

Ok technically the earth's axis of rotation has shifted dramatically and the sun has pretty much stayed in the same place, but the effect is the same.

Big Amber and B1 look great. B5, with her seeds, has continued to look shaky. But I'm confident that she'll finish ok. Still very few amber trichs when I last checked.

Still only have one seedling, none of the last 12 have sprouted. I may have to invest in some seeds soon.

A few pics to follow.

Big Amber, my indica & closest to finishing. 5-10% amber trichs still.

She's the only one to still get out lately.

IMAG01911.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG01951.jpg

B1 is my big sativa. She's so surrounded by lights it's tough to get any pics.

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG02032.jpg

And B5, my seeded & sickly girl... does anyone know if seeded plants finish any sooner/differently? Guess I'll find out. She's got the most amber pistils but not a lot of amber trichs yet. Some of the seeds look almost like they're ready to drop out of the colas.

IMAG02012.jpg

IMAG02051.jpg

IMAG02062.jpg

Blue :):):) Your starting to sound like an old pro now :cheer:
Is this the same guy I was talking to a few months ago?
Just checking in with you! :peace:

:peacetwo: back at you my friend.

I'm still just a hack grower. A few days ago I gave the girls some molasses but I didn't ph the water like I usually do. It runs acidic but I figured no biggie, it was just some molasses. Next morning my big, healthy sativa B1 was losing lots of her fan leaves. Unreal. The other 2 look fine, but it's always something new. I didn't think anything could hurt her.

Today is day 77 or 11 weeks. Nothing much new to report, the girls are staying in most of the time now so I'm not bothering with the pics. Fed them yesterday again.... but I may start the flush on Big Amber. She's not the same as the other Ambers although close... and her trichs are still mostly clear/cloudy.

I wish they'd finish already. Still no action on the 12 seeds I tried planting and the others didn't even germinate... so out of about 30 seeds I have one seedling. I think they were mostly immature.

Sunny, hot and dry here lately. Not killer hot but pushing 90.

That's it for today... have a great day everyone!

Hey Blue Don't feel too bad about the molasses, I did almost the same thing. My Church is still yellow. She just did not like it! We are talking a month ago and still yellow. Crap! Live and learn. :smokin:

One out of 30 is not too bad.......could have been one worse! :)

Take care my friend! :tokin:

Hey Blue Don't feel too bad about the molasses, I did almost the same thing. My Church is still yellow. She just did not like it! We are talking a month ago and still yellow. Crap! Live and learn. :smokin:

One out of 30 is not too bad.......could have been one worse! :)

Take care my friend! :tokin:

You make me laugh OMM! I haven't been around much recently, too much work lately and now I have a cold. Or else I'm allergic to this cat I've taken in. She's old and looked to be starving to death so that's my good deed for the year.

OMM what seed bank(s) do you use? I'm going to take the plunge.

You make me laugh OMM! I haven't been around much recently, too much work lately and now I have a cold. Or else I'm allergic to this cat I've taken in. She's old and looked to be starving to death so that's my good deed for the year.

OMM what seed bank(s) do you use? I'm going to take the plunge.

Hey Blue!

I use Attitude and Single Seed Company...both are our sponsors Either one is good. If you time things right with Attitude you can get some really good deals. First they give you free seeds depending on how much you spend, if you catch them during a special it's even better. A month or so ago I ordered two seed for $32.00 and got 7 free seeds! Good ones too.

Single Seed Center is cool, in that you can by $30 worth of seeds and you get two free seeds. I got a Super Lemon Haze and a Bubba Kush from them for freebies. Good stuff.

Each of them will let you buy single seeds too. On Attitude look in their Pick and Mix seeds to find them.

By the way, buying seeds can be addictive!!! :):)

totally agree with everything omm said....yeah, i got the slh and bubba also...think they are doing dinafems now....and it is horribly addicting....L

Finally a day off yes! I have a cold/flu but at least I don't have to work and you know what that means... a whole day with my favorite hobby:tokin::tokin::tokin:

The girls are out getting some sun finally, and I have some pics. Today is day 80.

Big Amber - I think she's my most indica but I'm totally confused anymore. She's about half clear, half cloudy with a little amber mixed in. I'm testing a small bud right now and she seems about like the other stuff I pulled early. I no longer think she's the same plant as the other two ambers but I'm not going to change her name.

She's got 5 colas about the size of a coke can but maybe a bit thinner, and another 13 colas that are smaller but still quite respectable. She's got a pretty strong odor... hints of exotic places, a cross between skunk and citrus.

IMAG02142.jpg

IMAG02154.jpg

Pistils are turning darker:

IMAG02162.jpg

IMAG02173.jpg

IMAG02183.jpg

IMAG02192.jpg

B1 is about 50 sets of fan leaves lighter than in her last pics. Damn ph. I didn't even give her that much acidic molasses and it killed all those fan leaves overnight. She was totally healthy to my eyes prior to that. I think she's more sativa, I didn't bother checking her trichs. Pistils are still mostly white. She's a monster plant by my standards. Dead fan leaves aside she still looks very healthy.

She's got 5 colas as long as 2 coke cans stacked together, and another 10 or so the size of a coke can. Again thinner but still filling out.

IMAG02201.jpg

IMAG02251.jpg

IMAG02232.jpg

IMAG02223.jpg

IMAG02242.jpg

Back
Top Bottom