SpaceF - Auto-Flowers - Northern Light x Big Bud & Jack47 Auto

spacef

Hello,

This is my 2nd indoor organic grow of autoflowering strains with CFL. I've seeded them and sprout appear
01-All1.jpg

Strains:
======

- 2 * Northern Light x Big Bud Auto (World of Seeds)
- 2 * Jack 47 Auto (Sweet Seeds)

Containers:
- 6 liters, black plastic, square pots (18*18*23 sm, or 3*3*6 inches). So I can put 4 in 1 box.... I also want to see if I can reach the heights of a plant that would be grown into a bigger container.

Objectives:
==========
- higher plants than previous auto growth (aiming at 1 meter high max, ie 3 feet).
(for my previous growth of low plants, no journal, only pictures here : Media added by spacef )

Gear:
====

1 // Main Box
===========

• - 60*60*160 Blackbox silver (approx 2*2*5.2 feet)
  • - Cis Product SuperPlant CFL 250 W, one for growth, one for flowering
  • - Humidifier: Qlima, 6 liters , hygrostat, etc
  • - Extractor: Winflex TT125 230 - 280 m3/h , connected to the outside
  • - Filter; Bull filter, small size

• Fans:
  • - several 12cm PC fans on a rheobus with a Phobya PSU (sector to Molex) : one for intake (Noctua), 2 for refreshing the lamp (thermoregulated, enermax).
  • - One small clippable fan , used from outside the box.

2// Small box for germination
  • - 60*60*100 BBS (2*2*3 feet)
  • - CFL 250 W for growth
  • - small clippable fan directed to the exhaust at the top of the box. No need for more. noisy though.

Soil: Platinium Nutrient Light mix

Nutrients:
=======
1// Platinum Nutrient (organic only)
==========================
- Organic Grow
- Organic Bloom
- Rhyzoponics (for more root mass, bigger roots etc)
- Resine + (for flowers and resine)
- Humic Fluvic (for taste, flowers, resine - Resine + contains a bit of humic acids)

2// BioBizz (organic only):
====================
- Alg-a-Mic (oligo elements, health booster)
- BioHeaven (makes nutrient available to plants faster and in bigger quantity they say, it complements the rhyzoponics from Platinum Nutrientn (more roots get more nutrient more easily)
- Top Max: it can't be bad :)

Water:Only source water, one which taste I really like, and selected to have the poorest Ca/Mg as well as no nitrites, sulfites etc. no tap water to avoid chlorine, sodium, other.....

Pest control: only yellow stickers against flies, and a few blue ones against thrips.
- Organic liquid "Black Soap" - spray on before flowering, in case it is needed (case of invasions, more for outdoor)

Photoperiods:
==========
Grow: 16/8

cu soon

re: SpaceF - AutoFlos - Northern Light x Big Bud & Jack47 Auto

Ok , let's call it day 1
The Jack 47 were the first to show up 2 days ago, followed by one of the Norther Light the day after. The last Northern light showed yesterday evening. It looks a bit weak.

Germination process:
==============
filled the containers with the soil, and in the bathroom gave it a proper shower.
Then, in a bottle of source water, I added a few drops of organic grow, and a couple of drops of rhyzoponics the replace whatever was gone during the shower. Then soaked the soil again with this and let it rest for half an hour, or more, so it drains well. (This shower will take 1 week to 10 days to dry. No watering will happen in between, because there is a high risk of getting diseases at this stage (seeds fail), and if water is needed, I will use a spray).

- I bathed the seeds in a solution called "Xseed" by B.A.C, during 1 hour like they say. It softens the seed shell and is made for "fast growing and disease control). I used it before, and it does not avoid diseases...

- Then I used the label holder pick (see pic) to make a hole of 1cm deep (1/3rd inche) and put the seed in there, and then a little bit of soil "powdered" to close the hole. Then sprayed some water.

- Jack 47 1 & 2 appeared on day "seed +2"
- Northern Light 1 appeared on day "seed+3"
- Northern light 2 appeared on day "seed +4" :because it was deeper than the others (2 cm, instead of 1).

See you next time !

01-All1.jpg

editted I removed some pics but reput this one as I want to do better than this previous grow:

067-CD-SYRUP.jpg

re: SpaceF - Auto-Flowers - Northern Light x Big Bud & Jack47 Auto

The NLxBB #2 looks weak, and its soil more humid than in others pots.
On the contrary, the other NLxBB container dries faster than the others (hot spot of the box ?)
Exchanged location of the two containers: the weak one should dry faster.

The 2 Jack 47 Autos look great !!
They all look great though :-D

02-NL-Compare.jpg
02-Jack-Compare.jpg

Day 6
=====

All the containers have dried well. Added 200 ml of water infused with Organic Yunan Tuocha Tea (4 coffee spoons per liter), Green Tea (4 coffee spoons per liter) (random brand), green coffee and cherry tails (infusions for draining).

At this stage, the leaves are smaller than on a previous grow when the lamp was much closer.
The aim is to help the seedling grow in altitude rather than in diameter. And the young plants are full of energy !

06-NL-Compare.jpg

06-JackCompare.jpg

See you next time !

DAY 11
======

Just to give some news ! :)
- All seem to go well.

- I notice that the 2 NL now grow similar leaves, eventhough one is still late by a couple of days. It does not look weak anymore, it seems to "normalize".

- I also notice that, compared to the previous grow (3 strains organic / CFL) the leaves are smaller. If the lamp was closer by 10 cm, then the leaves would be larger. I wanted to see if the plants grew faster and higher with the lamp a little bit higher, but if there is a difference, it is not obvious so far.

However, as all the plants are fine, there is no reason to change what is being done here ;-)

I am letting the soil dry 1 extra day (it is well dry on the surface), then I will begin the organic grow program.

The small "picks" with the yellow stickers for flies is for a try. It is cute, but I am not sure it is that efficient. It caught a couple already though.
11-ALL.jpg

I need to note those :

Northern Light x Big Bud Auto - World of Seeds

It can be harvested after 50-60 days, time that it uses to produce up to 70g/plant with big, dense buds, which can acquire purple tones at the end of flowering, if the temperature drops. Plants are stable and homogeneous, being able to grow them either indoors - using rowing tents - or outdoors, reaching maximum heights of 1.70m.
Resin production is awesome, covering everything with sparkling crystals, emanating a smell that mixes sweet citrus notes with pineapple and tangerine reminiscences. Its effect has a high medicinal potential compared with the existing AutoFem, being very relaxing and intense.

Autoflowering feminized indica - - Genetics: Northern Light Auto x Big Bud Auto x Ruderalis -- Indoor Production: up to 600g/m2 -- Outdoor Production: up to 70g/plant -- THC: 22%

Jack 47 Auto - Sweet Seeds
is possibly the most potent automatic strain in the market. It is a very productive plant with abundant buds full of resin.
The aroma and flavor of Jack 47 Auto is sweet, lemony, fresh and incensed.

Autoflowering 100% --- Indoor production: 450-600gr/m2 --- Outdoor production: 50-200gr/planta -- Indoor / Outdoor Harvest: 9 weeks from germination -- Height: 50-120cm --

PACKAGES.jpg

Jack 47 - 9 weeks = 63 days
NLxBB - 8.57 weeks = 60 days

Just a personal reminder about what I am growing ;-)

Day 20: when real problems happen !
============================

The 2 plants at the back are at the back of the lamp too, and have received less light.
Result = they are smaller. I've let the phenomenon happen for 2 more days, so you can see how extreme it is !
It is clearly a matter of lamp intensity, as all was fine until now.

Solution: I will put boxes under the pots with smaller plants, so they are higher, closer to the lamp. Hoepefully, it will help equalizing the plants heights.

This is the main problem with CFL (CIS SUper plants) : the light intensity is mainly at the front of the tubes , and much less at the back !
I bet that I will have to remove the weaker plant to go on only with 3 like on previous CFL grows, but I will give it an extra 10 days to see if elevating the problematic plants helps to solve the problem.

0020-Problems.jpg

Here is how it looks after applying the solution in the previous post.
Anything that is at the back of the lamp is higher now.

Look at the placement of the lamp too. I consider now that the "back of the lamp" is the middle of the lamp. The front of the tube is placed at the middle/top of the other plants.

The other solution would be to have 2 cfls in paralel but each facing a different side, to illuminate the whole length of the tube evenly, which is not the case with one CFL only.

0020-Problems-2.jpg

DAY 34
=====

I came back after 10 days of absence and not taking care of the plants. I was not happy with what I found: lack of N (yellowing leaves) and plant that did not grow much and have suffered from CFL heat as well as cold nights giving them barely 20° when 25° Celsius are needed.

I first wanted to double the CFL by cutting 2 reflectors , but I broke 1 CFL.... so F that.

I went for "INDOOR LEDS" 2 COB * 200 W at a price that could not be missed and paid in several times. best deal for me !

I hope it will save the plants and allow a nice finish too.

I keep the Red CFL for now. I will place it differently, but I need tools and fixtures.
For the moment, I will program a "SUNSET" for a couple of hours a day, I always wanted to do that (sunrise and sunset in a grow box).

0034-setup.jpg

0034-new-branches.jpg

0034-LEDS.jpg

They look alright man a bit small but not to bad at all. That led looks nice and a sunset feature welcome addition to it. you got the specs on it??

Hi Sprat! thanks for the encouragements.

I do not have the full specs of the leds, but I know they have 7 wavelengths , with blue UV and infra-red on it.

COB G5 technology 2*64 leds of 3W = 128*3W = 384 W in total (192 per COB).
Consumption = less than 265 W (around 220 / 230 may be)
Size: 29*18*8.5 cm
30 cm from canopee .

I Like the shape factor, because I can use a second led board with more freedom of placement in the box than with a 4 COB setup of 800 W.

For the CFL, I have a new pic. I will start the CFL 3 or 4 hours before the led goes off, and will probably have a few CFL only hours.
The thing is that the CFL heats up. So may be I should use it as a heater too if needed in winter. It is a 250 W Red CFL, but I would have preferred a dual CFL (Blue + red). Such a small box too :) (2 *2 ..or .60*60cm)

0034-setupSUNSET.jpg

Looks real nice man I still got my big ass dual 300w peace of crap cfl LOL I'm gonna get a mars reflector48 next month. It's cool you can do payments on it that would be ideal for me as well but to be honest I'm paranoid as all hell you know how it is around here. Looks real nice tho man real good buy hope it brings ya huge buds. :goodluck::tokin:

DAY 36
======

I do not know what to do with the "dwarf" Northern Light (NLxBB # 2 on the pictures below).
Cut it and plant something else ? just let it grow instead of killing it anyway ?

Why did that happen in the first place ? it did not evolve well.
Too much water ?
I am letting all pots dry for 5 days at least.

I am also ditching the platinum nutrient line because I can see a pattern of lack of nutrient that could be caused by them (small white dots appear on leaves).

I will only use the BioBIzz stuff for this grow.

0036-all.jpg

0036-profile.jpg

The new rig. The Vertical CFL allows to light the lower buds.

It uses 400 W power, and delivers 200 w CFL + 384 W Leds = 584 W ? or may be it compares to a HPS of 150+(384*1.5) = 726 W HPS ??) .
Well, 584 W of light power is already good, and if it really gives an equivalent of more than 650 W, then great !.

The Leds are used during 14 hours a day (max recommended = 16 hours)
The CFL is used alone at "sunrise" and "sunset" during 3/4 hours approx (1.5 / 2 hours)
The CFL is used in addition to the led during the "main hours" of the day, during 12 hours.
It allows to have a very wide and unique spectrum during approximately 16 hours/day.
I am very happy with this setup so far.

I had to buy an electronic Timer for the led panel, the mechanical one let some power through and the led panel was actually working even when "off".

0036-rig2.jpg

0036-rige.jpg

See you !

I went to Auchan they had some for like 10 euros digital 8 different programmable times. Looks nice tho man my sweet skunk auto has exploded. She's growing into the light literally she has exploded in growth.

Back
Top Bottom