Sorenna's Secret Garden - Photos - Indoors - Soil - LEDs

Hi Sorenna,

As far as being concerned about the light issue, and the temp fear not. I know everyone will tell you that 55 degrees is the danger point and even as low as 40 but truth be told, plants out in the wild can survive in temperatures even lower. So long as your grow tent did not reach a temperature where it was possible to frost, they may be extremely stressed out but they should be ok. Now as for the light, when my problems started out here in Oregon with my brother and his wife, I knew I was not going to have time to do my grow #2 and #3. While I did get #2 into the flower tent, I turned the lights out on my veg tent. That was over 2 weeks ago. The only time the lights have been on in that tent has been while burping my jars from grow #1 and while I have been PHing my water and feed for the flower tent. The lighting in the back room here is bad so I open my doors on my veg tent so it gives me better light to work in. Granted most of the plants in my veg tent are dead dead dead now, but I do have 1 plant that is struggling to stay alive. Why I have no idea, I think I watered them maybe 2 times over the last 2 weeks if that yet one just refuses to die.

My point is this, MJ is a weed and weeds have a strong desire to live. I am sure if you give them a little TLC they will bounce right back and continue on.
Once everything settles down completely I will be starting another journal, actually 2, one will be short lived and called, "How to kill your garden in 2 weeks" but the other will be my current grow #2 and the preparations for grow #3.

I am glad to hear your ordeal is over for now, hope it was and is your only ordeal this year.

Oh and consider me subbed, I will just grab a chair over here in the corner and enjoy your garden :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Hi, Oldergrower! Its a pleasure to have here amongst my pages. Ill be looking for you new journal(s).

I dont think they ever went below 35 and even when it was that low, it was not for that long. Time will tell, I suppose. That was actually my last ordeal of a very trying 2015. We got our power back just a few hours before midnight. lol Clean slate now for 2016.

Thanks for stopping by. :blushsmile:

UPDATE: Day 37 - Veg Stage

I got in there and took some pictures. Not bad, all things considered. Jill is showing a bit of wear and tear in her lower leaves, but it is coincidentally the same leaves that yellowed up before her last feeding. Sabrina is also showing a bit of yellowing in a couple of her tipmost fan leaves. I believe I will feed them this evening when the "sun comes up" for them.

Jill
Here is my pretty, resilient Jill. She was starting to bush out nicely down inside and her FIM is interesting looking too. It may not be a successful one, but I see LOTS of new growth in and around the cut area, so that is a win already: Goal reached. :blushsmile:

jill1021.jpg

Something chewed on her a little bit. Some critter looking for food in the cold rooms of my house, maybe.

jill10202.jpg

jill10203.jpg

Kelly
kelly10201.jpg

kelly10202.jpg

Sabrina
sabrina10201.jpg

sabrina10202.jpg

sabrina10203.jpg

For now, my plan is to feed them tonight and then go on as normal, as if the power outage never happened, and see what they do with that.

Hope yall have a good one!~

UPDATE: Day 39 Veg Stage

Hello yall. :blushsmile:

I gave the girls some food last night. I didnt give them a whole lot, they are stressed already. Ill give them another small drink in a day or so. Im having trouble with the soil, lol. It does not dry out, not even on top. I find it a lil frustrating, to be honest. I had just learned how to water them by lifting their pots. Either that doesnt work now, or they will never need water or food again. Im muddling through it. Buying moisture sensors is not really an option. Im really wishing that I had put some perlite in with the soil. Lesson learned. Dont do that again.

They are looking pretty good. Sabrina and Kelly both are a little bit droopy and Jill is showing more yellowing on her leaves, I think it was a lack of food being all but unattended during the dark days. All in all, I think they are fine. You decide: :blushsmile:

Jill
jill1041.jpg

jill1043.jpg

jill1044.jpg

jill1042.jpg

Kelly
kelly1041.jpg

kelly1042.jpg

kelly1043.jpg

Sabrina
sabrina1042.jpg

sabrina1041.jpg

sabrina1044.jpg

sabrina1043.jpg

Thats all I got for today.

See yall next time!~

Wow the girls look great! Can't even tell they were "hibernating". It's obvious they have a special spot for you in their being. They love you. And who could blame them. Your passion is obvious.

Happy New Year, Sorenna!!

:love:

:thumb:

Looking good.

I don't know about the color. You could go to harvest with those color leaves, but I understand your concern.

I tend to see yellow/light green on my fat leaf girls late in veg that remains until harvest. The more sativa leaf girls don't do it as much. I suspect it is water/light/something. It's nothing I understand. It doesn't seem to get worse or be related to how the fan leaves yellow and get eaten up in the flower room.

My girls drink less often in winter, I think it's cooler nights - but it might be that they 'know' it is winter.

The top of the soil gets very loose and dry to the touch when I water mainly from the bottom. Your top layer of soil looks too damp to my eye.

UPDATE: Day 39 Veg Stage

I gave the girls some food last night. I didnt give them a whole lot, they are stressed already. Ill give them another small drink in a day or so. Im having trouble with the soil, lol. It does not dry out, not even on top. I find it a lil frustrating, to be honest. I had just learned how to water them by lifting their pots. Either that doesnt work now, or they will never need water or food again. Im muddling through it. Buying moisture sensors is not really an option. Im really wishing that I had put some perlite in with the soil. Lesson learned. Dont do that again.

They are looking pretty good. Sabrina and Kelly both are a little bit droopy and Jill is showing more yellowing on her leaves, I think it was a lack of food being all but unattended during the dark days. All in all, I think they are fine. You decide: :blushsmile:

Jill
jill1041.jpg

jill1043.jpg

jill1044.jpg

jill1042.jpg

Kelly
kelly1041.jpg

kelly1042.jpg

kelly1043.jpg

Sabrina
sabrina1042.jpg

sabrina1041.jpg

sabrina1044.jpg

sabrina1043.jpg

Thats all I got for today.

See yall next time!~

I think you may have been right, better toss these all out and start over. I will be happy to take them to the trash for you (Wink Wink)

Your girls look very nice and very well shaped. If this is a sign of things to come, you should be having a great 2016 :circle-of-love:

Wow the girls look great! Can't even tell they were "hibernating". It's obvious they have a special spot for you in their being. They love you. And who could blame them. Your passion is obvious.

Happy New Year, Sorenna!!

:love:

Thank you, Pigeons! Happy New Year to you too!

They look amazing, them girls are gonna be just fine :)

Thanks, Feral. I wonder what its like to have an uneventful grow? lol Id prolly be bored. I love to watch them grow but, man, they take their time! haha

:thumb:

Looking good.

I don't know about the color. You could go to harvest with those color leaves, but I understand your concern.

I tend to see yellow/light green on my fat leaf girls late in veg that remains until harvest. The more sativa leaf girls don't do it as much. I suspect it is water/light/something. It's nothing I understand. It doesn't seem to get worse or be related to how the fan leaves yellow and get eaten up in the flower room.

My girls drink less often in winter, I think it's cooler nights - but it might be that they 'know' it is winter.

The top of the soil gets very loose and dry to the touch when I water mainly from the bottom. Your top layer of soil looks too damp to my eye.

Hi, Radogast. :blushsmile: I think the green parts are a pretty green, the yellowing is mostly just a few select leaves that have decided to yellow around the edges. I personally feel like they havent gotten enough food. Ive only fed/watered them twice in the 40 days or so they have been in existence. I cant think thats too much, but I agree the soil looks quite wet.

I decided to do some leaf tucking last night and what I discovered under those leaves was not very encouraging. The new leafage looks yellow and scrawny. Definitely not getting enough light under there. I know defoliating is not the best practice in the world, but I really think that Sabrina at least might benefit. Whatcha think? Those leaves, especially on Jill, are bigger than my hand.. granted my hand isnt that big, but still.

I took a picture of her all tucked in. She looks different now.

sabrina1051.jpg

lol OlderGrower. I think I may have established a trend of not throwing my plants even when I should. It is even bothers me a little bit when other people throw out their subpar plants. I dont know why, but there it is. Its going to hurt my feelings to toss the males when its time.

Thank you. Im trying with this grow to work in my shaping and/or yield. Maybe too late for yield but Ill take what they give me, I reckon.

Hi, Radogast. :blushsmile: I think the green parts are a pretty green, the yellowing is mostly just a few select leaves that have decided to yellow around the edges. I personally feel like they havent gotten enough food. Ive only fed/watered them twice in the 40 days or so they have been in existence. I cant think thats too much, but I agree the soil looks quite wet.

Leaf tip and edges is something that happened - cold, oils clogging pores, nutes, lockout - not something that is still happening.
My thought is there is nothing to do unless it happens some more.

I decided to do some leaf tucking last night and what I discovered under those leaves was not very encouraging. The new leafage looks yellow and scrawny. Definitely not getting enough light under there. I know defoliating is not the best practice in the world, but I really think that Sabrina at least might benefit. Whatcha think? Those leaves, especially on Jill, are bigger than my hand.. granted my hand isnt that big, but still.

I took a picture of her all tucked in. She looks different now.

I harvested some really luscious buds and leaves smothered in fan leaves about a month ago. It makes me think this business about tucking leaves is mostly a training technique. I have to think the sugars generated by those big fan leaves and passed down to the roots and the other parts of the plant are worth a lot. I now only tuck leaves to slow down the immediate stalk - similar to tying leaves over the buds to slow down bud grown or spreading growing leaves to shorten nodes.

Tucking leaves is 'grower's wisdom' but I don't know if it is wise. I expect to find out some day.

2015-11-28_21_16_22.jpg

2015-11-28_21_17_14.jpg

She still looks pretty, but now more high maintenance :)

UPDATE: Day 44 - Veg stage

The girls are doing okay. Kelly got a lot droopy and I couldnt figure out why, until I picked up her little pot to check the surface of her soil. She was dry. At least now I know the soil *can* dry out. lol Also, shes ready to repot. Ill get on that in the next day or so.

Jill and Sabrina both got little trims. I only took off the hugest leaves on the top and the ugly, little growth way low. Some of those leaves, particularly Jill's were bigger than my hand. I think they both look better. Jill looks best, not because she is bigger, but because her leaves look normal and Sabrina's leaves dont. I think they both have a lovely shape and I havent yet had to start super cropping, maybe I wont need to.

Im going to give them some more feed probably tomorrow. I may add a little bit of epsom salt to counteract some of the yellowing I am continuing to see, though it isnt bad.

Anyway, I got new batteries for this camera.. again.. and here are the lil lovies in all their splendor (and flaws).

My Angels
myangels1091.jpg

Kelly
kelly1091.jpg

kelly1092.jpg

Jill
jill1091.jpg

Jill1092.jpg

Sabrina
sabrina1091.jpg

sabrina1092.jpg

Thats all folks!~

Wow

You have such a beautiful way with them. It's obvious the love and care you have for them. I'm a bit envious of the quality of the leaf and the richness of the colour!

:adore:

Another grape, Madam?

Like the look of Jill :cheer::cheer::cheer:
The other ladies look nice but Jill is the gal I would be asking to prom ;)

Thank you, OlderGrower. Shes a good girl. Go ahead and ask her, shes already wearing her prom dress. :)

Wow

You have such a beautiful way with them. It's obvious the love and care you have for them. I'm a bit envious of the quality of the leaf and the richness of the colour!

:adore:

Another grape, Madam?

Thank you, Pigeons. :blushsmile: Yes, I love the lil bits of fauna. They keep my mind occupied, maybe even when they shouldnt. lol I swear while we were away, warm and fed, my mind stayed on them (and my dogs). We couldnt take pets, so I would come home several times a day to let the dogs go do their doggie business and check on my girls. See? I spent too much time thinking about them. lol

You have a flair for growing.

My dad had a green thumb.

It would have been nice to inherit it :)

My mother has a bit of a green thumb. She likes to plant tomatoes and grow assorted houseplants. They always thrive and look so lush and pretty. I bet she could grow me some banging plants, however, she would never. lol She once told me that even though she knows cannabis has a big smell, she said she wasnt sure shed know what she was smelling if she smelled it, since to her knowledge shes never been around it. How I managed to be her daughter is beyond me. lol

Thank you, Radogast. Im not sure how much a flair I have, maybe a spark. lol They do all the work and I do all the worrying. Im going to have dye my hair soon to cover all these grays my girls are giving me. hehe

Back
Top Bottom